• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

X7 Marauder Information

Olightworld

Enlightened
Yes it is difficult for us to know which cells work and won't work with the light. This is why we decided to specifically make some that we know for a fact works with Turbo S. If you get the Olight batteries with the Olight, there is no question about performance, if they work, etc.

Thanks Maukka that's great news.

It's interesting I run it on the EVVA 18650GA tested by HKJ where it was mentioned they were 10A continuous, but it still doesn't like turbo S

Hail the Light

Newly Enlightened
Thanks OlightWorld, i read on here the Olight HDC batteries are actually Samsung cells or similar High Drains, the 30Q's button tops arrived and they work much better than the EVVA sanyo 18650GA's. There were a few issues noticed with the Olight HDC batteries and didn't want to risk that purchase of nearly $90 for four. I have other Olight ORB high drain 18650's that work great for some single cell lights. The 26650 that came with the R50 seeker is a great match for the light it came with. There have been a few complaints about when the voltage drops you can't access turbo anymore, but for general use, I have found the X7 becomes to hot to use and I have to step it back well before the batteries low voltage causes a drop. It would be nice if it was just a little bit longer in length.

The specs state that it is 8-12 minutes on Turbo, but after 5 minutes I can't hold it anymore. Still a great light, with so many lumens, I agree in a nice NW tint I would re-purchase one, to drop a few lumens from 9000 wouldn't matter, we could use this size torch a little longer, when you look at the light, going from 5500 to 9000, it is much brighter, but It doesn't appear to be twice as bright, losing a few more lumens for the NW tint with better color would allow us to see more, and it would appear brighter anyway.