Zebralight is going to come out with flashlights! part 2

Mostly

Newly Enlightened
Thanks FroggyTaco! I didn't expect a photo!

You could also do that in front of a mirror... :)

A visible strobe effect could have proven my half-baked theory, but I'm happy to leave it unproven since it means there's no visible strobe effect. The main thing is that if moon mode is pwm, it seems rapid enough to be unnoticeable and plenty good enough to read by. :thumbsup:

chaoss

Enlightened
Well i gave in and ordered a neutral tinted SC30w :thumbsup:.
I have to have an uber low, tailstandability and carry clip so this one may very well work out nicely.

Thanks for all of the detailed info guys.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to bother, but what is the discount code for these?

I am not aware of one. I ordered from Zebralight directly for the lowest price & free shipping. $59.00 to my door 2 days after I ordered Texas to Ca seems like a pretty decent deal for what these lights offer.

Misan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Mostly & FroggyTaco for explanation. lovecpf
BTW, UI in SC30 satisfied me completely. I so happy that this device without SOS, strob and other flashing. :twothumbs

ky70

Banned
I am not aware of one. I ordered from Zebralight directly for the lowest price & free shipping. $59.00 to my door 2 days after I ordered Texas to Ca seems like a pretty decent deal for what these lights offer.

I believe illuminationgear.com would be the cheapest as they have the same prices with free shipping (same day shipping) but with a discount on top. Look for illuminationgear.com over in the vendor discount thread over in the marketplace forum for details (I would put a link here but I'm posting from my phone and can't bounce around as easily).

I ordered my Eagletac t100c2 from there last month and I received the light in 3 days and communication was great.

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm waiting for the S5200 2AA light to come out. First they said May-June, then June, now TBD. Hopefully they'll be making it before the year's out.

For those who have a SC30 or SC50:

1) do you have any problems getting Lo right from the start?
2) Any problems wirh sharp edges around the switch?

Misan

Newly Enlightened
For those who have a SC30:

1) No any problems.

2) Look at the foto:

14248496n.jpg

14248498n.jpg

ky70

Banned
I'm torn between the SC50 and the H31.

Why I favor the SC50 over H31:
* Throwier beam
* Works on AAs (easy to find anywhere)
* Solid Clip (pocket carry is my favorite mode of transport)
* I actually like the strobe option in high mode when powered by a 14500
* Is available now (I'm so impatient and want to order my light tomorrow and have it by Tuesday/Wednesday)

Why I favor the H31 over SC50:
* Latest emitter with more lumens
* Versatility...can be worn around the neck or pocket/shirt clipped with removable clip (and can be used functionally in the different carrying positions)
* 2.57 inches long (I love em short and this one is only .27 inches/6.58mm longer than the Quark mini 123)
* I have RCR123s just sitting waiting for a flashlight to inhabit

While I know the CPF solution is to "get both", I really don't need/want 2 lights right now, so I basically don't know which 1 to buy.:confused:

Last edited:

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Misan.

I notices there is a gab between the switch and the body, how water/weather proof is it?

I just looked at my SC50 & that is not a gap. The aluminum part is elliptical & the switch is round. What you are seeing is actually a shadow that makes that area darker so it loos like a gap.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy both, decide which one is better for you, & sell the other one for a $5.00-$8.00 "loss". Consider it an investment in light satisfaction.

Travis

* Throwier beam
* Is available now (I'm so impatient and want to order my light tomorrow and have it by Tuesday/Wednesday)

* Versatility...can be worn around the neck or pocket/shirt clipped with removable clip (and can be used functionally in the different carrying positions)
* 2.57 inches long (I love em short and this one is only .27 inches/6.58mm longer than the Quark mini 123)

While I know the CPF solution is to "get both", I really don't need/want 2 lights right now, so I basically don't know which 1 to buy.:confused:

ky70

Banned
Buy both, decide which one is better for you, & sell the other one for a $5.00-$8.00 "loss". Consider it an investment in light satisfaction.

Travis

You, my friend, have made an excellent suggestion. Though I am concerned that if I get both of those pocket sunshine goodies in my hand, I'll be keeping both.

Last edited:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm waiting for the S5200 2AA light to come out. First they said May-June, then June, now TBD. Hopefully they'll be making it before the year's out.

For those who have a SC30 or SC50:

1. As long as you remember to hold down the switch long enough there's no issue with accessing low mode directly. I can also confirm that my light has saved itself in the lowest mode on 'low mode' even after battery change. Forget to hold it down for the full second (or whatever it is) and you'll be greeted with max :D

2. As far as I know the only thing closest to a sharp edge in the switch area is the edge of the light's olive drab anodizing.

ky70

Banned

* Throwier beam

Travis

So I ordered the SC50 today from illuminationgear.com (my flashlight willpower is so weak). And I'll likely be unable to resist the H31 when that becomes available...after all, I do still have a spot in my rotation for a light running on a cr/rcr123 (my batteries need another "home").:D

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to misan and swxb12 for your reassurances.
One more question: does ZL update emitters for particular models or do they typically stay with whatever emitter they started with for that model?

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to misan and swxb12 for your reassurances.
One more question: does ZL update emitters for particular models or do they typically stay with whatever emitter they started with for that model?

As far as I know they typically stick with the specific emitter for a model. The only exceptions being a neutral white option offered along with the standard emitter. (edit: That's still sort of sticking with original emitters, I guess.)

Also, my original H50 headlamp was a Cree P4 but it was introduced and sold at the same time as the Q5 version with higher lumens.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, thanks. just wondering about the XP-E vs XP-G thing. No big difference but just wondering.

ky70

Banned
So I ordered the SC50 today from illuminationgear.com (my flashlight willpower is so weak). And I'll likely be unable to resist the H31 when that becomes available...after all, I do still have a spot in my rotation for a light running on a cr/rcr123 (my batteries need another "home").:D

Wow, I got shipping info already :twothumbs