ZebraLight SC600 MkII

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im hoping for the same!!!

I'm not a fan of pocket clips on my lights. It's one of the things I dislike about the SC51/52. The clip mount protrudes and has very sharp corners and edges. I carry my EDC loose in my pocket so have no use for the clip. Normally I perform a "clipectomy" on all my lights, but this really isn't an option with the SC52. I'd really hate it if the new SC600 MkII had an SC51 style clip.

henry1960

Enlightened
I'm not a fan of pocket clips on my lights. It's one of the things I dislike about the SC51/52. The clip mount protrudes and has very sharp corners and edges. I carry my EDC loose in my pocket so have no use for the clip. Normally I perform a "clipectomy" on all my lights, but this really isn't an option with the SC52. I'd really hate it if the new SC600 MkII had an SC51 style clip.

I 90 Percent of the time do not use the clip eaither but it is allways nice to have it just in case...And thats only if they use the same clip as the SC51 & SC52
If they put the clip that was on old model SC600 I will take and keep off...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`m guessing one change will be the use of the U3 emitter. Surprised they did not use that in the SC52...maybe next month. Well, my SC600 is in perfect condition...sounds like it needs to be packed back up...and find it`s way under my brother in-laws Christmas tree...just got his doctorate in education...so double reason...then, da new one shall be mine! 900 lumen out of something that small...yea baby...I`m digging it already...

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened
It sounds like the low setting options will include the .01 lumens currently offered on the sc52? That was my only tiny quarrel with the sc600, a .1 lumen low is not quite low enough to serve as a locator setting.

So where will the 5.4mm size reduction come from?

At 4.0 inches and 900 lumens, I have to get this light! I also have to get the s6330...and I have two sc52's...way to corner the market ZL.

BWX

Enlightened
I hope Xtar (Panasonic) 3100 mah protected fit the MkII.. I didn't even think about that.. Maybe even the new bigger 3400 mah batts will fit the new one though?

magnum70383

Enlightened
I hope Xtar (Panasonic) 3100 mah protected fit the MkII.. I didn't even think about that.. Maybe even the new bigger 3400 mah batts will fit the new one though?

Ya, I'm debating rather to get the protected panasonic 3400 batteries!

hb-light

Newly Enlightened
I think the fact that people barely use the zebralight clips is because you need two hands to clip it on to something... If zebralight made a PINCH clip that would solve the problem...

It's simple, you pinch to open i.e. increase the gap between the point of the clip and the flash light itself... and slide it in where ever they want... WITH ONE HAND... the clip and the flashlight should CLAMP down hard...

We need a ONE HANDED CLIP... way more useful...

IF zebralight were to make it... I'm guessing it would incorporate some kind of spring...

It's frustrating using two hands and frustrating to see they didn't figure this out.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, I'm debating rather to get the protected panasonic 3400 batteries!

If you plan to mostly use the medium and lower brightness selections, then the higher mah AW (Panasonic) 18650 batteries like the 2900, 3100, and 3400 will be best.
However, if you plan to mostly use the high and turbo settings which draw high current, then you will get best results from the AW 2600 mah 18650.

I realize that this sounds unusual, but the chemistries are different. The 2600 is the older LiCo chemistry, and that holds up to higher drain better, and holds up its voltage better in those conditions. It will hold the high setting brightness for longer than the 3100(and probably the 3400 too) before it starts dropping off.
The newer chemistry with the Nickel in it can last longer at low current draw, but drops voltage faster at high current, so the run times on high or turbo won't be as good with the new chemistry that is used in the 2900, 3100, and 3400.

So, for a LED like the XML that likes a lot of current to run at high power, the 2600 is still the battery of choice.
If you want to mostly use the low modes, then get the 3400.
If you look at the discharge graphs of these different batteries closely at the high discharge rates vs the low discharge rates, you can see what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Onthelightside

Enlightened
I realize that this sounds unusual, but the chemistries are different. The 2600 is the older LiCo chemistry, and that holds up to higher drain better, and holds up its voltage better in those conditions. It will hold the high setting brightness for longer than the 3100(and probably the 3400 too) before it starts dropping off.
The newer chemistry with the Nickel in it can last longer at low current draw, but drops voltage faster at high current, so the run times on high or turbo won't be as good with the new chemistry that is used in the 2900, 3100, and 3400.

So, for a LED like the XML that likes a lot of current to run at high power, the 2600 is still the battery of choice.
If you look at the discharge graphs of these different batteries closely at the high discharge rates vs the low discharge rates, you can see what I'm saying.

Interesting! I am just waiting for metal air batteries for my lights. Not sure if you have heard of them but they are pretty cool very high energy density I have been working with them in my lab. Li-ion is so yesterday :grin2:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Zebralight historically on target with the time frame for delivery?
They claim this will be available next month,have they been right in the past?

hatman

Enlightened
If you plan to mostly use the medium and lower brightness selections, then the higher mah AW (Panasonic) 18650 batteries like the 2900, 3100, and 3400 will be best.
However, if you plan to mostly use the high and turbo settings which draw high current, then you will get best results from the AW 2600 mah 18650.

Fascinating.

Is there any downside to using the 2600 on high?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Zebralight historically on target with the time frame for delivery?
They claim this will be available next month,have they been right in the past?

Hmm...not so much...but, I think they will be more/less on target with this one. The sc600 has been off their web site for some time now http://www.zebralight.com/ ...noticed them gone a couple weeks ago..only the SC600w remain. So...I think they have cleared their old stock for the most part. Dealers, I believe...are hoping to clear stocks of many lights over the Christmas time. Then I think we will see them (and other U3 lights) appear when they refill their stocks. So...I believe these will be out shortly...next month some time. Either the newer models will sell for more...or we will see sale pricing on the older models.

Last edited:

Alpinebully

Newly Enlightened
I just received my first ZebraLight a week or so ago, the SC600w. It was shipped from China and took about 3 weeks to arrive from my order date.

As others have said had i known about this MKII version i most likely would have waited, however now that i have received the SC600w im very hesitant to purchase any more ZebraLight, lights.

The Anodizing is pretty poor with markings in it on the head and the tail cap area. The deburring around the switch is uneven. The tail cap isnt even centered to the body of the flashlight!!! The w LED color is nice but there are artifacts around the uneven hotspot. Inside the battery tube, at the head end where the circuity and positive terminal are, glue? has run from there and pooled a little in one area of the battery tube making the battery a tight fit. One of these things id accept but all of them in one light really makes me question and doubt their QC.

If i thought i could get a replacement quickly id send it back but given the time it took to arrive in the first place, ill write this one off but again sadly it will be my first and last unless i eventually buy a replacement second hand that has been properly inspected and beam shots confirmed etc.

Alpinebully

Newly Enlightened
FWIW, given the battery discussion above the Unprotected 3100mAh Panasonic cells fit in my SC600w but i just received some 3100mAh Panasonic's with Protection and they do not really fit inside the SC600w; they do but they are a real struggle to extract...

Thanks for the info TWL; re the 2600mAh cells etc. I might just have to pick a few up and try them out.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my first ZebraLight a week or so ago, the SC600w. It was shipped from China and took about 3 weeks to arrive from my order date.

As others have said had i known about this MKII version i most likely would have waited, however now that i have received the SC600w im very hesitant to purchase any more ZebraLight, lights.

The Anodizing is pretty poor with markings in it on the head and the tail cap area. The deburring around the switch is uneven. The tail cap isnt even centered to the body of the flashlight!!! The w LED color is nice but there are artifacts around the uneven hotspot. Inside the battery tube, at the head end where the circuity and positive terminal are, glue? has run from there and pooled a little in one area of the battery tube making the battery a tight fit. One of these things id accept but all of them in one light really makes me question and doubt their QC.

If i thought i could get a replacement quickly id send it back but given the time it took to arrive in the first place, ill write this one off but again sadly it will be my first and last unless i eventually buy a replacement second hand that has been properly inspected and beam shots confirmed etc.

Can you send it back for a refund? Lose in the shipping cost...but why hold on to something you are unhappy about.

Alpinebully

Newly Enlightened
Badbeams, if i thought id get a replacement within a week and felt certain that it would be a 'good example' then i would but waiting 3-6 weeks to take another gamble on the tint color etc. and now with xmas upon us the postage system just about grinds to a halt; i dont like sending or trying to receive items OS this time of the year at all.

I go camping just about every second weekend and this is my first warm tinted light so im enjoying that and focusing on that, id rather just use it then wait for a replacement. The light works and in a few months the finish will be well worn anyways... It is what it is and i think i was expecting to much mind you ive had other Chinese lights (Fenix) and they have all been 100% perfectly machined and finished etc.

The off center tail cap is really strange, ive tried looking over every single photo i can lay my eyes on, online and cannot tell if they are all this way or not... ill post up some photos.

Latest posts