You know reviews are biased when…

LRJ88

Enlightened
I've no connection to these people, i wouldn't suggest anyone spend any money at all on them, i just found this review hilarious and worth sharing to brighten up someone's day. Pun intended.

3_gun

Enlightened
That is some of the best humor I've seen on the board; mainly because it's not meant to be funny. Guy should've been a writer for Mad magazine back in the day

It just gets better if you go the "the official web site" & see the bargain price you can get for ... you gota see for yourself .. LOL

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
The shilling here is so pure that the only thing you can do is point and laugh at this mofo's face :popcorn: That Fotialamp piece of trash is exactly the kind of disposable cheapo host that we get our batteries in now.

Great find!

"BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! When purchase you also to get these set of surgical steel steak knives!
The best for cutting enjoyment of maximum happiness!"
But are they Kamikoto, made from PRIZED JAPANESE STEEL? :bowdown:

3_gun

Enlightened
Yet sadly to someone who isn't a member at one of the flashlight board or a close friend or family member this light would sound amazing. And even some who we do know would STILL buy this foolishness.

Full run time (8hrs!!) at full (200L) brightness is something dollar store light won't do. COB for hands free in the bathroom or kitchen is another. Add in the magnetic tail & zoom; you have real WOW factor to a HUGH % of the population.

As a guy who over the last 3 or so years have gone to 2000 or more estate/yard/garage sales, your lucky to find a working vintage Eveready/RayoVac much less a Maglight or even mini Maglite. As LED lights go you'll most likely find one of the cluster LED, 3 AAA battery, Harbor Freight style lights.

I've found 0 (zero) of anything we'd post here as an EDC or general propose light & only 1 wildly under priced Surefire weapons light (YES I bought it). Maybe the family kept them or tossed them; if they opened it a saw a "weird" C123a or 18650 battery in it [happened in MY OWN FAMILY. Pulled a S&W branded xenon bulbed 2 123a light from the trash pile that I had given my dad]

We are the 1/10th of 1% that know the truth/details of the FP1 standard, the flaws in low CRI, the difference in xxxxK temp of the light & why it matters, what an IPxx rating means and dozens of other details that make up a good battery powered hand held light.

So as funny & sad as this light is to us it would be an improvement to a truly shocking number of the populations flashlight.

fulee9999

Enlightened
Maybe the family kept them or tossed them; if they opened it a saw a "weird" C123a or 18650 battery in it [happened in MY OWN FAMILY. Pulled a S&W branded xenon bulbed 2 123a light from the trash pile that I had given my dad]

We are the 1/10th of 1% that know the truth/details of the FP1 standard, the flaws in low CRI, the difference in xxxxK temp of the light & why it matters, what an IPxx rating means and dozens of other details that make up a good battery powered hand held light.

So as funny & sad as this light is to us it would be an improvement to a truly shocking number of the populations flashlight.

That's why you should try and educate people on those topics. Maybe it won't matter, but sometimes it does. For example sometime in september or october my mum asked me about this "CRI thingy" because she paints paintings and as the daylight was growing shorter and short she needed a lightsource so she asked me for a recommendation on a high CRI E26/E27 bulb.
And one of my greatest achievements personally in the topic is when I went over to my parents house to help out my dad fiddling about with some fixtures and he was like "wait I'll bring my flashlight" and he showed up with the Inforce TFX I bought him previous christmas. My heart melted from pride and joy.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore light broke when dropped three feet? Or did he read a spec saying it's impact resistant to one meter and just say he dropped it? That's funny that a Fenix light that uses a rechargeable 18650 battery, the most common lithium ion cell on the planet is a hard to find, non-standard battery. If you use a rechargeable battery, how often are you going to have to go on a quest to find new batteries? I'm going to pass on the vibrator jokes for the Olight to avoid getting banned. Read the third con under Olight. It's hilarious.

Last edited:
A family friend regularly messaged me for several years asking if some random no-name plastic gizmo with an LED strapped to one end is a good buy. (He was invariably excited with his discovery...a police tactical light with 5000 lumens, using three AA cells, all for $29.95!!!)

After two years worth of "No it's not... here's why" replies, he's finally gotten the hint and now just tells me what he needs a light for, his price range, and asks for recommendations. I'm proud to state that I've been able to steer him away from some god-awful products, and toward some solid purchases. He even reported that the headlamp I recommend so impressed a woman at his cycling club that she invited him for drinks after one of the club rides. ( No further information available...sorry.) 🤐