ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened
I have been waiting anxiously for the H600w mkII. Giddy almost. 18650 runtimes, 4400K color, Zebralight UI. Drooling I tell ya. My Spark ST6-460NW is okay. The switch is quirky. Not in love like the ZL's
Today it's on ZL's webpage and buzzkill. :scowl:
Med1=65 lumens. High2=330 lumens.
what the H, E, double hockey sticks?

After a few years of working in attics, crawlspaces and audio-video racks seeing small color coded stuff at an arm's length, below 75 lumens gives me eye fatigue trying to make out the details. And above 200 lumens too much glare.
I constantly toggle between 115 lumens and 172 lumens on my H51Fw depending on the task, with the only complaint being runtime.

Maybe I'm just odd-man out with my needs as everyone seems to be chasing the lumens.
Highest high and lowest low is great bragging but 75 to 175 has been the majority of my up-close work.
Distinguishing between shades of green and blue, and orange and brown matters.
I love being hands-free to work. Being in dirty, sometimes wet, places 8 to 20 feet in the air changing batteries less often is a good thing.
And being able to stay in place longer to finish the job matters.

Guess I'll cross my fingers on the H52w lumens and learn to live with the runtimes. Then again, I have my Spark and my H51Fw still works just fine.
I agree a good range of options is important. There are many like you who are unhappy with the loss of this middle setting on these 3 new H60*'s. On a couple other threads here they are suggesting people contact Zebralight asking for a revision to include the omitted middle setting.

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Back from holidays in Thailand, during our stay we had to use (my gf and I) our ZL headlamps during a major thunderstorm and torrential rain.
After 15 mins running under the rain (more than if I was taking a shower).

Back to our room and looking carefully I saw some moist condesation INSIDE the lens.

Very surprise by this lack of waterproof resistance...checked out but the O-ring was properly sealed with silicon grease...

Did anyone experienced waterproof weakness of SL headlamps ?

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened
I remember there being a discussion of this problem in an early run of H600's and a suggestion that they be immersed as soon as received so they could be sent back and exchanged (with a US dealer) if it leaked.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did anyone experienced waterproof weakness of SL headlamps ?

Once I was surprised by a storm and had to walk about an hour in the rain.
My H600 has behaved very well no problem of water infiltration.

Translated with Google

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Hey guys so my H600 crapped on me. It is dead. It is well out of warranty.

Can I send this to ZL for repair?

If yes, how much will it cost to fix?

Thanks!

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
They fixed my H501w when it was out of warranty period with no charge, I'm sure they'll do it for a small fee at most if you pay shipping. Turnaround can be a few months, but worth the wait.

I have seen a number of earlier reports on water ingress inside the head of the H600.

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened
I agree a good range of options is important. There are many like you who are unhappy with the loss of this middle setting on these 3 new H60*'s. On a couple other threads here they are suggesting people contact Zebralight asking for a revision to include the omitted middle setting.
ZL just got back to me: "We have just added a 150Lm level in between the 330 and 65."

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Hey guys so my H600 crapped on me. It is dead. It is well out of warranty.

Can I send this to ZL for repair?

If yes, how much will it cost to fix?

Thanks!

Pay for shipping back to them. They will fix for free but will take about 3 months though.

Sent from my Note 10.1 somewhere deep in a hidden lair.

CarvingEnsos

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I was hoping someone could snap a pic for me.. looking for a size comparison between the h502 and h600. I have a h502c right now and im seriously lusting over the h600w. Seems silly because my zl is my first and only proper light. I feel like I should be exploring other brands instead.

mab13

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I was hoping someone could snap a pic for me.. looking for a size comparison between the h502 and h600. I have a h502c right now and im seriously lusting over the h600w. Seems silly because my zl is my first and only proper light. I feel like I should be exploring other brands instead.

Hi there.

This thread relates to the now discontinued H600 Mki; you may wish to make your way over the H600 Mkii thread. :)

antoninodattola

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys! if you're curious, here I made a video on modding the H600 MKI;)
I changed the led with a XM-T2 L2 8b4;)

;)

Last edited:

burntoshine

Enlightened
Hey, has anyone found a good way to mount the H600 to a gopro hero3 camera?? I was messing around with zipties and here's what I came up with so far..

DSC02004_zps89497506.jpg

DSC02007_zpsed30c45a.jpg

DSC02005_zpsc496a179.jpg

It seems to work pretty well. The rubber holder covering the capture button doesn't appear to be an issue. The holder is not pressing down on the button at all and I use the wi-fi remote capture button, anyway. However, adding the light to the top seems to make the whole thing a bit more top heavy. It might still perform okay, though. I have yet to do any real testing, other than running and jumping around with it on my head. I did experiment with it connected to the bottom of the camera with a zip-tie (pictured below), but I need it to be more secure.

DSC02001_zpsd0921848.jpg

I don't do as many night rides as I used to, since I moved. There are some really awesome secluded spots near where I used to live. Now I have to use my dang car to get back there. I'm trying to come up with a way to use both the camera and light for fire season. I'll post whatever setup I end up using; and I'll post the video(s).

Please let me know if you have come up with a good setup for this. I want to use the gopro headstrap mount, not handlebar mounting, so the light needs to also be on the head. I have tried just strapping my newer H600w mkII (has center strap) over my head and over the gopro strap, but it feels like the light might wiggle off, given enough jostling. It sits a bit off-center because it can't sit right behind the camera and still provide light straight ahead, but you can still aim it just where you want. I might look into using the regular H600w strap (no center strap) and see if that might stay better.

Here's a video of my fire spot (there's a short snippet of video with me donning the H600w):

I plan to make a video of my ride through the woods and to my fire spot this autumn.

markr6

Flashaholic
Here's a video of my fire spot (there's a short snippet of video with me donning the H600w):

I plan to make a video of my ride through the woods and to my fire spot this autumn.

Nice! I'm a big pyro and always enjoy a good fire spot. Reminds me of a place I visit often in southern Indiana.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm heading out for the JMT - just doing half of it (110mi ) next week.
Two of us have H600Ws
I was gonna bring a small thrower for fun but probs not gonna bother with the extra weight.
I'll bring an extra cell even tho I doubt I'll need it.
The runtimes on mixed use with mostly med are more than enough for a week.

I've got mine on a piece of shock cord & toggle so it can be a neck light or headlamp.
It's a tad lighter than the head strap as well.
Bounces a little bit if I'm jogging but fine for hiking.

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Notes From the Trail:

8days/nights on the trail &120+ miles & another night car camping all on a single 18650.

Still was showing 3flashes on the indicator. I should've taken a voltage reading with my dmm but forgot.
Cell used was a raw Panasonic NCR18650PF

My friendsdid the whole trip on single cells too. One using an H600W MKII L2 like mine & another using my vintage H60W.
We didn't conserve or even worry about modes - I had a couple of spare cells :)

I ended up using the 2 spare cells to charge our iPhones with my Miller USB charger which has been on quite a few backpacking trips now.

Good stuff - my only complaint is that I wish the tint was a bit warmer & closer to the old school H60W.

We even saw a couple of days of rain & some hail as well as major altitude changes up to 14500 on mt Whitney.
I had my light in the mesh outer pocket I my backpack getting wet etc.
No problems so far!
For the weight and size I can't imagine a better light for backpacking period.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
For the weight and size I can't imagine a better light for backpacking period.

Enough said! It's the only light I take backpacking anymore, other than a backup Photon II for emergencies.

Thanks for the pics...can't wait to get back out into the woods this fall!