Zebralight H51

qtaco

Newly Enlightened
Re: Zebralight H51 details/preorder!!!

My last order from them shipped from their asia office (it's closer to Australia and cheaper for them to send it that way). Perhaps that's why mine was posted earlier.

Shorty66

Enlightened

I have finally recieved my tracking number.
I can´t seem to remember where to enter the tracking# to track my package. What website is used for airmail tracking?

Ian2381

Enlightened

Status of mine is now shipping.:naughty:

Now I think this will be my primary light on my upcoming trip.:thumbsup:

qtaco

Newly Enlightened

My H51 including clip just arrived (straight from China as I suspected, and hence why I got it before my American/Northern Hemisphere friends above). The light itself is beautiful, a perfect combination of function, form and UI.

The clip is fine, although it must be pushed onto one of the ridges of the thinnest part of the main tube to feel like it won't turn easily. There was no "GITD silicone holder" as advertised, however I already have three spares from a H50 I purchased years ago, so no drama.

It is quite a heavier duty design then the H50 I have, which surprised me a little. I guess the head had to be a certain size to accommodate the reflector + heat-sink, and making the body really thin and streamlined like the H50 would have left it looking unbalanced.

One last thing, it is stunningly bright, even during day time. I can't wait to try it out tonight. :thumbsup:

Ian2381

Enlightened

My H51 including clip just arrived (straight from China as I suspected, and hence why I got it before my American/Northern Hemisphere friends above). The light itself is beautiful, a perfect combination of function, form and UI.

The clip is fine, although it must be pushed onto one of the ridges of the thinnest part of the main tube to feel like it won't turn easily. There was no "GITD silicone holder" as advertised, however I already have three spares from a H50 I purchased years ago, so no drama.

It is quite a heavier duty design then the H50 I have, which surprised me a little. I guess the head had to be a certain size to accommodate the reflector + heat-sink, and making the body really thin and streamlined like the H50 would have left it looking unbalanced.

One last thing, it is stunningly bright, even during day time. I can't wait to try it out tonight. :thumbsup:

Beamshots...:drool:

qtaco

Newly Enlightened

I'm afraid making beamshots that actually communicated the beam profile would take more skill or time or both then I currently posses.

Shorty66

Enlightened

Mine just came in too :)
It`s a lot bigger than i thought, yet not bulky. Its still a small flashlight for the battery but its about half way in size between my h501 and my h60.
p1030719a.jpg

Beamshots will follow when i have my batterys charged (didn`t expect the light that fast).

Comparison beamshots H501/H51:

All Beamshots f2.8, distance to wall: 20cm.
Left: 1/100s Right: 1/50s

High/H1

Medium/M1

Low/L1
l2850.th.jpg

The sidespill of the H51 on H2 Mode is quite similar in Brightness to the H501 on High:
h22850.jpg

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good stuff!!!

The tint of the H51 seems blue next the H501. Please tell me that's not so.

Shorty66

Enlightened

The tint IS blue in comparison to my slightly red H501. To my eyes, the h51 tint is about perfect and far from the blue you know from other LED lights.
I will post a Beamshot with my h60 wich is a little less red than my H501.

H60/H51 H1 (190/200lm)
h60h228100.jpg

H60/H51 H2 (110/100lm)
h60h128100.jpg

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess I will have to take your word that it's not blue. That's one bright light. Any testing done on up-close use with and without diffuser?

Mikellen

Enlightened

Is the beam shape and spread of the H51 similar to a Quark with the XPG LED? Or is it more floody?
I'm just wondering if the H51 has more of a traditional XPG flashlight beam rather than a floody beam that Zebralight is originally noted for.

Thanks.

spinkid

Newly Enlightened

Just got mine this afternoon. Much larger than expected, but not too large. I can't wait to give this a run this evening! Mine actually came with the black holder and the GID holder as well as the clip. I hope they are all coming this way.

Shorty66

Enlightened

I didn`t have any suitable diffusor nearby yet. I should have a petzl tikka xp diffusor plate avaible tomorrow though.

The h51 is indeed a lot bigger than expected. I somehow expected it to be just a h501 with reflector but the h501 looks skinny in face of the h51.

I also have to add, that i used standard alkalines for all the beamshots above and that the differenrce between the two high-modes is really small - i think that might be due to the alkalines - have to test eneloops soon.

Last edited:

AZLight

Newly Enlightened

Just got both the SC60 and the H51 on Saturday. Zebra light shipped it from Hong Kong to Texas then to me. This Wednesday I am going to Hong Kong and I will take both lights with me. The irony.....

righttoown

Newly Enlightened

I order one from flashlightsNgear on 9/11 and he said they would be in stock on Wed the 13. With the CPF forum discount (CPF2010) it was $57.16 shipped.

workingmids

Newly Enlightened

Recieved mine today; Shorty66 pictorial overview is quite helpful. I won't have a chance to take it into the woods for a few weeks, but the brief inhouse test contrasting between a Saint minimus and the 501w were interesting... a good deal more throw that the Saint with roughly the same weight (?) but not platform distribution of the Saint, making it seem a bit heavy for anything more than walking speed. A little bigger and heavier than expected but the output more than makes up for it, making it better suited for its intended purchase, hiking and cycling.

kkeyser

Newly Enlightened

Received mine yesterday and from my brief usage, it seems it is everything as advertised. I have to say I am extremely pleased with it so far.

I also noticed they are already on backorder, so I am even that much happier I ordered when I did.