• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

X65vn100 100,000 Lumen Light

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: X65vn2870 100,000 Lumen Light

Once this light is ready for sale, I need to convince my wife that I...err...she needs a 100 kilolumen light. Suggestions on what to say to her are welcome! :D

I would go with the normal stuff: you need it for work... it was half off... it could save the lives of her children... it comes with new pumps... and those aren't leds on the head, they are diamonds. And, what would the neighbors think if you didn't buy the light?

I do think this light may be a breakthrough, only if it became some luggable ac/battery lantern area/worklight. Then, I wouldn't throw it out of my bed. Of course, I would propose to it first. ... Which, brings me to the point in time when the wife says, No!

Last edited:

hahoo

Enlightened

What is so hard to understand about that?!!!!

Nothing against Vinh at all,,,amazing output. What PRACTICAL use would it have?!!!

you would be surprised if you lived in the sticks, like me and wimmer do, what all you could use that for;)

lstmichel

Enlightened

you would be surprised if you lived in the sticks, like me and wimmer do, what all you could use that for;)
Once this light is ready for sale, I need to convince my wife that I...err...she needs a 100 kilolumen light. Suggestions on what to say to her are welcome! :D

offer her something - my last big light "only" cost me hardwood floors (though the flooring is nice, I must admit)

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened

Hey Vinh, I just watched the video with the volume up now that I'm not at work, is that R50vn mine that you compared the x65vn2780 to? [emoji3]

ChrisDonaldson

Newly Enlightened

Morse code signaling to the International Space Station.
Setting small woodland creatures on fire.
Self-tanning.

The list is endless!

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow unreal Vinh. ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND LUMENS is crazy. In all my years I never thought I'd see that from a hand held flashlight.

This light is still far from complete but if this light end up a success it will open up so many doors that were prohibited just hours ago LOL

That's because everyone will come out their house to see the spaceship landing!

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Come to think of it, the deal breaker for me, is the lack of sos and strobe mode. 100k lumens strobing, is probably where it's at. Like, when your car breaks down on highway, pull out your 100k strobe as you change that tire, or just signal a cop. Get lost in a crowd, try the 100k lumen sos, to find one another.

Heck, add a Morse code button to make the cellphone obsolete-for the nighttime, at least.

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

You are really funny!

Lets be honest. Emoticons scratching their heads and w/ ??? over their heads is more like Puzzled and perplexed.

It is ok to have an opinion and be different, I am!

I am far from the norm. I speak my mind and have an opinion and am not afraid of what others may think. Many people on these websites want to be diplomatic, go with the flow and are afraid to step on someones toes! One word for them would be MINIONS!:D

Bro, to question the practicality of a specially modded 100 thousand lumen flashlight in its maker's thread is off-putting. You're a good guy and your opinions matter... you're one of the more intelligent people I know... but this is obviously a showoff light. It's for fun... for the heck of it. When you point out the obvious in an instance like this it just makes you seem boorish... which I know you really are not. So anyway, let's you and me go get some ice cream. I'm buying. :)

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wait a minute... I just looked up the word boorish. Turns out it actually is a pretty good description. Bahahaha just kidding Cap! :poke:

ProCharger

Enlightened

SOS with a piece of sheet metal. Whatever you do don't use something like a paper plate or cardboard, a tn36utvn ignites that stuff at only 3 xhp70's :p

Come to think of it, the deal breaker for me, is the lack of sos and strobe mode. 100k lumens strobing, is probably where it's at. Like, when your car breaks down on highway, pull out your 100k strobe as you change that tire, or just signal a cop. Get lost in a crowd, try the 100k lumen sos, to find one another.

Heck, add a Morse code button to make the cellphone obsolete-for the nighttime, at least.

I clicked the link for the vid and as soon as the 100k lumen light came on i just smiled and had a good evil laugh going.

Imagine asking about the new 100k lumen light in the LED section, 99% would just try to correct it for lux :crackup:

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

im sure throw is not much but a 100,000 lumen wall of light is going to throw a good distance no mater what.

ChrisDonaldson

Newly Enlightened

im sure throw is not much but a 100,000 lumen wall of light is going to throw a good distance no mater what.

If we consider Vinh's demonstration of the throw that a 40k lumen light can achieve, I think that 100k lumens will put a bit of light downrange.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast

The OTF lumen set me back in awe, and I am not even bragging.

Even with plug-in lighting, 40,000 lumens is okay, but not exciting. At least not an eye squinting 10,000 lumens.

At 100,000 lumens is somewhere near the tipping point where the gut kicks in. Excitement, because, "this is the first light ever, that needs no helper lights", mixed with the uneasy feeling that once this level of light is attainable for everyone, lighting becomes idiot proof, and needs no more expertise or knowledge.

What lumens per watt can you get, vinh?

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, my 1000watt winged 130k lumen metal halide is about 14,000 lux at 5 foot 8 inches. . Probably, 11,000 candela to be safe, without doing the math. . This out throws all but two of my lights. I think my tk-35 800 lumen is 24k candela on max.

At 12k candela, I can see faint roof peak discolorations on a 3 story house standing 60 foot behind the Back eaves.