Zebralight H600 Mark II coming August 2013!!!

pobox1475

Enlightened
When it's that cold I just use an old Gatorade bottle, or in a pinch a Nalgene. That, you can do without any light.
:twothumbs

See you points now about the low low settings.

Having a choice of 150 lm medium in addition to a 65 and 30 setting could possible satisfy a lot of users.

Last edited:

d1337

Enlightened
When it's that cold I just use an old Gatorade bottle, or in a pinch a Nalgene. That, you can do without any light.
You still need enough light to make sure that you are using your friends Nalgene and not your own.

firemedic

Newly Enlightened
Another idea would have been to elimate "or hide" those 99% useless flashing/strobe modes and have a turbo T1/2, High H1/2, Medium M1/2, and LOW L1/2. A 1020 lumen headlamp is a overkill, i dont use my h600w for a headlamp, but it is a nice option to have. My h600w is my pocket EDC light, and the h502c is the headlamp because its so small and light. I also adapted a pocket clip from another light to fit my h600w which is perfect since it gets so hot on extended hight output situations. Everyone is allways amazed at how much light this little h600w puts out. I'm now telling them my pre-ordered brighter model is on the way. :rock:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
So with the specs and pics on the site of this, can anyone determine if it has the hard to press button like it's predecessor or the truly soft touch switch of the other lights like the H51, H502? Both the Mark I and Mark II of this light call the switch a:
  • Electronic soft-touch switch

The description of the H31s and H51s also calls the switch a "electronic soft touch" switch.

I have heard the Mark I switches are VERY stiff and finger numbing but not having owned a H600 before, I have no first hand knowledge of if this is true. I surely hope not or that the Mark II goes back to the truly soft type switch like every other headlamp they have made besides the H600.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened
I have the H600 which I bought just a few months ago and the button isn't at all hard to press. In contrast the Armytek Pro I recently bought is extremely hard to press/finger numbing (and most find it to be very stiff to extremely hard). I've only read a few complaints that the H600 is hard to press; most find it easy with just a perfect light stiffness. I think those few H600's that were extremely stiff were defective (whereas on the Armytek Pro it's the norm).

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I have 2 Armyteks and absolutely hate those types of buttons. Makes no sense when the recessed style on the Zebralights are

P E R F E C T ! ! ! !

Last edited:

MattSPL

Enlightened
How hard are the Armytek buttons to press, say compared to an sc52? I just ordered a Wizard pro.
I might have to order a cool white H600 or 602 when they are released.

firemedic

Newly Enlightened
My h600w and h502c buttons feel the same. Both are easy with a positive click. The only difference are the markings on the soft rubber button itself. H600w has a power symbol and the h502c has a ring of raised bumps. Both are easy and function perfect.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's weird as some joker wrote in either a Zebralight or Armytek thread about the very stiff buttons of the H600 and the SC52. The SC52 button looks closer to the H600 but I have no idea if it is the same button or different still?

My h600w and h502c buttons feel the same. Both are easy with a positive click. The only difference are the markings on the soft rubber button itself. H600w has a power symbol and the h502c has a ring of raised bumps. Both are easy and function perfect.

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened
Again, as far as the h600 was concerned there were only rare problems out of the box with stiff buttons. However, one person who used their H600 on regular basis for a year mentioned that severe button problems developed, and it appeared that the buttons eventually wear out and develop problems.

varanisko

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am expecting H600 mk II in next few days. It has been sent to me last week and according to tracking, it is already in my country(CZ). I will make then short comparison to H600 which I already have. Nazdar

markr6

Flashaholic
I miss the H51 style button when using my H600. I wouldn't call it hard to press, but certainly not as easy. With the H51, I can literally just use the tip of a winter glove to change modes, not even making contact with my finger. The newer (H600 style) buttons are half the size, or smaller, and require more pressure. You need to get the tip of your finger into the recess and then give it a good push. Nice for preventing accidental activation, but not so friendly when changing modes. I would take the rick accidental activation over a hard, recessed button since you can easily lock it out with the tailcap if it's that big of an issue.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping for the same button as the old H600. I carry the H600 in my pocket some and carry it in my backpack regularly when camping, and love that it won't accidentally get activated. I have always viewed the H51 soft button as a flaw. My worry was always that I put it in my pocket or in my pack and run the battery dry without knowing it's on. Then need it, only to find that the battery is dead. I know it can be locked out by twisting the tail, but there have been several times when I forgot to lock it only to discover that its sitting there unattended & running wide open. Not good, and this was a major major complaint about the SC and the H series of zebralights for a long time.

I was really dissapointed when I ordered the H502w and the switch was the soft type switch. I hope that doesn't happend with the H600w MkII or the new H52w.

markr6

Flashaholic
I never thought to look at the photo for some reason. On the ZL website, it looks like they've continued use of the hard button like the H600. Not a deal breaker, just something for me to get used to. Sincle I already have the H600 and SC52, I'm used to the smaller switch and having to use 2 hands (or stretch one) to operate the headlamp.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
so is it a hard button or not? Seeing contradictory statements here again.

Good thinkin, and I think you're right. It does look like they are using the hard button.

firemedic said:

markr6

Flashaholic
Well we won't know for sure yet, but from my experience and the photo this will be a small, hard button.

Based on what own/owned:

Soft, large button with bumps ~ 1/2" diameter (makes a click sound) = H51, H51w, H502
Hard, small button with power symbol ~ 5/16" diameter = H600w, SC52

The latter is Zebralight's new style, so I'm sure every light from now on will be like this. Pros and cons for each, but I prefer the old button. And I'm totally guessing on these diameters; just going by memory since I don't have them with me.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
firemedic said the buttons are the same and the only difference is the older ones have the little raised bumps and the H600 has the power symbol, but beside that difference, everything about them is the same. What do you say to that?

markr6

Flashaholic
What do you say to that?

I say SON OF A BEACH! I want my old button back. Beggers can't be choosers, so I'll take whatever ZL dishes out. Only time will tell for sure so I guess I also say "we'll know for sure in a few weeks".