Kershaw pocket-clip : what tool do I need?

DM51

Flashaholic
I have a small Kershaw Chive knife which has a pocket-clip I would like to remove. It is attached by 2 screws which need a tiny 6-sided tool to fit. My eyes aren't too great at short distances, despite using a loupe to look at it, but it does not look like a normal hex-wrench shape, more like a 6-pointed star.

Does anyone know what it is, and what tool I need?

cutlerylover

Banned
yes, you need a Torx driver...Im not sure what size off hand, but you cna get a full set for under $10 at home depot, or Lowes...Good knives usually use Torx screws...sometimes you will see allen screws on nicer knives but for the most part the star shaped screws are whats used...So its called a TORX bit...Il mosy again when I know what size...I gotta dig out my chive and check for ya...Althought its better to spend the extra $2 or $3 to get a full set, but I believe you can buy the sizes seperately if needed...

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
The Husky 6-in-1 Torx bit driver is really nice. The T-3 and T-6 heads fit on pretty much all my knives.

DM51

Flashaholic
It looks almost identical to the one I just ordered here in the UK, although a different make (rolson).

DM51

Flashaholic
My favourite knife is an old Puma Game Warden, which I have had for ~35 years and has seen quite a bit of action. Looking around, I'm impressed with the quality of some of these newer designs and makes. I got this little Chive quite recently for its small size – very good blade, and small enough to EDC on a key-ring, using a McG mini-clip to attach it, which is why I don't need the pocket-clip.

cutlerylover

Banned
oh ok, I see...yeah the chive is a nice knife for the money...you can sometiems find them on the knife forums for $20 shipped...but they are not for sale very foten, probably because people like them, lol..Anyway Im glad to hear you ordered what you needed...Im sure that Puma served you well over the years, plus no screws to mess with on that one...with a little bit of care a good knife will last a lifetime!

carbonmetrictree

Newly Enlightened
Yup, what they said above. I have the 30pc Husky set and have used literally all of them at least once. Heck, with a torx 3 or 4, you could mod all of your lights in your cellphone!