Your Lawn Mower

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm considering replacing an older gas Toro with a 60V Toro. Any thoughts or personal experience would be welcomed.

Check out this sexy beast!

View attachment 59082
In all honesty, unless if it is a significant amount of money cheaper than the ego I wouldn't bother. Ego really is that much better than a competition. There's no reason to buy anything else. In the amount of different tools, they have that can all use the same battery

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm considering replacing an older gas Toro with a 60V Toro. Any thoughts or personal experience would be welcomed.

Check out this sexy beast!

View attachment 59082
- Personal pace is great. They kept that.
- Can use other batteries like their blower battery while the big one charges.
- Good for 45 minutes on turbo but like a gas engine it has an option to govern itself so when needed it'll add power.
- The super recycler name is changed to vortex but does the same thing.
- Same pita mulcher plug at the rear that pukes grass from the rear while clean. Once it gets some clippings packed around it, the seal is good. If you have a manicured yard that's a pain. I just run back over the clippings. My yard is mixture of green stuff so I don't worry about the perfect lines like some.
- I personally don't care for the proprietary wheels. I like plain jane universal type I can get at home depot.
- The top end model has a headlight and a "cool guy" hood over the battery. Other than that they are the same.
- Cost for the lower end version is about $50 more than the gas powered super recycler I bought 13 years ago.
- I would suggest buying it at a lawn mower dealer instead of through the mail. The dealer will set up the handle like you want and adjust the self propel cable properly.
- I'll buy one when the gas powered one quits but my previous one lasted 25+ years.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Almost two years ago, a friend had a Toro that wouldn't start. I told him to get a can of carb cleaner and have a go at the carburetor. I pointed him to a youtube link on howto. He failed. I was going to tell him to bring it over, and I'll take care of it for him, but he had gone out and bought a new one.

I asked if he threw the other one out yet, and when he said no, I said: "Give it to me. I;ll fix it and give it to my son." He agreed. It took about an hour but I got it running. It was self propelled, and with my bad hip, I'd really be challenged in keeping up with it.

Now that I have a new hip, I would be able to keep up with it.
I'm sure that my son appreciates the power that it has.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ryobi 160cc (spotlight optional) 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20240121_213333.jpg
    IMG_20240121_213333.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 12