That's what you get for being cheap...

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
This morning I finally found the perfect beltholster for my Moto V3. But as it was $40 (shipping included) I thought screw that, it's too expensive and my phone hasn't been damaged so far with pocket carry. So I didn't order it.
This afternoon, I took out my phone, and there was this big scratch at the edge of the body :(

Needless to say, I ordered the holster anyway...

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats sucks, but what can you do its just a cellphone(write?). my freinds cell phone has been ran over a by a combine twice and it still works and my cell phone has been ran over by a set of sweeps before and it still works.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
MayCooper said:
Oh well, it's nothing a little touch up with a sharpie won't fix... Too bad they don't sell sharpie here in the netherlands... Guess I'll try with one of those permanent markers for writing on CD-Rs...
what they dont sell sharpeis there! that stinks! if me and you ever do busnus i will be sure and include some sharpies.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, this is the holster I ordered:

v3holster1.jpg

v3holster2.jpg

RebelRAM

Enlightened
FWIW, I know firsthand that cellphones do not survive:

1. Sliding off a pitched roof then down 20ft. and skidding out across a parking lot. Lots of little pieces.

2. Being left on a table out by the pool. They make tasty dog treats. All that was left was the battery.

3. Being used as a hammer.

4. Impacting the pavement at 30+MPH after hitting a dog with your motorcycle.

None of the above phones were mine, but I did witness these events.

So if your phone might experience any of these like events, you might should get a pelican case for your cell phone.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's only a Moto V3. It's not like it was an expensive phone. $40 is way too much for a holster like that. Where I live the V3 is free with a 3 year contract to the Phone company or $50 if you choose not to sign. $40 to protect $50 wouldn't make sense. It's a phone to be used and pocket carried. As long as it works that's all that really matters.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
tebore said:
It's only a Moto V3. It's not like it was an expensive phone. $40 is way too much for a holster like that. Where I live the V3 is free with a 3 year contract to the Phone company or $50 if you choose not to sign. $40 to protect $50 wouldn't make sense. It's a phone to be used and pocket carried. As long as it works that's all that really matters.

Not like it was an expensive phone?? Sure, you can get it for free with a contract, but what if your phone craps out on you and you have to buy another one and pay full retail... Also remember that I live in a wonderful place called the netherlands where we have 19% sales tax and everything is much more expensive usually at least double of what you pay in the US... In other words, for me it was an expensive phone. (150 euro + 19% tax = 178,50 euro = just over $225). Also mind that the $40 includes shipping from canada to europe. Why buy overseas? simply because over here they only sell the fashion holsters, which are crappy quality and offer little protection, or generic holsters which don't fit.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my phone retail (Samsung D820) when it first came out and I carry it in my pocket. The only thing it has a screen protector and it has no scratches(some hairline). I just don't carry it in the same pocket as my keys. I don't really mind if there are scratches as long as it works. Cell phone carriers over here also cover their phones for 1 year no matter what happens.

Point is not to get too worked up over it.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not getting worked up over it, I was just pointing out the irony in deciding not to buy a protective holster and scratching up my phone the exact same day. So I decide to buy the protective holster, to protect my phone from further damage.

To keep stuff in good condition might not be very important to you, but it is to me... I think your way of telling me 'not to get too worked up over it' is a bit belittling, as you know very little about me, or my situation, or how things work in the country where I live. But I do not mean to pick a fight, so enough about this...

From now on please only nice comments on how lovely the holster is :)

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
MayCooper said:
From now on please only nice comments on how lovely the holster is :)
ok, ok so it looks pretty nice and i think you made a great choice. the only think i dont like is that it is horizantal and not vertical wich i persanoly like. other than that i think you made a good choice. do you know where its made?

thanks!:)

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
benchmade_boy said:
ok, ok so it looks pretty nice and i think you made a great choice. the only think i dont like is that it is horizantal and not vertical wich i persanoly like. other than that i think you made a good choice. do you know where its made?

thanks!:)

I prefer the horizontal style holster for phones that flip open, like my V3. For the usual brick model phones I too prefer vertical. I don't know where it's made, but th company I ordered it from is based in Toronto... I'll check if there's a 'made in ...' on the packaging when I get it :)

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
MayCooper said:
I prefer the horizontal style holster for phones that flip open, like my V3. For the usual brick model phones I too prefer vertical. I don't know where it's made, but th company I ordered it from is based in Toronto... I'll check if there's a 'made in ...' on the packaging when I get it :)
sounds great, let us know how you like it when you get it. it looks pretty sturdy so i hope you like it.

HVAC

Newly Enlightened
Maycooper,
I feel your pain. I picked up a new Motorola i880 before the holiday's and sratched it up the first day. I had it between my legs when I was driving then when I jumped out SMASH onto the pavement. I would have thrown a fit but the parking lot was full of holiday shoppers. Now I put my phone back in the holster all the time when I'm done.
Cheers

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I learned the hard way too that a good holster for a cellphone is similar to having a good holster for a handgun.

You can have the best cellphone or handgun in the world.... doesn't do you much good if you don't have a quality holster that protects the finish, and lets you carry it around comfortably all day long.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a lovely holster! :)

I do mean that; it's pretty nice. I like the metal clip, as that's handy for putting it on or taking it off of a belt much more easily. It also looks like the clip has a decent shape to keep it on a belt, unless the belt is too wide. What belt width will the clip accomodate?

If you ever want me to send you some Sharpies or Maxpedition holsters (awesome stuff, BTW), drop me a PM.

Hey... we've discussed this before...

guntotin_fool

Newly Enlightened
I used to use nextel phones and i had one fall in a cooler, one slide off the dashboard and out the far window into the street, and another get dropped off a roof on to gravel back fill below, all three times the phone survived.

Left nextel, went to verizon and in the first year, i had 3 LG's and a Samsung eat the big one, finally got a 815 motorola and that one at least stays working.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the environments mine sees at times, I just use a real small, zippered camera case. Phone still looks as good as the day it came out of the box.