Yet another new EDC light just in time for X-mas -- Lumapower Avenger!

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
cant decide.....A1 or this one???

The Avenger has the convenience of a tail clicky, but the Tiablo looks tougher... If it was me I'd go with the Avenger because I tend to use clicky lights more than twisties (easier).

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
cant decide.....A1 or this one???
Yep, the Tiablo A1 looks nice, and gets high lumens with a NiMh battery.... but.... I've found that lights with at least 2 levels are so much more useful, that the A1's single level was a deal breaker for me, so the Avenger won my pre-order.

However, I also really like that the Avenger comes with 2 tailcaps. I'll probably end up using the clicky, but it's nice to have the option of switching to a twisty if I want.

garence

Newly Enlightened
I just received mine. It's a really nice light, very well made. It's a little larger than the size of a Fenix L0D, and feels more rugged. The clip design is well thought out. I prefer the beam output levels of the Fenix, though. The Avenger has a greenish tinge, whereas the L0D is a cleaner white. Also the L0D has 3 brightness levels, whereas the Avenger has just 2.

The optional clicky is a nice idea for this form factor, but not a necessity. It has a Fenix quality to it, but... I'm unable to get it to work. I used the enclosed tweezers to remove the contact core and screwed in the switch... but no light (yep, I made sure the head was fully screwed on). Is there some other trick to this? The box did not include any instructions--only a warranty card.

UPDATE: Lumapower said they'd be sending a battery contact rod to provide for this. I find it a little odd that they didn't test this first...

Overall, I think as a general purpose EDC the L0D wins. For a more rugged conditions, the Avenger would probably be favored.

Last edited:

uh1c

Newly Enlightened
It also comes with an optional clicky switch. It has a Fenix quality to it, but... I'm unable to get it to work. I used the enclosed tweezers to remove the contact core and screwed in the switch... but no light (yep, I made sure the head was fully screwed on). Is there some other trick to this? The box did not include any instructions--only a warranty card.

Lumapower says they will be shipping an extended contact rod for the clicky for free to solve this problem. (re: email from Lumapower)