Fenix L1P & L2P

darkknight

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I'm new here and would just like to say the info you guys post is very helpful when deciding what new light to buy, thanks. My question is about the L1P mainly. Ive read there is different versions of this light 1.0, 2.0, 2.5 and am woundering how you tell them apart? I'm looking at getting one and would like to get the newest one 2.5 I think. Also, is there different versions with the L2P as well?

Thanks

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
for the L1p, I don't think that you can even get the 1.0, 2.0 versions. The only one being sold is the 2.5. If for some reason you want the older versions, you may want to check the BST section. I'm not sure about the L2P versions, if there are any.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that the only version being sold now, is the vs. 2.5 premium (as in L1P)

The premiums have an "R" binned lux, HA 111, glass lens, and anti-reflection coating (thin).

It's a durn fine light. All of them are.

I own the L0P, L1P, and the L2P.

The L2P has superior regulation, but the smaller ones appeal a bit more.

darkknight

Newly Enlightened
I know most of the lights sold now should be 2.5's but I just want to be sure just in case the place I am getting it from has old stock. Is there any way to tell the difference between 2.0 & 2.5 L1P's by just looking at them, serial #'s exc?

Thanks

Somy Nex

Enlightened
the version 2.0 L1Ps have the label on the bezel. the v2.5s on the body. the v2.0 drives the led less hard than the v2.5, resulting in a slight drop in brightness but a disproportionately higher amount of runtime. the v2.5 drives the led harder, which gives you a little bit more brightness (since your eye can only detect changes logarithmically), but much less runtime. I have the v2.5, but imho, the 2.0 might be "better". of course if you implement a two-stage switch on the 2.5, this point becomes less valid.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
darkknight said:
Hey guys,

I'm new here and would just like to say the info you guys post is very helpful when deciding what new light to buy, thanks. My question is about the L1P mainly. Ive read there is different versions of this light 1.0, 2.0, 2.5 and am woundering how you tell them apart? I'm looking at getting one and would like to get the newest one 2.5 I think. Also, is there different versions with the L2P as well?

Thanks
4sevens sells all three(L0P, L1P, and L2P) and can provide as much information about them as you need. Here is a link to his group buy.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1176283#post1176283

I have seen all 3 at the same time and the output from the L2P is the greatest along with a longer run time. If you have medium to large hands the L2P fits nicely IMO.