• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

XM18vn Project DONE DONE DONE

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: 24,000 Lumen Light Coming Soon ;-) LOL

Just so ya'll know I am still waiting for parts to come for this 24K Project

Knifefeak

Newly Enlightened

Are modding a pre existing light or is this a full from "scratch" build

Bronco

Enlightened

If you're into lots of Lumens, are any of you following the NightSword thread? One light, 70,000 Lumens, touchscreen controlled, true 1.5 mile throw with a beam more intense than your city Police department helicopter NightSun searchlight.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...word-project&p=4319003&viewfull=1#post4319003

Very interesting, BVH. Could you direct me to an actual picture of the light itself? Skimming through the thread, I was only able to spy what appeared to be various cross sectional diagrams and renderings, but no photos. Would be curious to see what this beast looks like in real life. :)

Disciple

Enlightened

I don't think it's complete yet. Various proof-of-concept assemblies have been tested but the final construction has yet to be realized.

Bronco

Enlightened

I don't think it's complete yet. Various proof-of-concept assemblies have been tested but the final construction has yet to be realized.

Thanks, Disciple. You saved me from slogging through a thousand posts only to find out this thing is vaporware. :D

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Thanks, Disciple. You saved me from slogging through a thousand posts only to find out this thing is vaporware. :D

Vaporware is typically reserved for lights that are SUPPOSED to be available but never are.....the thread BVH referenced was describing the very detailed development, and no where does the thread imply its going to be available at any given time...its just a discussion of the work, as the product is developed. Its not for sale yet, etc.

Based upon the engineering and thought going into it though, if it does come to fruition, it will be awesome.

:D

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Re: 24K Lumen Light Coming Soon ;-) LOL

The one firing is the missus, and the last one is you coming back as a zombie because the missus regret shooting?

We need more emoticons.

:D

Didn't have a "dead" one...the last one look more dead than say :tinfoil:, as that one's smiling....otherwise, could be a fatal wound at least, etc.

The feinting one at least sort of looked like something happened, and it then fell down.

The gunner could be Vinh or the Missus I suppose, but, the two combined would have been replaced by a more suicidal gun to the head emoticon if we had it.

:santa:

Last edited: