Zebralight SC600Fd III Plus - XHP50

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine about 4 hours ago.
The tint is very white at first glance but does exhibit a bit of green. As TCY noted, maximum output is the whitest and cleanest. The CRI seems good.
The beam is very wide and floody. Doing a beam slice against a wall shows that it almost hits 180 degrees.
Very compact and well finished but the little bump for the lanyard is a bit annoying in hand.
I'll test it more tonight to get a better idea of the beam, tint and CRI. I'll probably compare it with a couple of my other lights which should group well, 6P with triple 219A and Prometheus alpha with XPG3 5000K Hi CRI.

After a bit of a play with Fd plus in darkness I was able to assess the beam and tint better.
I see green but it's a pretty even tint and white enough. It doesn't render whites as well as the other two lights I compared it to nor did it beat them in CRI in my opinion. I'd probably rank it third.
This isn't the grail of tint and CRI.
It is however pretty good, in the eyes of many it will probably be quite impressive.
The beam is super floody which makes it a fairly niche light. I like it but I wouldn't say it's general purpose.
The PID on H1 kicks in hard and fast, which it needs to so it's pretty well a burst mode.
Overall the Fd plus is a pretty impressive little light which for its size is impressive in it's self. Good tint and CRI with a smooth beam. I think it will probably disappoint the unwary though.
No prize for guessing which light won in tint and CRI.

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing I've found with ZL preorders. If you don't order the day of release, and quickly once it's listed on the website, the light will usually get shipped in a secondary batch. Zebralight seems to make their lifts in "waves" or batches every 2-3 weeks. I've seen initial preorders that get shipped up to 6 weeks after the first orders began shipping due to high demand and not being in on the first few batches to go out. USPS says mine won't arrive until Thursday now :(

markr6

Flashaholic
Mine still says Thursday, but not much activity. USPS is slow to make updates, but still I'm worried I'll get the "Delivery updated to Friday, October 7" message soon.

DMS1970

Enlightened
I am going to get the SF UM2 Ultra instead. Based off of one review. :)

I don't see the parallel. Except for the TIR lens, Jetbeam made a light just like that (600L, rotary brightness ring) in 2007. At 2" longer I wouldn't put it in the same category at all. If you want a great light with a TIR, but are tint fussy, have Vihn modify an olight S1 or S2 to your preferred LED. I prefer the S2 beam to my SC63, but the 63 wins in every other category.

For the cost of the UM2, you could buy 2 600FD and an Olight S2...

Last edited:

LumenKing1

Newly Enlightened
I don't see the parallel. Except for the TIR lens, Jetbeam made a light just like that (600L, rotary brightness ring) in 2007. At 2" longer I wouldn't put it in the same category at all. If you want a great light with a TIR, but are tint fussy, have Vihn modify an olight S1 or S2 to your preferred LED. I prefer the S2 beam to my SC63, but the 63 wins in every other category.

For the cost of the UM2, you could buy 2 600FD and an Olight S2...

I just like the SF better. I prefer quality over quantity. The SF looks to be a higher quality SF. My motto is you usually get what you pay for unless it's a Ford, Chevy or Dodge. :)

Koam

Newly Enlightened
My order just changed from Processing to New. Also got an email saying they received my order. Not sure if this means my order will be shipped soon or it was reset and the wait starts again.

EDIT: 20 minutes later it now shows Shipped. Also just got an email conformation.

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well today was quite a surprise; usps tracking had showed it still hadn't left Texas and I went out on my porch to discover my Zebralght sitting right there! Not sure what happened with the tracking lol usps does crazy things sometimes. Anyways here are my initial thoughts.

1. No battery rattle, ncr18650ga fits perfectly.
2. Buttery smooth threads :thumbsup:
3. Heats up decently on the turbo mode. I would compare it to the SC62w I have in that regard. I can't notice the PID as it steps down which is good.
4. The big question everybody wants to know, how is the tint? On my sample maybe I got lucky but instead of a greenish tint it is more of a slight golden tint. Think of a nichia but with a more subtle golden tint. It's more noticeable on the medium and high settings, the turbo mode is basically a neautral white with no perceptible green, gold or any other tint. Basically a pure white. It's very pleasing to the eyes and a keeper for me, it exceeded my expectations! Hopefully this means others will also receive samples like this, no hint of green in mine!

markr6

Flashaholic
Glad you like the tint! I'm hoping for the best!! I should have it first thing tomorrow.

markr6

Flashaholic
Are these lights coming with a battery like my MKIII and SC63 did?

I think that was just a one-time deal. I can't seem to remember the reason...my memory is going! They couldn't get the NCR18650GA in stock or something on their site?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these lights coming with a battery like my MKIII and SC63 did?
At least in the US these lights don't come with a battery unless you order that. As far as I know that has been true for a long time at Zebralight for all their lights. Maybe sometimes they have a special offer or you got lucky.

markr6

Flashaholic
I remember now. It was the NCR18650BF they included for a short time when the new pogo pins came out. SC63 and MKIIIs. Pretty sure it had to do with them not being able to get the NCR18650GA in stock at the time.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK a few minutes of playing while I charge up a new GA for it.

Very nice dark anodizing, now the body matches the recent tail caps they have been shipping. It's perfect I hope they stick with this anodizing now.

Does not seem quite as bright as I thought it might be, but it's daytime and I need to compare it more with other lights. You do feel it getting warm on High in your hands pretty quick, and not just at the head. It's pushing the thermals for the body on high.

The Beam is beautiful like you would expect from a diffuser lens. There is some variation in intensity on the beam you can notice at like 6ft, but I don't expect to notice much if it's not on a white all. Zebra does not have the best diffusion, but it's a good balance between transmission and diffusion.

I think the levels programmed at the factory are good. Seem pretty much the same visually as their other lights, the separation is good or maybe better than some of them.

Mine is definitely a keeper (well I generally keep all of my Zebralights), so what I mean is the tint is perfect. Even at the lower outputs where the color temperature drops a bit it all looks great. It looks to me when my pocket is big enough this could replace my SC62w as my EDC. I'll want to compare them outside first and with the Mk III HI to see whats-what. The clean nice beam though is exactly what I want in an EDC and H2 seems perfect for my EDC level. Actually M1 is a pretty good level with more runtime, but the color temp is what I want indoors for my EDC and it's only 1 click.

Can't wait for the dark!