• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: V10R Ti Electronic Raised Button Switches - Run #2

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear.

I suppose a few may miss the momentary option, but with the infinite UI I don't think you lose too much in terms of overall function.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Switch #19 arrived yesterday and I picked it up from the post office today. That was fast shipping! I already removed the stock switch so this will be going on later tonight! Thank you again for offering these and for your immense patience.

I recieved mine yestereday and installed it lastnight. It was good timing too because the kuku switch I have is startting to play up, i think the switch battery is dead. The tweezers is a real bonus, made swapping the switches a breeze. The raised button is much easier to use than the original kuku switch, operation is excellent. I'm glad I was lucky enough to get one of these, thanks SOYCD.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi - glad you like it.

Keep in mind that it is not a battery, but a small capacitor, which stores the charge in the switch. If you contact Steve he will sell you a new one. It's only an $8 part and you can easily swap in a new switch component in under 2 minutes. It's the same exact part that's in mine so if you buy two you'll have a spare one for the just in case.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: V10R Ti Electronic Raised Button Switches - Run #2 Pre-Order

Hi -

Mr.Snakeman and Scalez. I have not heard back from either of you for well over a month. I want to give you guys as much time as I can but I think a reasonable amount of time has passed. If I don't hear back from either of you by January 24 I will make the switches available (and scalez - refund your payment) to the people on the wait list for the switches.

133-Tritmr.snakeman (confirmed)
143-Tritmr.snakeman (confirmed)

776-Tritscalez (confirmed)TBD$135 + $5 = $140PAID
786-Tritscalez (confirmed)TBD$135 (shipping paid with #77)PAID

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Received my switch this morning and it is beautiful. The tweezers looks good, too. Your attention to detail in the packing is greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to installing the switch tonight. Not your fault at all, but the tracking was a joke. I checked last night and the tracking said the package was still in the States. In the future, I won't trust the tracking and will bring the light to office. Since I don't have the light with me, I'll just admire the switch during the day and install it tonight. Thank you for this great project and I'm glad I jumped on it.

bubble

Enlightened

I received mine too, I found the parcel yesterday when I got back from work. I am over the moon. I spent the evening installing them and missed my evening meal.

I am still trying to figure out if they can fit to an Haiku tail.

Thanks for all the energy you've put in this project in order to get it of the ground.

D4n0710

Newly Enlightened
Installed my switch today and I am very happy. I love the fact I could get rid of a whole bunch of plastic crap that the old switch was made from. I had some flicker issues initially but took everything apart, cleaned, reassembled and it was gone.

It is a great upgrade to the light and the silent switching makes for stealth movement around the house at night.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad you guys are liking them. Shipping seems to be pretty decent. It has picked up a bit since the holiday season shipping has passed.

I am still trying to figure out if they can fit to an Haiku tail.

I would love to say yes. But, alas, no. I sent a Haiku and a Tri-EDC over to Jeff to have him put a V10R switch in each. The Tri-EDC is doable and came out looking amazing.
Dam_Tri-EDC_V10R_switch.jpg

Unfortunately with the Haiku, Jeff said, the way that the o-ring grooves are cut they are wider than (and right in the area that) the threads for the switch need to be cut. I think the real treasure for the Haiku will be Mattaus' switch when it is ready to hit production.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

ps - That picture contains a little teaser of my next project. I will say no more until they are ready in a month or so. :sssh:

th8tredude

Enlightened
Interested! On top of the copper is a nice looking optic....Definitely interested! Post something here if you start a thread. Loving my switch, by the way! Thinking I might need to send the V10Ti+ to Vinh for a current bump and 5000K LED on Copper. Can't decide between XM-L2 for sheer lumens, or an XP-G2 or even XP-E2 for throw....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have a Ti+ you are kinda limited to a XML2 upgrade. You need a regular Ti XPG reflector and centering ring in order for it to work right. Not saying the XML2 reflector won't work with XPG2 (maybe it will) but it will not be optimized the way the stock XPG reflector in the regular V10R is.

I've been considering sending Vin one of the V10Rs myself for the current boost just to see what the difference is like.

gunga

Flashaholic
I don't mean to be a pain, but I'm a bit surprised at what Jeff had to say about the Haiku. Here is the rare kuku switch for e-series in a haiku. I'm using an extended button from one of your switches.

I guess he means adapting an existing switch to the haiku. This one has an entirely different body.

bavyhy8y.jpg

Last edited:

JasonH

Enlightened
The switch you have there was made for E Series lights with the same threads as a McClicky switch. I think what Jeff was saying is that matching the thread of these V10R switches wouldn't be possible due to the existing threads that are already machined into the Haiku body.

I don't mean to be a pain, but I'm a bit surprised at what Jeff had to say about the Haiku. Here is the rare kuku switch for e-series in a haiku. I'm using an extended button from one of your switches.

I guess he means adapting an existing switch to the haiku. This one has an entirely different body.

bavyhy8y.jpg

Chrisdm

Enlightened
So I have a Ku switch in my V10r now, getting replaced by the raised switch. Will I be able to put the Ku V10r switch in my Macs TriEDC?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
What Jason said - taking a stock Haiku battery tube and expanding/threading it for a V10R switch. An e-series switch should be a drop-in.

You will not be able to put a V10R switch in a Tri-EDC. I am not advertising that as a stock use for this switch, nor can I support any modification done to the switch or your flashlights should you choose. If you desire to precede, you will need to contact a machinist/modder here on CPF and discuss having your Tri-EDC bored and threaded for the switch. This is an irreversible process so going back to the stock switch may not be possible depending on who you use.

For me, the work I had done, is semi-reversible in that I can install a McClicky back in the tube and secure the boot in place with the ring from a stock V10R Ti switch.