Anybody found an aspherical lense for the MRV?

Daekar

Enlightened
Per title - does anybody know of a lense that will fit on the MRV head without modification that will take the spill and turn it to throw? I've seen very favorable pictures of beams from an M1 that had this done and I was just curious. I have no idea what diameter the lense would have to be and lack any accurate way of measuring, that's why I ask...

That thing is already a throw-monster IMHO - it would be great to bring out the latent potential... :devil:

Daekar

Enlightened
:bump:

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I have a few measurements on the MRV head (dial calipers and a depth mic, both from work :twothumbs)

The outer, overall length of the MRV reflector is 1.2285" or 31.2039mm

The distance from the top of the mouth of the reflector to the inner flat at the bottom (the shiny flat part around the emitter) is 1.1993" or 30.4622mm

The lens has a diameter of approx. 1.6520" or 41.9608mm

The lens is about 0.0815" thick, or 2.0701mm

I'll start looking for an aspherical lens with the right focal length that might fit, but I imagine others might have more luck - I don't know where to start looking. Any help would be appreciated! :)

EDIT: Actually, I'd like some confirmation I've gone about this correctly... if I'm looking for a lens with a 31mm focal length and a 41mm diameter, would that be about right? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? The only thing I've found that might work (if I grind/sand off some of the edge) is THIS. Any input?

Last edited:

RustyKnee

Enlightened
I got my aspherics lenses from surplusshed. They have quuite a range. good prices too.

Stu