Zebralight H600F and H600Fw (Projected Shipping March 30, 2012) -- Photos Added

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I might not be interpreting your statement correctly, but there are quite a few high output hand held flashlights that have pocket clip options and others that rest in compact belt holsters that would be very appropriate for patrol (or other) use. This isn't really the thread to discuss those without going pretty far off topic, but there are certainly options available. I'd look at something that runs on one or two 18650 batteries so that both your H600 and hand held flashlight could use the same batteries.

My apologies as what meant was that the Zebralight handheld high output lights didn't look like they have an optional pocket clip. I do have a Jetbeam RRT-0 that has an aftermarket titanium pocket clip.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ZebraLight SC600 (ZebraLight's current most powerful handheld, I believe) has a pocket clip...and I think all their other available handhelds do as well...but even the SC600 has pretty much the same output and very similar beam profile to the H600. I'd probably want a bit more of a thrower to complement the H600 rather than a handheld that had such similar performance to the H600. Just putting that out there for consideration.

Last edited:

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Hi varucelli. Could you recommend a light that takes the 18650 cell and has lots of throw? I really would appreciate it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi varucelli. Could you recommend a light that takes the 18650 cell and has lots of throw? I really would appreciate it.

I'm not sure I'd be the best person to make the recommendation, but a LOT depends on whether you want a flashlight that runs on only one 18650 battery (obviously more compact) or perhaps two or more batteries.

There are several threads where comparisons are made between single 18650 lights and others. We might be able to point you in the right direction if you could narrow your requirements to single or multiple 18650 powered.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a single cell torch. I like the Jetbeam RRT-0 but of course it takes RCR123 cells. Zebralight is the nicest UI I've come across. Tail end clicky is good and rotary controls are what I'm used to. I'm okay with prices just as long they are not too ridiculously expensive like hundreds of $$$:eek:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a single cell torch. I like the Jetbeam RRT-0 but of course it takes RCR123 cells. Zebralight is the nicest UI I've come across. Tail end clicky is good and rotary controls are what I'm used to. I'm okay with prices just as long they are not too ridiculously expensive like hundreds of $$$:eek:

You should look at the Sparks then. Very similar design, construction, and UI to the Zebralights. They make 1xAA and 1x18650 models just as Zebra does. I like the body design of the Sparks better, but the UI and levels on the Zebras is better.

Still, I've been very happy with my neutral AA Spark headlamp. I keep it in my desk drawer for general use around the house. I keep my H51Fw in my hiking pack as the Spark doesn't have a sub-lumen mode that I need for a lot of outdoors activities.

Last edited:

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
mauiblue, a good place to take a look at solid reviews of a bunch of 1x18650 flashlights is where selfbuilt lists his entire set of reviews. Search "1x18650" on the following page and take a look through his reviews:

http://flashlightreviews.ca/

I thought there was a 1x18650 flashlight "shootout" thread somewhere, but one of the problems is some of these threads become outdated with the introduction of new lights. Maybe someone else can point to a recent comparison thread for 1x18650 flashlights.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both Eagletac and Redilast 3100 mAH button tops work in my H600 and SC600 fine.
The AW flat tops work fine in both too...

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Just to add that the Ultrafire red label 2600mah cells are a very snug fit in the H600. I almost couldn't get the cell out.