WTS: # 1 Must Have K40vn Thrower (New Batch) $150 No Box Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: # 1 Must Have K40vn Thrower (Taking Orders Again)

I cant agree more. Measuring lumen and lux wont be my thing for now. I will leave that to the pros.

Maybe you should invest in some devices which will measure the lumens and lux of your lights accurately. It's not really accurate to count on the impressions of others.

I have no doubt the K40vn puts out more lumens than the TN31mb. It's an XM-L2 vs. an XP-G2. They're both de-domed and driven hard, but the XM-L2 will still put out more lumens. They won't, however, develop the same lux. And they won't develop the unobstructed throw, without the interference from spill. It's an "apples and oranges" thing. They aren't the same kind of light.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened

Well I think the K40VN will smoke the overall performance of the the TN31MB. That's talking spill and overall useful beam. And when price is considereded in the overall option, it ain't even close.

Well I was going off of saablaster saying he measured his Power On Board 35watt HID at 534K. I have one as well. The 510K I figured was a conservative guesstimate. I do think the K40VN is right close to 450K on any day of the week.

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great turn around time on my TX25C2. Thanks for the great service. Can't wait to try it out.

Got 50,400 lux. Awesome!

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: # 1 Must Have K40vn Thrower (Just ordered 15 more)

In another week I'll be back where my good light meter is. An AEMC CA813. I'll be testing K40vn and TX25C2vn. You should consider one Wayne. They are around $165 shipped. Supposedly they are the cheapest "good" light meter you can buy.

houser23

Enlightened

Vinh I'm kind of shocked with as many lights as you put out that you have no way of substantiating your lumen and lux outputs. I was under the impression you had a light meter in your possession.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh I'm kind of shocked with as many lights as you put out that you have no way of substantiating your lumen and lux outputs. I was under the impression you had a light meter in your possession.

I measure current at the LED and the use Match's Current VS Lumen charts. This is why I always state LED Lumen. IMO, this is a goof reference and reliable way to get relative datas. Measurements can involves more human error and thus more possible misleading info.

Google this
Emitter Test Results pt4: XML2, XP-E2, XP-G2, and Nichia219! (along with sinkpad tests)

and this

More Emitter Test Results (xpg2, xpe2, mtg2) Updated 11-12-12

houser23

Enlightened

Ah I see, I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat....

rdrfronty

Enlightened

Here is a quick shot at appx 1m. So starting on the left - K40vn, TN31mb, TN31vn -

Mikeltee

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: K40vn

Are these in stock? The de-dome gives more throw correct? Mike Sloan talked me into one. I'll take a de-dome engraved please. May I suggest that you start carrying high quality batteries that are protected and are the best match to each light please. If you do have the batteries for this light PM a total for light, engrave, and 4 batteries please.

edit: Crap... Now I'm confused. I'm thinking I should go with the Shocker for a throw light. The bigger size of the Shocker does not bother me. Is that the only reason to get the K40 vs Shocker? Are they both similar as in the small amount of flood they produce? As Mike Sloan put it... The K40's beam allows one to keep your nightvision by not flooding the area close to you. Does the shocker have this aspect as well?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Are these in stock? The de-dome gives more throw correct? Mike Sloan talked me into one. I'll take a de-dome engraved please. May I suggest that you start carrying high quality batteries that are protected and are the best match to each light please. If you do have the batteries for this light PM a total for light, engrave, and 4 batteries please.

edit: Crap... Now I'm confused. I'm thinking I should go with the Shocker for a throw light. The bigger size of the Shocker does not bother me. Is that the only reason to get the K40 vs Shocker? Are they both similar as in the small amount of flood they produce? As Mike Sloan put it... The K40's beam allows one to keep your nightvision by not flooding the area close to you. Does the shocker have this aspect as well?

I got 1 K40vn ready to ship. I got 15 more coming.
Dedome gives more throw.
I only carry 18650PF Unprotected High Drained as I want to provide an affordable High performance battery with a decent capacity.

In terms of performance:

Refer to post 1 here for K40vn VS ShockerVn

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Lumen-Thrower-4500-Lumen-(Beamshots-Uploaded)

If you want performance buy a ShockerVN. If you want a compact ultra thrower buy a K40vn.

let me know what you decide

Mikeltee

Newly Enlightened

CaptainRogersUK

Newly Enlightened

Damn those shots look good- so glad i got the TN31VN now as the spherical beam looks awesome on that, and quite a little wider too :)

Should be way cool for my night patrols out on duty, so if recommended setting is 4 on the TN31VN what run time would I get on 3400 panasonic's :) currently doing 17 hr night shifts, so trying to work out how many spare cells i need :)

Here is a quick shot at appx 1m. So starting on the left - K40vn, TN31mb, TN31vn -

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Well according to your beam shots, I am going to need both! Lol. We will start with the K40.

Everyone who like my lights should start with a K40vn. Its my still my number 1 must have for good reasons :)

Status
Not open for further replies.