ZebraLight SC600 MkII

eshold

Newly Enlightened
Re: ZebraLight SC600 MkII *with PICS*

Does anyone carry this light bezel up, clipped in a pocket?

I have been carrying mine this way. It keeps the largest part of the light out of your pocket and allows you to grab the body with your thumb on the switch, ready to go. It is recessed enough that it will not activate, nor will it with your thumb pressed flat over the button at moderate pressure. I find it very ergonomic. Best light I have ever had, by far.

markr6

Flashaholic

Nice buy on Massdrop right now. $79!

markr6

Flashaholic

I knew I wasn't going crazy! I swore I saw the "w" version at one point, but only the CW the past couple days. I already have one, so no big deal. This should clear out some inventory if the MKIII turns out to be a big seller!

markr6

Flashaholic

Maybe they only made ten?
If there's no sales numbers, we're guessing.

42 SC600 sold so far.
SC600w was limited to 20 and sold out quick. I'm not sure why Massdrop set the limit (feedback from ZL, a poll, a guess?)

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

79 for a new SC600 is nice. I'm holding off for the XPL-HI version though.

markr6

Flashaholic

XP-L HI neutral white!

I'm ready for it!! Planned for September, so I'll give them until 2016 :) Could be a winner, but could also be TOO throwy for me. We'll see.

markr6

Flashaholic

SC600/w II L2 on sale at Zebralight - $89. Still a hefty price (worth it IMO), but could indicate the SC600 III is getting REAL close now :)

BWX

Enlightened

Too bad about what they did to wreck the interface though..

"Beacon-strobe mode can be accessed from 3 short-clicks when the light is Off. "

It's supposed to go into LOW when you do that ZebraLight! W. T. H. !?

I won't buy a MKII or MKIII until they fix that nonsense. I don't want strobes and beacons always coming on by accident on my $100 ZebraLight. That's why I spent $100 on a flashlight, an interface without stupid strobes constantly coming on all the time. I have "crappy" $40 and $50 and $60 lights for that.

I guess I will stick with my MKI B XM-L U2 cool white for the foreseeable future.. I wanted a neutral white version too, but not with that interface.

Sorry Zebralight, you aren't getting any more 100 dollar bills from me until you fix it.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic

Yeah they changed that a while ago. Some like it, some hate it, some don't care. I never accessed low with 3 clicks, so I don't care. You get a flash of high and medium by triple clicking, so I don't know why people would use that to get to low. Click and hold is fine. I never miss it, but some people can't seem to time it right and end up getting medium. That's still better than going through high IMO.

Ideally, it would be from off 1 click = low. Double click = high. Press and hold for medium.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Low used to be accessible via 3 short clicks?? I'm glad they changed it then. Low being accessible via a press and hold is why I love Zebralight.

The only downside about strobe being 3 clicks is if you turned the light on in high, and want to change to high2 real quick-- if you do it too quickly you get strobe. That still gets me sometimes.

markr6

Flashaholic

The only downside about strobe being 3 clicks is if you turned the light on in high, and want to change to high2 real quick-- if you do it too quickly you get strobe. That still gets me sometimes.

Yup! I do that a lot...I'm impatient!

markr6

Flashaholic
Actually, you can still technically 3-click to low if you time it right :)

Or press and hold. Here it is on the SC5w OP (same new UI)

I know, not ideal...but it's there. I still don't understand why anyone would want to do that.

BWX

Enlightened

Low used to be accessible via 3 short clicks?? I'm glad they changed it then. Low being accessible via a press and hold is why I love Zebralight.

You could always do either. 3 short clicks or press and hold- then release for low.

I don't understand why people don't understand that you can just press the head of the light into your shirt at night and click three times really quick and no flash of light.

You can check to make sure it is in low if your eyes are night adjusted by looking at the edge of the bezel as it is against your shirt, or your coat, or your pants, or your dog, or your wife or g/f. Very easy to do and doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out.
Sometimes with the flakey switch operation, holding down and releasing gets you a big flat blast of turbo because when you thought you pressed down, it wasn't "all the way" pressed down because switch is inconsistent as per usual with ZL switches. 3 clicks to low with head of light against your shirt is SAFER, that's why I do it. I actually use the thing every day, I don't sit and look at it on a shelf or use it once every three weeks like some people seem to. If they used it ever day they would know why 3 clicks to low is a good thing to have.

Too bad ZL had to go and wreck the interface so strobe and flashy modes are always right there, ready to go off with one click to many which happens ALL THE TIME with their half-defective switches that they always use which seem to have a mind of their own anyways.

Also too bad they can't get a decent switch with some consistency either, you'd think for $100/ light they could afford it.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic

If you're putting it against your shirt, I guess you can do what I'm doing in the video above...then check to see if it's in low or strobe. In fact, that would probably be even more obvious.

Latest posts