Zebralight SC600 & SC600W discussion part 2

offthetrail

Newly Enlightened
Re: Zebra light SC600 (W) discussion part 2

My SC600W was an early order from November, and it does not have the "w" engraved on the body either. But, it does have the 5-min step down. love this light! first zebra, and first neutral flashlight. (I have a neutral spark headlamp that I love also)

DWood

Newly Enlightened

Mine has the W, and I find the switch and UI to be a big plus. No problems with the switch at all.

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened
The switch felt on the firm side when I received the light. With use it has definitely become more relaxed.

specimen

Newly Enlightened

I agree with you. I have posted elsewhere about my displeasure with the new switch on the SC600(w) also.

Here was my remedy.

I looked around in one of my junk drawers and found these. You could call them either hard rubber or soft plastic. I don't know, but they are flexible. As you can see, they're called bumpers but I believe their intended use is as pads/feet to keep items from scratching or sliding on a surface.

The larger one, about 5/8in in diameter fit near perfectly. It adds just enough height to make the switching much easier to activate. But not enough that it would cause accidental activation, at least not in my opinion. The adhesive seems to be holding well enough. If it doesn't, I'll find another solution to keep it in place as I like it much better than stock. It takes away some of that "button" feel, but the switch works great just the same.

I took some pics so you can get a better idea what I'm talking about. I did these on my laptop. Not the best thing for making sure they look ok, so hope they come out.
Thanks for your information. I will try.

Diablo_331

Enlightened

I just typed up a nice long post but once again..CPF fails.

The Ti clip is from Jason at Dark Sucks aka archer6817j. The foil is necessary to make contact between the body and tailcap. A more permanent solution could be a washer or ring of sorts that is the same diameter and width of the unanodized portion at the rear of the light when the tailcap is removed. It could be droped in the tailcap and should still allow tailcap lockout but seeing as that is of no concern to me, I'll be sticking with the aluminum foil for now at least. I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking.

2012-01-05202636.jpg

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab201/bac22282/2012-01-05203952.jpg

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab201/bac22282/2012-01-05210331.jpg

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab201/bac22282/2012-01-05210339.jpg

2012-01-05211039.jpg

2012-01-05215257.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow that is a gorgeous clip, I use the stock clip for inside pocket carry in my Carhartt side pocket. For while not at work I have a Thor's hammer custom leather holster. Mine is cool white and I carry two spare batteries in my coat.

fnj

Enlightened

i see absolutely no green in either one of my SC600w's. i wonder if some people got a bad tint, or if some people are just seeing the tints differently.

i really love the tint on mine. it's an ideal neutral white, in my opinion.

Tint is practically the most subjective thing there is.

hatman

Enlightened

Ordered Thursday morning, delivered Saturday afternoon.

Barely had time to charge up my leftover AW200 batteries that I kept from the Fenix TK11R2 I gave away for Christmas. The 2200s fit and work fine.

Initial reaction: indoors, on a white wall, tint seems very similar to my SC60W, which is to say, wonderful.

Love the new switch!

As to that Ti clip above, yikes that's beautiful!

Last edited:

glendayle

Newly Enlightened

I'm still a newbie to the flashlight world. I got a christmas bonus($100 AMEX gift card) and decided to purchase one of these with it. Ordered the neutral. Now I just need to decide which battery to order and which charger. Thinking cotton pickers, but I still haven't gotten a response if you can use it with a AC wall adapter that has a USB port on it.

andrewnewman

Enlightened

I'm still a newbie to the flashlight world. I got a christmas bonus($100 AMEX gift card) and decided to purchase one of these with it. Ordered the neutral. Now I just need to decide which battery to order and which charger. Thinking cotton pickers, but I still haven't gotten a response if you can use it with a AC wall adapter that has a USB port on it.

I have a cottonpickers USB charger and use it regularly with an AC wall adapter. I would even recommend it as some laptop USB ports are limited to around 500mA where this is less likely an issue with wall adapters.

bodhran

Enlightened

Also recieved my SC600w today from Zebralight. Has the w and 5 min. stepdown, though not a big deal. I could not be happier with the tint. Creamy without a hint of green on any level. What did surprise me though is how much darker the finish is compared to my SC600. Easy way to tell them appart I guess though I don't see myself using the 600 that much now. Have been running mine on LG 2800 batteries without problems.

glendayle

Newly Enlightened

I have a cottonpickers USB charger and use it regularly with an AC wall adapter. I would even recommend it as some laptop USB ports are limited to around 500mA where this is less likely an issue with wall adapters.

Thinking about ordering the one with 2 different settings? suggestions on what charge levels to request? Not sure on batteries yet. Thinking about going with the Redilast 2600 mA. Any reason I should go for the 2900/3100mA instead? I'm not necessarily in need of longer run-time and the 2600 seems a good value to me.

hatman

Enlightened

Sorry -- double post.

Last edited:

Diablo_331

Enlightened
glendayle said:
Thinking about ordering the one with 2 different settings? suggestions on what charge levels to request? Not sure on batteries yet. Thinking about going with the Redilast 2600 mA. Any reason I should go for the 2900/3100mA instead? I'm not necessarily in need of longer run-time and the 2600 seems a good value to me.

If it were me I would do something below 100ma and then around 500ma to cover pretty much any cell out there.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

Check out either AW or Redilast and I like the new Eagletac 3100mah cells, for a charger if your just mainly going to charge one battery I use the 4sevens single bay charger and it works great, I have the more expensive Pila dual bay charger but the 4sevens has a faster charge and I mostly charge one battery at a time now and then so the 47's works out great.

The AW, Redilast and Eagletac 18650 all use cells from Panasonic but I like the Eagletac because the 3100mah version fits my SC600 better it's a little smaller in diameter compared to the AW and Redilast 3100mah's and has a real button top which works well in other light's as well, it doesn't hurt it a few bucks cheaper to.

Philonous

Newly Enlightened
Having used and carried the SC600 for a few months now, I can honestly say it's a superb light. I just love having all the options, all that runtime, and all that output (and space!) in my pocket.

At this point, my only (extremely minor!) quibble is with the clip. For a removable clip, it's pretty secure and solid, perhaps even too much - I had to work on it a bit to make it flexible enough that it didn't tear up my pockets putting it on. But I suppose it's better if it's initially too secure than never secure enough. However, what did disappoint me somewhat is that in addition to ditching the screw-on clip found on models like the SC51, they have also ditched one of the best features of that clip and light - its ability to clip stand. We all know Zebralight make wonderful tail-standing lights, but one of my favourite features on the SC51 was the way the clip forms a stable tripd, allowing you to stand the light on its clip. This was clearly a deliberate and extremely clever design feature, and a wonderful combination of form and function. I just think it's a shame ZL didn't retain this aspect of the old clip design, as it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to do.

DM51

Flashaholic

I just typed up a nice long post but once again... CPF fails.
What you really mean is you failed to copy/save it before hitting submit. Most people have learned to take this simple precaution.

Some of your photos are too large. Please resize them to comply with Rule 3.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I have learned to copy before hitting reply. It was unrelated. I hosted the photos using photobucket. I wasn't aware that they would be too large. I do not know how to resize them. Please feel free to delete them.

DM51

Flashaholic
Photobucket has a facility to resize images. When you have done that, you may re-post them.

Chip

Newly Enlightened
I can't decide between cool white and neutral white. I have a "cool white" P10, and I love the color. I think whites look great, pure, and I can't imagine what a "warm" light would look like in ever day use. I might go neutral white just because it's different. My other light is a Klarus XT10 and I think its way too green. I don't enjoy using it around the house, the walls and things all look green to my eye.