Malkoff Installation ?

DonS2346

Newly Enlightened
According to Gene's instructions, the dropin should be positioned 1/4" + or - below the rim of the body on the D version. I can only get it to go 3/16" down so is this close enough? Sure hate to bother Gene with a DA question like this being a bootcamp and all.

Just had to fire it up and OH baby, scared the heck out of the dog.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
have you seen the video click to play ,its on left

just push in with screw driver and tighten , unless you have a copper version then rotate 180 degrees and push in

or also try loosening screw a bit more to let it drop so its not wedging

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to Gene's instructions, the dropin should be positioned 1/4" + or - below the rim of the body on the D version. I can only get it to go 3/16" down so is this close enough? Sure hate to bother Gene with a DA question like this being a bootcamp and all.

Just had to fire it up and OH baby, scared the heck out of the dog.

It should be no problem.

I just got a drop in for my 2C Maglite and my module sits all the way to the top of the battery tube. The module won't go down any further.

The light seems to be OK and the beam adjusts fine.

Irishsentry

Newly Enlightened
I tell you what if you still are not sure, you can't do any better than Gene for customer service, and my question I had for him was WAAY dumber.

Gene43

Enlightened
1/8 to 1/4 inch down from the lip of the body tube is fine for the D dropin. It will be about level with the lip on the C dropin. Oh and if you call, you're not bothering me. I live for you nuts! Birds of a feather flock together!

Gene

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
Words of one flashaholic to another.Special thanks to gene for makin our world go round :grin2: