Zebralight update

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed them, but never got a reply. Let's hope that's true they will have something soon for their sake. Flashlight making is not rocket science. It won't be long before the big brands will saturate the market with cheap, good flashlights in Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I hope the length of the H501 will not be increased much, as its size is a big part of the beauty of the H50. Switching is nice, but in use I don't need to do much changing. Not sure I'd like much increase in length.

Geoff

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope the size will be the same. A little brighter and a little more runtime is all the improvement I need. And I really hope they don't change the flood pattern at all.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I hope the size will be the same. A little brighter and a little more runtime is all the improvement I need. And I really hope they don't change the flood pattern at all.
Changing the flood pattern is the whole idea.

With two different beam patterns for the H30/H50 the H501 is to be a AA version of the H30, or an H50 with H30 beam shape.

It's my light and I want it now! :D

ApoXX

Newly Enlightened
:mecry: :poke:

I would have bought an H30 already but I'm curious to see if they come up with an updated/reflectorized version in the next month or so. I'm also hoping for some warmer emitters.

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Comparison: H50 vs. H60

Now that I have my H60 and just today found my H50 that was lost for the past 2 months, I can finally make a comparison.

It turns out that my H50 has a very warm tint compared to the H60. I also have noticed that the stated 0.5 lumen low of the H60 appears brighter than the stated 2.6 lumen low of the H50. The 3 lumen setting of the H60 is DEFINITELY a lot brighter than the H50's 2.6 lumens. It leaves me wondering if my H50 is dimmer than advertised or if the H60 is brighter than advertised.

Although I am probably in the minority here, I prefer the twisty function of the H50 over the button of the H60. Although the H60 has a more interesting UI, as a caver I am concerned that the push button H60 may not be as waterproof as the H50 since the push button creates another potential location for water entry. With double o-rings and no external switch, the H50 is probably more water resistant, but this is probably a minor issue and I have not real world data to back up my concern.

The new H60 is my first 18650 powered light and I am very very impressed with the performance of these batteries. This says a lot coming from a guy who prefers to standardize most of his field gear to rechargeable AA's. Now that I have seen the light (190 lumens of it!), I am an 18650 convert!

I can certainly say that my zebralights are the most interesting lights I use on a regular basis. . .

If I could design my own perfect zebralight, It would be powered by the 18650 battery of the H60 but would have the wider flood beam and twisty UI of the H50.

socalrunner

Newly Enlightened
Re: Comparison: H50 vs. H60

does anyone have the runtime for the H30 using RCR123 batteries.. I know that using primaries is over 2 hours on high, could you get at least 70-80 minutes using rechargeables??

Shorty66

Enlightened
as zebralights lights doesnt use an reflectors, they could put some glowpowder around the led. I imagine this would not lower the output to any visuable extend.
Though it would be nice to have a brighly glowing lamp after usage :)

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to use a fauxton at work several times checking for paper work in the dark. The fauxton is attached to my watch band so it worked out OK. I always thought how much more effective a Zebrlight would have been. I would have been able to clip one to my shirt pocket or belt. Once again I am calling on Zebra to make an AAA version. The market for it will be huge. There isn't a person who doesn't appreciate a super compact versatile single AAA Zebralight.

Shorty66

Enlightened
I Would like a H30 with a Zipkastyle retractable headband an pocketclip on one GITD silicone holer.

And of course Asph. lens adapters for all the zebralights to get throw if wannted. :)

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the past 3 three days I have to work in that space above the garage where it is dark and a flashlight is needed. I have a Streamlight Microstream. While it provides good brightness, I have to aim it at the other guy who is doing the work. It would have been useless as one person work light in this case. Yeah, I thought how much better a Zebralight would have been the whole time.

Give us some new lights, please. Throw in an AAA light while you are at it. Thank you.

Wait...do Zebralight employees even read this thread?