Zebralight H501 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkane

Newly Enlightened
Re: Zebralight H501 specs

Carl wrote - "Does the H501 cap have less threads on it than the H50?"

The H50 has 8 threads on the body and 9 on the cap. The H501 has 4 threads on the body and 5 threads on the cap. The threads are finer on the H50 and courser on the H501. The caps are about the same diameter. The thicker part of the body is less thick on the H501.

I hope the shipment was not on the FedEx cargo plane that crashed in Japan. It was carrying freight from China.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make

i wish i would of waited more than 5 seconds with my purchase.

and read things more thoroughly. i thought that the warm tints were in somewhat distant future (just like the h501 was just out of stock while before coming for sale)

if i would of known that warm was option when ordering i would of gotten one.

oh well. i think i will be satisfied with normal tint headlamp too.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just received an email from zebralight with some interesting information:

Output numbers H5601 Q3 5A:
H501 Q3 5A at:
High - 80 Lumens
Medium - 15 Lumens
Low - 2.7 Lumens

They only got less than 15 wamr white H501 in stock - if you want one, order now!

yes, i got the same email.

placed my order for 2 for the ems :D.

i'm glad i waited because these things are hard or nearly impossible to mod. it was so hard figuring the q5 does have a warm tint in general it seems.

(i'm not sure if i'm going to keep 2. if i keep 1, i'll sell the other at cost to someone in the u.s. which would be 62 plus actual ship. or 62 meet me somewhere.
IF i dont keep both. or one is faulty and needs to be sent back, etc)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast

got mine! went to pick it up from post office 2 hours ago..

have been playing with it since. haha..

wish i had checked the mailbox in the morning.. i could of played with it all day if i had found the "arrived package" note earlier.

sigh..need to change the battery soon so i can show it off to friends tonight.

Ohmmyyy it s small!!! Tiny! sweeeeet!

oh my. how can i find it if i forget where i put it.. it soooo small!

order came faster than i thought.. ordered on 16th.

clicky feel is nice. strobe dont bother as its hidden. nice white tint. might of liked warm better but this is nice as is. even perfect size beam for me.

its just a pretty bugger, never had such a small fun light.

worth every penny so far.

negative: looks like the threads wear off the ano easily. (yeah i have opened it up to change batteries for atleast 20 times.. testing if there is clear difference of alkaline and different nimhs etc.)

cool light. im giddy of my tiny new toy.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mkane,

thanks for the info on the cap threads. Much appreciated.

Anyone have any beam pics indoor/outdoor?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

negative: looks like the threads wear off the ano easily.

If the threads are anodized, how is the circuit completed? Isn't the anodize on the threads acting as an electrical insulator?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

If the threads are anodized, how is the circuit completed? Isn't the anodize on the threads acting as an electrical insulator?

It probably works like the H50, where the contact is made with the end of the battery tube to a ring in the tailcap.

Geoff

bhds

Enlightened

Strobe? This light has a strobe function?

have been playing with it since. haha..

wish i had checked the mailbox in the morning.. i could of played with it all day if i had found the "arrived package" note earlier.

sigh..need to change the battery soon so i can show it off to friends tonight.

Ohmmyyy it s small!!! Tiny! sweeeeet!

oh my. how can i find it if i forget where i put it.. it soooo small!

order came faster than i thought.. ordered on 16th.

clicky feel is nice. strobe dont bother as its hidden. nice white tint. might of liked warm better but this is nice as is. even perfect size beam for me.

its just a pretty bugger, never had such a small fun light.

worth every penny so far.

negative: looks like the threads wear off the ano easily. (yeah i have opened it up to change batteries for atleast 20 times.. testing if there is clear difference of alkaline and different nimhs etc.)

cool light. im giddy of my tiny new toy.

concept0

Enlightened

Someone mentioned earlier that a double-click when on high puts it in strobe mode, so it is there but not in the way.

Nice choice, intuitive and not troublesome. :thumbsup:

I understand the use of a strobe on tactical lights, but what possible purpose could strobe have on a headlamp?

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast

mine has strobe.

it works only when its on "High", you do 2 quick taps to make it blink.. and it blinks FAST!

normal taps to change mode doesnt turn it to strobe. or my fingers are slower than most peoples (probably are :) )

i havent yet accidentally made it strobe. and about 1/10 times i failed to get it on when i tried.

i hate strobe. i can understand slow low or medium blink as alert function. but i especially hate when i am tapping thru the modes there is a strobe/sos in between the modes.

but i can live with this kind of blinker as its "hard" to turn it on accidentally.

on zebralight h501 page it mentions strobe on Operations section.

negative: i wish the click to be little more stiff. i accidentaly turn it on. and also i would of wished it would ramp up. now it starts on high. there goes dark adapted eyes.

HorizonSon

Newly Enlightened

Agreed! I would have MUCH prefered a "becon" as opposed to a "stobe"... I'm moving away from Fenix (don't want to, but) because of their stupid SOS and strobe: they really really **** me off in my near daily use of them. <sigh> If you DO want to use the strobe; YES, it is only via double-clicking while in the High setting. Or three quick clicks from the Off postion.

If you Press and hold the "clicky", it starts from Low to Medium to High and keeps cycling through until you let go of the "clicky". I mostly only need it on the Low mode for my nightly walks. Just press and hold the "clicky" for about 0.5 seconds. ANY delay in the depressing of the "clicky" puts it into the "ramping up mode"...

I wished I knew that I could have placed a note at the time of my purchase for the "warm tint" version; but hey, I'm not displeased in the slightest! :)

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

I just received an email from zebralight with some interesting information:

Output numbers H5601 Q3 5A:
H501 Q3 5A at:
High - 80 Lumens
Medium - 15 Lumens
Low - 2.7 Lumens

They only got less than 15 wamr white H501 in stock - if you want one, order now!

You people got me so worked up over warm tint h501 I will accept no substitutes. No Q5….only Q3-5A or nothing. If the 15 are all sold then will hold off for more. I gotta get warm tint!:rock:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

5A warm is nice but its also 16 lumens less on high - that's not a huge amount but not exactly insignificant either.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I understand the use of a strobe on tactical lights, but what possible purpose could strobe have on a headlamp?

Zebra lights are not just headlamps.

It's dark. You lost control of your car and drove off the road. You are strapped in the car, injured and unable to move your whole body. You call for help, but finding you in the middle of nowhere is not easy for paramedics. The strobe signal from your Zebra light makes it easier for people to find you. It could mean the difference between life and death.

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Generally, How efficient are Zebralights when compared to other single AA lights ? (Fenix, Liteflux, Nitecore, etc.).

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened

Does the 501 have the same lovely flat runtime-curve on nimh 1,2v the 30 has at ~3v? Anyone know?

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.