Before I Open My Energ. 4xD Folding Lantern.....

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

just got back from target w/ the LED folding lantern and the florescent 4xD lantern....

but before I open the Florescent 4xD lantern...

Are there replacement florecent bulbs availble for this light? are these using a 'standard' type of florescent bulb that I can find at walmart/home depot... etc? also any ball park idea how long they'll last before they burn out?

Thanks!

Illum

Flashaholic
Re: Before I Open My .....

im pretty sure you can find the replacement bulbs

the life of the bulb is hard to estimate, My coleman rechargeable florscents only sees probably less than 6 hours / year worth of runtime...and after 10 yers of irregular use the original bulbs are still fully functionable...the lead acid battery is about dead at the moment.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have a couple of easy options. These bulbs are available under the Coleman name in the camping department of WallyWorld and and other places. about $5 a pair. These are the same exact lamps in a rather harsh color range.

Lowe's and Home depot sell lamps this size in a nicer warmer white for about $5 each.

I have and have had in the past, several lights that use these 4W tubes. I have never had one burn out.

Mark

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks flash gordon for your help! So these are 4W tubes?

goods: the 4xD was $12.99 and the LED was $5.99.... the LED lantern is so... not bad for the price...

looks like i got'a go to Sam's club and myself a pack of D's!