Not open for further replies.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
Re: Zebralight H501 specs

hokie peoples, shouldn't we get back on topic of Zebralight? :poke:

d1337

Enlightened

As i mentioned before, I think its impractial to always have an assesory with you like a nut, magnet or converter if AAAs are only used in "emergency"situations. I would like the light to be compatible with AAAs without having to add, carry or think about anything wich does not belong to the light.
I already mentioned, that i believe this should be possible by stretching the spring.
In fact, we only need a spring wich extends 5mm into the batterycompartment while without force. The spirng in the h60 extends about 7mm form the bottom of the tailcap and is squeezed entirely if you use protected 18650s.
If the dimensions in the h501 are similar that it could even be possible to use AAAs without any modification.

So here are two things I never ever plan to do:
- Stretch out the spring on $59 light so that I can use a inferior battery that it was not designed to run on.
- Carry around an adapter so that I can run my Zebralight on an inferior battery.
For me it would just be poor planning. It would make more sense for me to carry a spare LSD NiMH or lithium primary. That said in an emergency I would find a way to make due with what I had. I don't think Macgyver brought a pen and chewing gum with him so that he could use them to defuse a nuclear bomb if he needed to. I think he used what was around him to improvise.

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ask Zebralight to make you an AAA light if you want to use AAA batteries. I will start. Zebralight, please make me an AAA light.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are thought out front lumen or emitter? I remembered seeing the spec. on H30, it claimed out-the-front lumen.

Are those runtime included moon mode or flat regulation?

I am not familiar with headlamps. Sorry if it already been discussed.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened

What's a zebralight? :poke:

a brand of light that shines at right-angles? :sweat:

--------------

well, at least AAA cells can fit into an AA cell light, but not the other way round.

--------------

and to answer Cave Dave's question why it cost $10 more? sorry for not doing so earlier... :sweat:

my answer : maybe because owners who regularly use the 501 will save alot more with AA batteries. :party:

zossima

Newly Enlightened

I know zebralight has promised warmer tints before, but I received this reponse today:

Yes, we will offer Q3-5A versions of all our current models as well as the new H501.
However, the Q3-5A LEDs are in short supply.

Best regards,

Lillian Xu
ZebraLight

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know zebralight has promised warmer tints before, but I received this reponse today:

Yes, we will offer Q3-5A versions of all our current models as well as the new H501.
However, the Q3-5A LEDs are in short supply.

Best regards,

Lillian Xu
ZebraLight

no! i'll wait i guess too. warm weather is still a couple months.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

Oh God now there is a warm tint LED in the mix. How the heck can I make up my mind. How long can I stand this without just spending more money.

nzbazza

Enlightened

...mmmm...warm tints...mmmm...:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I used to be indecisive about which Zebralight buy, now I'm not so sure...

moses

Enlightened

Anyone know if 4sevens will carry this? When?

thanks,
Mo

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh God now there is a warm tint LED in the mix. How the heck can I make up my mind. How long can I stand this without just spending more money.

I was very excited for about 20sec. ... Unfortunately they are not available, just a statement that they will be at some time in the future, and by then plans could have changed. It would have been smart of them to offer the new 501 with a warm option, and worry about getting enough LEDs for the other models later. I'd get a 501 in a second if they offered a Q3-5A emitter option.

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened

Anyone here having an ordinary H501? Is it cold in the tint?

I like my H50 but it is too wide angle of the light, want a more focued (but still wide) beam. Hoping for the H501 to be available again.

Shorty66

Enlightened

The h501 is still in production and nobody owns a h501 yet. It says "sold out" on their site though any have been sold yet.
It should be "soon avaible" or somethiong like that.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

I was very excited for about 20sec. ... Unfortunately they are not available, just a statement that they will be at some time in the future, and by then plans could have changed. It would have been smart of them to offer the new 501 with a warm option, and worry about getting enough LEDs for the other models later. I'd get a 501 in a second if they offered a Q3-5A emitter option.

Yea I may end up getting the Q5 anyways once some reviews are out.

Shorty.

It says out of stock however was never in stock.

Sadsack

Newly Enlightened

+1 on the Q3-5A. Can always hope:wave:

DevL

Newly Enlightened

Hope ZEBRALIGHT add strobe mode to H501

Why? How exactly would you use that on a headlamp? If they added strobe I would not want one, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.