Zebralight plans MKIII's and SC63 release for this year

markr6

Flashaholic
At least specs on it. I'm not to hopeful we'll know much before the end of the year.

I just asked for a "sneak peak" on the SC63...any details if possible. Let's see what they say...

update: No info at the moment :(

Last edited:

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
> "update: No info at the moment"

Does this mean that you haven't yet heard back from ZL, or that ZL responded to you saying "no info for you!"

markr6

Flashaholic
> "update: No info at the moment"

Does this mean that you haven't yet heard back from ZL, or that ZL responded to you saying "no info for you!"

Sorry, that is misleading now that you point that out. That was more or less a quote from them. They don't have any SC63 info to release yet.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
i bet they're scratching their heads on what do do w/ the sc63. it's not a good candidate for XPL-HI since the reflector is too small. mk3 driver isn't all that exciting for XML2/XPL

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
i bet they're scratching their heads on what do do w/ the sc63. it's not a good candidate for XPL-HI since the reflector is too small. mk3 driver isn't all that exciting for XML2/XPL
The driver from the MK III's in a SC62w/SC63w would make me happy. I'd love to have 6v support in the SC62w. The XP-L HI might make me interested in a SC600w(not sure if there's a 4000-4500k XP-L HI), but not in a SC62w.

markr6

Flashaholic
The driver from the MK III's in a SC62w/SC63w would make me happy. I'd love to have 6v support in the SC62w. The XP-L HI might make me interested in a SC600w(not sure if there's a 4000-4500k XP-L HI), but not in a SC62w.

Zebralight lists the upcoming SC600 III HI as XP-L HI @ 4400K. That could just be a copy/paste typo from another light, but can't say for sure. I'd be happy with that!

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got an idea for sc63. zebralight i know you'll be reading here so please consider

overclocked strobe :)

it's a 50% duty cycle anyway. the mk3 driver shouldn't have any trouble w/ this. i would be happy with a 1600 lumen strobe from an XML2. i really don't care if the 50,000hr LED life would be cut in half*

this would mean PID for the strobes

*the extreme thermal cycling would probably kill it faster than that. but perhaps you could mitigate that w/ a copper MCPCB? or a different solder?

Duramarks

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Zebralight SC62 I just ordered...which is awesome. I wish I would have ordered one a long time ago.

But I have a question. I ordered a SC62W, the box says SC62W, but the light itself says SC62. It doesn't really seem like a warmer tint but I don't have any idea what it should look like.

Did I get a mix up? Should the light itself actually read "SC62w"?

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my Zebralight SC62 I just ordered...which is awesome. I wish I would have ordered one a long time ago.

But I have a question. I ordered a SC62W, the box says SC62W, but the light itself says SC62. It doesn't really seem like a warmer tint but I don't have any idea what it should look like.

Did I get a mix up? Should the light itself actually read "SC62w"?
Crap, sounds like you got a mix-up. Here's my zebra's. You can see the 'w' on my sc62w

aP74uQE.jpg

Last edited:

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
Well I've officially misplaced my SC600 MkI. And as most the internal debate goes on. Buy a 600 or 62? Wait and buy the next gen. 600 or 63? sigh...

UTV2TiVo

Newly Enlightened
When you finally decide to order the replacement you will find the original a few months later but then be happy that you now have a back-up! happened to me...

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
Typically buying another is the only way I can find the first one. I have three of several items. sigh...

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
SC600 is now "on sale" at ZL.com; though 6$ off is less "sale" and more the ZL version of Apple's "under construction".

We probably have some Mkiii's coming soon.

markr6

Flashaholic
The Last time I checked the SC600 MKIII wasn't on the spreadsheet, now it is. It says Cree HI, I'm assuming XP-L HI.

They updated that several months ago, but not adding anything since then. Obviously past the ETA...

LEDeez

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking for a good flashlight for some time and just joined this forum the other day. I liked the SC600 MK II but noticed it has been out for awhile so I emailed zebralight and asked if they had plans to release an updated version anytime soon. They told me the SC 600 MK III would be released next week.