Surefire G2L owners...

Grun

Newly Enlightened
I am getting the G2 incandescent, then adding a wolfeyes dropin 170 lumens :naughty::naughty::naughty:

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it even out yet?

Anyways, unless you disable the thermal sensor, overdriving it won't do you much good.

Might as well get one of the cheap 3rd party modules.

Also, a plastic light isn't exactly an ideal candidate for a hot LED.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw two 6PL's at Scheels Sporting Goods yesterday. I couldn't freakin believe they had a couple already. Almost picked both of them up, but the 80 lumens rating turned me off.

SpiritHunter

Newly Enlightened
hi guys. 1st time here. anyway, can that plastic body dissapate heat fast enough to sustain the 80 lumen's heat output?

any idea how bright the 6P-L might look like if compare to a G2 incadesent?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF SpiritHunter

No, the G2L's Nitrolon does not dissipate heat as well as the 6PL's aluminium alloy.

The P60L LED Module used by the 6PL and G2L has a temperature sensor that reduces the output in order to prevent overheating. What this means is that momentary (brief) use will result in an output of 80 lumens.
Once the P60L has heated up through use its output will be reduced to about 65 lumens regulated for 3 hours in the G2, or about 75 lumens regulated for 2 hours in the 6P. The output will then decrease considerably for another 9 hours or so of usable light.
Although I have no seen this confirmed by output/runtime charts by users, this suggests that the 6PL's aluminium alloy is better able to remove heat (and therefore maintain a higher output) compared to the G2L's Nitrolon.

As for the P60L's beam compared to the P60 - very pleasing indeed. I am not aware of anybody being disappointed.

Al

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Does any one have beam shot comparisons between the new P60L and the P60 yet? I would absolutely want to see how big of a difference there is in between the two.

grnamin

Enlightened
I can't quite tell from leprechaun414's pictures if the drop-in can be modded. I would replace the entire original driver with another one for boosted performance. BTW, does anyone know why the G2L isn't available (as yet) in OD green or desert tan? Military sales priority maybe?

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
I can't quite tell from leprechaun414's pictures if the drop-in can be modded. I would replace the entire original driver with another one for boosted performance. BTW, does anyone know why the G2L isn't available (as yet) in OD green or desert tan? Military sales priority maybe?

As of now you can't purchase the G2L in any colors either than the Black (BK) or Yellow (YL), You could simply buy a black or yellow and then drop it into a OD Green or tan G2 Body though. I'm not really too sure of the reason, Unless they wanted to focus on two colors for the start and get the orders out and then focus on more color options later. Or it could have just been not having time.