Who carry lights on their neck?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering, who does it and what do you have there?

I just ordered an arc aaa, hope it's worth the money. I don't really know where to put it, so I may end up hanging it on my neck with paracord, not sure how that's gona work out, if it'll be too big, or comfortable.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I have one of these on a chain, does that count? Mine has a green tritium.
tiring20lv4.jpg

Made by member reefphilic original thread https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/142262 I've worn it continuously since receiving it from reefphilic
Norm

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Photon Freedom suspended on a Ti necklace along with the Ti tritium vial holder (like Norm's) as a last resort light because the Arc AAA that I discarded was far too obese and obtrusive to be at once comfortable and useful while carried in this manner.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a Turquoise Photon Freedom on 1Xcr2032 on a SS bead chain that has been shortened about as much as possible. I either carry the Covert model or one that I've altered myself that has a much tighter beam than the stock Covert. I'm kind of twitchy about things around my neck but the light is small, the chain is short and because it's a bead chain it's all 'weak link.'

RustyKnee

Enlightened
I carry my Fenix P1D CE on my work pass lanyad sometimes. I might wear my lummi Wee when it turns up.

Stu

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry my Arc AAA-P(CS) arround my neck, I never take it off. It's my most used light (because it's always with me).

AlexSchira

Enlightened
I've accumulated a small collection of Photon Freedoms, all with the split ring removed. I've been neck-carrying one for a couple years now, switching between a bead-chain and the included neck-cord. I did try carrying a ReX on the little snap-cord the charger comes with, but after a while people kept asking me if I had a really cool flash drive around my neck. There's no quick-release for it because of its size, and my home-made one just didn't cut it. The ReX has been negated to a knock-around light at work, the Freedom is my EDC during the day and a back-up at night.

Rzr800

Enlightened
Neck carrying the floody Zebralight gives you more light where you need it and allows a quick switch to the hand or elsewhere.

MrMom

Enlightened
Just wondering, who does it and what do you have there?

I just ordered an arc aaa, hope it's worth the money. I don't really know where to put it, so I may end up hanging it on my neck with paracord, not sure how that's gona work out, if it'll be too big, or comfortable.

I do the same with a Arc AAA while camping or hiking. I use a break away clasp on the paracord to be safe. It is very handy and easy to 'mouth' the light when the hands are full.

swampgator

Enlightened
Nothing spectacular, but I carry a Mag Solitaire on my ID lanyard while at work. It's come in handy as my boss is always needing a flashlight to find things that have fallen under her desk. After borrowing mine about a half a dozen times I finally gave her one of my spares. She carries hers on her ID badge also.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a Ti Draco on a neckchain most times. It's the one I have even when I'm in shorts and a T-shirt with no keys, wallet, or any of the pocket/belt carry options.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
Fenix E0 on a Paracord necklace for the last 2 years or so. Means you don't have to carry extra batts around. Built a "weak link" for the paracord.

Everett

Newly Enlightened
Photon Freedom. I found that visible cords always were noticed and questioned when I used them, so I have it hanging from some fairly light monofilament line. It's almost entirely invisible. I used a very tiny drill bit to put holes sideways through the walls of the lanyard hole and threaded the line through those so the light lies flat.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on my needs for the day I will often edc a lanyard carry flashlight around the neck on a quick release. It is highly convenient. The light is right where you need it.
The lights I carry in this manner are my TITAN and any of my McGizmo PD style lights. This wouldn't be the only light I carry. I would also carry a light like an E1B or a novatac as well in my pocket of course.
Yaesumofo

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Over the years I've tested/regularly worn each of the following as an EDC light on a beaded steel chain necklace:

-- Arc-P (AAA)
-- Peak Matterhorn HA 3 LED (AAA)
-- Fenix EO (AAA)
-- Fenix E1 (AAA)
-- Infinity Ultra-G (AA)
-- Inova X1 (AA)
-- Peak Kilimanjaro Brass 5 LED (AA)
-- Peak McKinley HA 7 LED (CR123)
-- Fenix P1 (CR123)
-- Fenix P1D-CE-Q5 (CR123)

All these fine lights have their plusses. However, the Arc is, by far, the best overall fit for my needs. It's not the brightest, but it IS...

1. The thinnest/shortest/lightest (tied w/EO and E1): hence, comfortable and unobtrusive. An Energizer L92 lithium battery makes it noticeably lighter.
2. The most reliable (though others may equal it... under perfect conditions).
3. The best "hanging." On a neck lanyard or chain, the little Fenixen hang crooked. The Arc hangs straight.
4. The easiest to turn on/off with wet/cold/old fingers (superior knurling + non-fiddly/fussy ergonomics). This point is especially critical when you need a little light FAST... and when your main light(s) are buried in some pocket.

(Being a street-wise Flashaholic, you DO carry at least 2 lights at all times, dontcha?)

We had a good thread here 2 years ago about which TYPE of necklace or lanyard was best. If the Search key is working, I urge you to check it out. As I recall, most concluded that the regular old beaded steel chain was the best variant of this carry method. It's already been field-tested by the military for many decades (dog-tag I.D. carry). It's "combat durable," low-cost (about $3 US @ any hardware store) and its break-away-ness makes it the safest by far. [If a mugger ever tries to strangle ya, it'll snap just about the time you're able to (a) wave your Please Don't Hurt Me "Peace" medallion at him while begging on bent knee for divine intervention by Sarah Brady or the Tooth Fairy, OR (b) plug him with your .38 snub-nose -- all subject to your ideology-based grasp on reality, of course.]

Sometimes I carry my Arc-P necklace under my shirt. However, I've taken to carrying it "out" after sundown... just so it's always Right There... even in dimly-lit restaurants where the menu's stylishly illegible. No need to be self-conscious or defensive about this, or bow in wimpy subordination to ditz-brained wives/gf's who think all tools/flashlights/guns/knives are Eeeuwww!Yucky!Dorky! Besides, before long, you'll have too many good How-My-Handy-Light-Saved-The-Day stories to tell all those snot-nosed, Un-Situationally-Aware sheeple and assorted Big-Brother-dependent, metrosexual fashion critics (all illumination-illiterate Nanny-Twit Victims-Of Unplanned-Surprises-In-Waiting).

Arc-P + beaded steel chain. It works.

skillet

Enlightened
Heres some pics of how I wear my light everyday.. I let my son stand in as the mannequin.

Please Note the oblong snap ring.. These are available from fishing supply places. It keeps the lanyard cord for "settling" into the dip where the ends of the loops are.. The cord can actually be cut by that. It is a notorious problem for fisherman using crank baits or the like.. This is a round split ring I "modified" with pliers.. I'm gonna order the real thing soon.. I may post some up on the forum if the folks like 'em..

I used a light colored shirt for detail. I usually wear a dark colored shirt and the lanyard is less noticeable.

Flashlight009.jpg

Flashlight008.jpg

Flashlight011.jpg