Zebralight S6330 and S6330b 2400 Lumen flashlights in the making. .

Samy

Enlightened
Looks really good! I find it interesting that at 400 lumens the Zebra gets 11 hours with 3 batteries vs the TK75's 400 lumens which gets 12 hours but needs 4 batteries to do it. The zebra is very efficient! The zebra would be a great blackout/power failure tailstander!

cheers

Matjazz

Newly Enlightened
We can't judge deficiency until we know which batteries were used in both cases.

moozooh

Enlightened
The last photo is very surprising. It seems that weight limitations (?) have forced ZL to adopt the traditional head-biased thread placement rather than their usual "unibody" + tailcap. Maybe they thought it would make sense with the advanced thermal regulation in place. I'm not a fan of the change, but I guess there were solid reasons for it.

That being said, I like the look of the battery holder frame—I find it unexpectedly graceful.

sbbsga

Enlightened
That o-ring looks like it's bombproof. Amazing!

I wonder if the cells are touching the inner bore of the body.

Sent using Tapatalk HD.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told that they are using a PID feedback circuit for the output thermal control regulation and that there are 256 steps to the output available to the PID circuit.
Evidently this will allow the light to throttle back output in such small increments that it will continue to run while adapting to the available voltage and heat without our being able to really perceive these changes.

I don't know how different this is than other lights but it sounds complicated to me?

This is also part of the reason the 1,2 or 3 battery option will work in there as the light will make sure the output stays uniform.

Again what I think I was told or at least how I heard it or remember it?

juplin

Enlightened
The last photo is very surprising. It seems that weight limitations (?) have forced ZL to adopt the traditional head-biased thread placement rather than their usual "unibody" + tailcap. Maybe they thought it would make sense with the advanced thermal regulation in place. I'm not a fan of the change, but I guess there were solid reasons for it.

That being said, I like the look of the battery holder frame—I find it unexpectedly graceful.
I think removable cylindrical battery holder can not provide 3 independent positive terminals required by battery powering system of S6330. This might force Zebralight to give up their famous unibody aluminum casing.

moozooh

Enlightened
I was told that they are using a PID feedback circuit for the output thermal control regulation and that there are 256 steps to the output available to the PID circuit.
Evidently this will allow the light to throttle back output in such small increments that it will continue to run while adapting to the available voltage and heat without our being able to really perceive these changes.

I don't know how different this is than other lights but it sounds complicated to me?

This is also part of the reason the 1,2 or 3 battery option will work in there as the light will make sure the output stays uniform.

Again what I think I was told or at least how I heard it or remember it?
Refer to the post #12 in this very thread.

Most lights do one of the following:
a) use a dumb stepdown timer that can be reset by turning the light off and back on (think SC600 and SC52),
b) step down to the next available level—usually staying there—upon reaching a certain thermal state,
c) do nothing and, depending on the output, risk permanent damage to itself or the owner.

This light uses the "b" approach with a twist: it will attempt to maintain its output and, if need be, vary it in very small steps to make sure you never experience a significant drop-off in brightness as long as batteries can keep up. I'm wondering, though, whether that'll also mean gradual rampdown on low battery as opposed to the usual stepping down.

I think removable cylindrical battery holder can not provide 3 independent positive terminals required by battery powering system of S6330. This might force Zebralight to give up their famous unibody aluminum casing.
I was rather thinking of a triple battery tube that needs no holders, but that would mean thick tube walls (+weight) or some fancy protruding limiters (+complexity, –reliability).

Yourfun2

Enlightened
Looks like it is going to be a super flood light. Wont be any throw if that is what the reflector really looks like. I like the looks of the TM11 much better than what I see here. Though I do like the recessed button.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Refer to the post #12 in this very thread.

Most lights do one of the following:
a) use a dumb stepdown timer that can be reset by turning the light off and back on (think SC600 and SC52),
b) step down to the next available level—usually staying there—upon reaching a certain thermal state,
c) do nothing and, depending on the output, risk permanent damage to itself or the owner.

This light uses the "b" approach with a twist: it will attempt to maintain its output and, if need be, vary it in very small steps to make sure you never experience a significant drop-off in brightness as long as batteries can keep up. I'm wondering, though, whether that'll also mean gradual rampdown on low battery as opposed to the usual stepping down.

I am aware of this but was told that this light will use a much more sophisticated technology to control output than any light before it?
When I looked into the PID control circuits they do seem unusually robust for something like a light to me.

On the other hand what do I know about it,I am no designer or engineer to say the least.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Looks like it is going to be a super flood light. Wont be any throw if that is what the reflector really looks like. I like the looks of the TM11 much better than what I see here. Though I do like the recessed button.

Should throw similar to the SC600 but more so since there are more lumens to play with.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk 2.

juplin

Enlightened
I was rather thinking of a triple battery tube that needs no holders, but that would mean thick tube walls (+weight) or some fancy protruding limiters (+complexity, –reliability).
The structure of the triple battery tube looks like this:
7G9034.jpg

7G9023.jpg

During assembly, the circuit board must be pushed forward from the tail of the tube and be glued on the head under the structure of Zebralight's unibody casing. This can't be done for the triple battery tube, since the diameter of the circuit board is larger than the inner diameter of the triple battery tube.
Alternatively, they may design a circuit board that matches the contour of the triple battery tube to replace the round circuit board, if the structure of unibody casing is maintained. However, this circuit board has bizarre shape and less space for electronic components, which will lead to questionable feasibility.

These pictures shown above are taken from:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...wer-Review-RUNTIMES-VIDEO-BEAMSHOTS-and-more!

Last edited:

Yourfun2

Enlightened
This light is 200 grams lighter than the 7G9. So wont be near as beefy as those pics.

CVLPA

Newly Enlightened
Ah, the pictures are up! I'm very tempted to order it right now! Or the Fenix TK75. Still can't decide until i've seen some reviews.

Last edited:

ToyTank

Enlightened
I can't wait for beamshots of this, 10 degree spot is pretty tight for a triple.

Then someone to do a RGB mod- I know i'm dreaming.

$200 is a bit steep for me to impulse buy. At least right now.

Beckler

Enlightened
Ah, the pictures are up! I'm very tempted to order it right now! Or the Fenix TK75. Still can't decide until i've seen some reviews.

6330 has much more versatility of brightness levels; that's a big plus. But double clicking doesn't really make any sense to me. More innovation is required here.