Zebralight plans MKIII's and SC63 release for this year

mega_lumens

Enlightened
My H600F MKII is so bright that I'm embarrassed to stand out of the pack already. I'll sound like a broken record but maybe my dreams will come true in my lifetime if Zebra moves into a new category of designed lights all together like DUAL heads flood/throw, or better and more useful for outdoors a white light/color light combo type of format.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed psychbeat, I have a couple of H600FW mkl & ll versions and they are hard to beat. Many hours of use on both of them.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are actually four lights I think Zebralight should build:

1. 26650 XM-L2 light - All the goodness of the SC62, but with more runtime on higher levels.
2. 2AA light - SO many manufacturers just can't get this one right. Maybe Zebralight can.
3. 4AA light - I would SO much like a 4AA light that isn't throw-oriented, and stuck with a mandatory cool white emitter.
4. MT-G2 light - You just KNOW they could do this better than anyone else!

desmobob

Enlightened
Bob, don't worry to much. I have a ZLSC600w MkI, and it's FAR from obsolete. The really good lights, like the HC600 and SC600 series, will always be getting LED updates, but that doesn't detract one whit from the usefulness of the older models. Enjoy your new light!~

Thanks. It arrived today, and I already love it!

The current UI is great for tactical and direct low use. I use low modes every night and hardly ever have the need for tactical/emergency use. However with the way it is you have the best of both worlds. In a emergency no one wants to press and hold, double triple clicking, one foot off the ground operation. Click bam you're there. If you don't want to blind yourself cover the end of the light until you're familiar enough with the mode timing. Click/hold.:grin2: With that said being able to program it to your own specific needs would preferred. That's one thing that makes Henry's lights so great.

I received my first ZL today (H600w Mk II NW) and found it easy to turn it on in low (or medium) consistently by just holding the button. It's so quick, I would almost hesitate to describe the process as "press and hold."

I was a bit leery of how long it would take me to learn the UI, but I had my modes all programmed in no time and find the UI extremely handy.

My one hope for the MkIII version of the H600w? AN INCLUDED POCKET CLIP. :)

Take it easy,
Bob

kj2

Flashaholic

1. 26650 XM-L2 light - All the goodness of the SC62, but with more runtime on higher levels.
2. 2AA light - SO many manufacturers just can't get this one right. Maybe Zebralight can.
3. 4AA light - I would SO much like a 4AA light that isn't throw-oriented, and stuck with a mandatory cool white emitter.

+1 :)

henry1960

Enlightened
I personally don't have a problem with it. But I think some people just can't time it right, cycling into medium (too long) or high (to short). At least that's what I got from past comments.

I Do Not Have A Problem With It Either And Personally I like It This Way For Which I Use My High And Low Most Often....Medium Will Be Used On Long Uses Of The Light...

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
And to drop the black anodizing.. ;)

I have a SC600 Mk II L2, that was purchased after the switch. It is a dark green, but definitely not even close to the typical black anodizing of most lights.

Unless they switched again, of course...can you take a pic or two, if you really do have a black one?

kj2

Flashaholic
I have a SC600 Mk II L2, that was purchased after the switch. It is a dark green, but definitely not even close to the typical black anodizing of most lights.

Unless they switched again, of course...can you take a pic or two, if you really do have a black one?

ZL doesn't have lights with black anodizing.. yet. They're planning on doing that. That idea/plan they should drop.

hatman

Enlightened
No black and even better heat-sinking -- my SC62w already is one of my two or three favorite lights.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a 1x 26650 light with a single XHP70. Zebralight would need to make a nice boost driver to go with it so it could run on a single cell, but I have confidence they could do it.

Thacker

Newly Enlightened

I think 1 is probable and 4 (I agree with you) is possible. There's not much more to do with a single cell 18650 that's practical (in the short term) other than led tech. In the mean time it seems we'll get RGB emitters and rechargeable versions of every light in the chinese catalogs. I doubt we'll see 2 or 3 unless zebralight changes course and tries to be like almost every other manufacturer. Too many lights, too many gimmicks, and so much waste trying to be everything to everybody in every market. It doesn't fit their current design philosophy. They can't just make a longer battery tube like other companies. The costs to enter that market would be substantial and it's already saturated with multiple AA lights. It's a much different market than they currently target too. There's not a lot of money to be made there... at least not the way zebralight has done business to this point.

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
will there be an sc53.I would love to see how can they make it more perfect.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nichia and Luxeon trade blows to me. Nichia can't be beat as far as a lack of green tint and consistency from hotspot to spill is concerned, but the Luxeon 5000k looks more like natural sunlight-- Nichia looks like an incandescent in comparison.

Zebralight having options for 3x Nichia and 3x Luxeon among many other things would be ideal.

markr6

Flashaholic
I make sure to bug them about making a Nichia at least once a year :) They won't budge!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I make sure to bug them about making a Nichia at least once a year :) They won't budge!

I wonder if the new low-voltage high-CRI Osram Oslon Square would be a better choice.

Like the Nichia 219B it fits on an XPG footprint and has 92 CRI. At 4000K it's a bit warmer than the Nichia.

What makes the Oslon Square superior is that it substantially outperforms the Nichia 219B, especially at higher currents. Lumen output is almost as good as the XPG2 while the forward voltage is substantially lower so it should run longer on low batteries.

markr6

Flashaholic
I wonder if the new low-voltage high-CRI Osram Oslon Square would be a better choice.

Like the Nichia 219B it fits on an XPG footprint and has 92 CRI. At 4000K it's a bit warmer than the Nichia.

What makes the Oslon Square superior is that it substantially outperforms the Nichia 219B, especially at higher currents. Lumen output is almost as good as the XPG2 while the forward voltage is substantially lower so it should run longer on low batteries.

Never heard of that, but sounds like a winner! 4000K is getting a bit warm for me, but probably still a nice tint I would like to have in a ZL.