Zebralight plans MKIII's and SC63 release for this year

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Planned.. Well their CS said that too about the S6330 MKII that should come at the end of 2014. ATM they still have no idea when or if it will come. Have to see first.. ;)

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. Zebralight is infamous for delays. They are usually worth the wait, though - I am looking forward to seeing what changes/upgrades they will make.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the ZL pace, it takes a long time to have an obsolete light! The SC63 will make a nice stocking stuffer...for Christmas 2016 :)

... this. Unless Zebralight decides not to make it. Seems like half the stuff they have planned gets shelved as vaporware.

Still, I'd love to see an SC63 that had a knurled body like an SC80. Be a bit easier to grip.

markr6

Flashaholic
I'd rather see the SC63 as a thrower option to the SC62. A slightly longer body to get a nice throwy beam. Not something I need, but I think it would be a nice option.

Joys_R_us

Newly Enlightened
Yeah they really need to have both options:
1. SC600II - larger but better heat sinking for those using it on high mode longer. Plus it throws a little further.

Exactly my thoughts !!! I was walking nights at the beach at night in Thailand, watching small fishes jump in the light and crabs run away but my fingers were burning ! Better heat sink and a bit more throw !

fridgemagnet

Newly Enlightened
Better heatsink? My SC62w makes an excellent hand warmer for long walks in the coldest weather.
I take it with me for just that purpose. Of course, when you don't want that, it's a PITA.

markr6

Flashaholic
Even with two great lights like this where you're close to "having it all", it shows you that you just can't "have it all". Pick the better heat sinking of the SC600 or smaller size of the SC62. But then think about the SC600...it's still small compared to many other 1x18650 lights. It's almost like it should have ended there. "Better heat sinking" in the SC62 basically gives you the SC600. I don't really see how this can change until some radically new material is invented 100 years from now or a new LED that doesn't put out heat. The SC62 is sort of in a gray area, pushing the limit on output, runtime and size. The H1 mode is better suited for short periods of time. I find the H2 modes to be plenty anyway.

The high temp of the SC62 running is actually showing amazing heat sinking, transferring that heat to every square cm of the body. The PID makes runtime more reasonable. For the heat to go elsewhere you're basically limited to cooling it manually with air/water, or again, more heavy clinky metal on the body.

I'm guessing any updates will be cosmetic or even a tweak in the UI.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
I think I had heard they wanted to make all the levels programmable. So, instead of quick press to H1, you can do quick press to L1. I'm unsure that will be in these releases though. Major changes like that may not come for a while...

markr6

Flashaholic
I think I had heard they wanted to make all the levels programmable. So, instead of quick press to H1, you can do quick press to L1. I'm unsure that will be in these releases though. Major changes like that may not come for a while...

That would be the ultimate UI (programmable). Or even if it wasn't programmable but they switched it to a quick click to L1, I could probably get used to that too.

kj2

Flashaholic
Said that a few weeks ago. I would highly like a quick press for L1 and a long press for H1. Prevents you from blinding yourself at night ;)

markr6

Flashaholic
LOL! Well, of every single ZL owner out there since the beginning, I wonder how the split would be between those two sepcific UI options. 50/50? I know there was a lot of mention just at CPF about getting blinded so maybe a lot of others think the same way.

Personally I like it as is, but could be happy either way.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't have to blind yourself at night if you just hold the button down and let it cycle through. I find myself using the Zebralight more and more like this, and reserving the single click max brightness for emergency options when I need a lot of light instantly.

markr6

Flashaholic
You don't have to blind yourself at night if you just hold the button down and let it cycle through. I find myself using the Zebralight more and more like this, and reserving the single click max brightness for emergency options when I need a lot of light instantly.

I personally don't have a problem with it. But I think some people just can't time it right, cycling into medium (too long) or high (to short). At least that's what I got from past comments.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The current UI is great for tactical and direct low use. I use low modes every night and hardly ever have the need for tactical/emergency use. However with the way it is you have the best of both worlds. In a emergency no one wants to press and hold, double triple clicking, one foot off the ground operation. Click bam you're there. If you don't want to blind yourself cover the end of the light until you're familiar enough with the mode timing. Click/hold.:grin2: With that said being able to program it to your own specific needs would preferred. That's one thing that makes Henry's lights so great.

amanichen

Enlightened
According to email sent from ZL:

"Department: Sales

Subject: New LED's

No plans for any XHP50/70 lights. SC600/H600 Mk3, H603, and SC63 are planned for this year but I don't know the release dates.

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.
2908 Story Rd. W
Irving, TX 75038"

[/COLOR]

I am satisfied with every Zebra light I have purchased but they really need to learn how to properly announce products. Announce when the final version is actually released for production instead of relying on the vaporware spreadsheet. Don't use rumor and innuendo in emails. Put together a consistent marketing message. Hire a marketing intern or use facebook if they are concerned about the cost of a degreed marketing person in a small company.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't imagine upgrading much about my MKII h600w ...
Besides higher binned XML2s I'm not sure there's much they could do to increase output besides adding mass.

I have tons of lights but my h600w probably gets the most use and has been bulletproof so far (knock on wood)