Zebralight H600F and H600Fw (Projected Shipping March 30, 2012) -- Photos Added

aquaholik

Newly Enlightened
It won't work. I can set H2 to 420lm(after series of double clicks) and turn off the light. The next time I turn it on, it goes in to H2(420lm) automatically. Which is fine but a double click will send it to H1(750/420lm). Now if I set H2 to 270lm and then turn off the light, the next time it comes on, it goes in to H2(270lm) automatically and a double click sends it to H1 which of course is 750/420lm(420lm after three minutes). I can't easily switch between 270 and 420 lm but I can start the light off with lots of double clicks to get it to stay at 270lm then start shrimping. If I want to go 420lm then I can just double click. To get back to 270lm, I would double click(1-strobe, 2-170lm, 3-270lm). It will skip the turbo mode AS LONG AS I DO NOT TURN OFF THE LIGHT. Turning the light off would set the H2 to whatever lm setting I have and a double click would switch between that and 750lm/420lm turbo mode.

BTW I compare the beam shot to my 20 watts 24 degree and 20 watts 36 degree MR16 12 volt halogen lamp. At the 270lm the brightness is very comparable to the 36 degree MR16 but not quite as bright as the 24 degree BUT, believe it or not, the H600 spills a bit more than the 24 degree halogen beam. At 420lm, it easily outshines both MR16 20 watts halogen lamp. The Zebralight H600 does not throw no where as far as the Fenix HP11 but the range and brightness and hot spot of the H600 is perfect for shrimping. I can easily focus at the shrimp around my feet and easily search for shrimps 8-15ft away. With the Fenix HP11, I can't take quick glance like I could with the H600 since the beam is so concentrated. The H600 allows me to effortlessly scan the 180 degrees in front of me effortlessly since the hot spot and spill easily covers a 60 degree area. I don't have to scan for shrimp. They just pop up in the light.

I didn't purposely run it down to test run time but since each shrimping trip last 2-4 hours, I can easily find out if the the specs are correct. I am going to run it at 420lm and see when it starts to step down since I will be carrying a spare battery.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm quoting the following from another H600 thread (ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm).

Looks like several of the model H600Fw have a "loose" something or other in the head area. I suspect it's the reflector (but I don't know that for sure....just guessing). Mine is that way, too.

I got my H600wf today, but I have to return it. There's a loud rattle coming from inside the sealed head. Dang.

If you've gotten your replacement yet, is it free of the rattle? I happened to get an H600Fw today and there's definitely something loose bumping around inside the head. Maybe it's the same one you just returned :) Seems to work fine though...

The frosted front lens does help to smooth out the color shift between the hotspot and the outer edge of the beam, so I'm happy with it except for that worrisome rattle.

Well, hell! I've had my H600Fw for a couple of weeks now, and it's got something loose (rattling) in the head area, too. I guess I've never just shaken it around before. If I shake it, I hear a rattle. If I place a finger on the lens and shake it, I hear no rattle. Could it be the reflector? I don't think the lens is moving, but if I press on the lens, no rattle.

Vernon

Enlightened
I'm expecting my replacement this weekend, so I'll let you know if the issue is resolved, for sure.

Vernon

Enlightened
I'm expecting my replacement this weekend, so I'll let you know if the issue is resolved, for sure.

So, I got my replacement yesterday. However, it's the wrong one! What the heck, ZL? Three weeks of delays and $14 extra cost for shipping these lights back? Frustrating.

Vernon

Enlightened
Vernon, what did they do -- send you the H600F instead of the H600Fw?

They sent the non- flood version of the H600w. I've sent two emails and still haven't gotten a response. Oh well, I'll wait patiently.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm. Maybe all the H600Fw have loose reflectors (or whatever the rattling noise is), so they didn't have a non-rattler to send you. In any case, it seems pretty odd that they'd send you the wrong lamp. :duh2:

Vernon

Enlightened
Got a reply today, and we're going to try this again. I should be getting a H600Fw over the next week!

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vernon, did they mention anything about the loose "thing" in the head and what it might be? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Vernon. Just so that folks will know in this thread, you got your new replacement from Zebralight and no problems with it? Just making sure that a "non rattling" H600Fw was sent to you.

ostrograd

Newly Enlightened
An update on my light (one of the rattlers). I returned it to ZL and asked them to exchange it for one that didn't rattle. I received the replacement a couple days ago. It's completely rattle free and has a lovely tint to boot, virtually no sign of that nasty greenish-yellow hotspot so common particularly on XM-L lights. It took awhile, but I finally got something I'm completely happy with.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kind of bummed out right now about dealing with the loose thing in the head of my H600Fw. I contacted ZebraLight about it (the Irving Texas office -- I'm in the Houston Texas area). Apparently since I didn't discover the problem until I had the light over a certain amount of time (I think the cut-off must be 30 days), they've instructed me to return it to China for replacement.

Given that it takes at most 1 to 2 days to send something from Houston Texas to Irving Texas, it would seem to make much more sense for me to be able to send the light to the same address from which it was sent to me. If I actually have to go through sending it to China for replacement (given both the expense and time involved), I'm going to be a bit displeased by ZL customer service.

I sent them a note with my thoughts on this and it will be interesting to see what kind of response I get.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yah- when/if I buy another Zebra I'm either buying off of B/S/T or through a vendor.

ie. GG or IG etc.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kind of bummed out right now about dealing with the loose thing in the head of my H600Fw. I contacted ZebraLight about it (the Irving Texas office -- I'm in the Houston Texas area). Apparently since I didn't discover the problem until I had the light over a certain amount of time (I think the cut-off must be 30 days), they've instructed me to return it to China for replacement.

Given that it takes at most 1 to 2 days to send something from Houston Texas to Irving Texas, it would seem to make much more sense for me to be able to send the light to the same address from which it was sent to me. If I actually have to go through sending it to China for replacement (given both the expense and time involved), I'm going to be a bit displeased by ZL customer service.

I sent them a note with my thoughts on this and it will be interesting to see what kind of response I get.

Thankfully, after reviewing my purchase information, ZL Customer Service has instructed me to return the headlamp to the Irving Texas office.

That's quite a relief. Spending less than $5 USD to insure and ship the lamp in for replacement (within my own state) beats the heck out of the thought of sending it to the opposite side of the world. Kudos to ZL in Irving for making this easy on me.

Last edited:

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my replacement back a couple of days ago. It works great and no "rattle" coming from it at all.

ZebraLight customer service even sent me a new box with extra parts in it (extra headband and silicon holder and a couple of spare o-rings).

Andres

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these for a 100km trailwalk event coming up. Loved it so much I bought two more for my team mates. Took them for walk tonight with my Mrs and found that we would run at 220Lm (H2) or 53Lm (M1) depending if we were leading or following - walking single file.

The spread is very nice - I can hold my head still and none of my peripheral vision is in darkness, with a barely noticeable hot-spot. No need to move my head to see where I'm going any more than I would in daylight. Granted, the throw is quite short, maybe 7-10m of decent lighting, but for trailWALKING it's perfect at 220Lm.

As a side note, after I ordered the first one, I wanted to order two more, but found the Zebralight website was showing 'back order'. I contacted customer support saying I was desperate to get two prior to my event and they found a couple extra in their factory to send straight away. Great stuff! (And no rattly heads in any of the three received).

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good post, Andres. I particularly like the description of use when doing the single file walking with the leader's lamp on a higher setting than those following. That makes a lot of sense both from the effective use of light and conservation of power/run time.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I just last week I received my new H600 Cree XM-L 750Lm Headlamp. Since I do my patrols now on my bicycle at my part time security gig I wanted to keep my hands free and utilizing a head lamp was the way to go. This light ROCKS! I never realized how quality made Zebralights are and now I know. Heard only good things about them and now I want a hand held flashlight to add to my collection. Too bad there isn't a pocket clip for the high output hand held lights as I would like to have that option. The head band for the H600 is comfortable and easily adjusted. I usually have a cap on so I have no problems with the light slipping down my head.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad there isn't a pocket clip for the high output hand held lights as I would like to have that option.

I might not be interpreting your statement correctly, but there are quite a few high output hand held flashlights that have pocket clip options and others that rest in compact belt holsters that would be very appropriate for patrol (or other) use. This isn't really the thread to discuss those without going pretty far off topic, but there are certainly options available. I'd look at something that runs on one or two 18650 batteries so that both your H600 and hand held flashlight could use the same batteries.