1AA suitable for an EverLED?

zmoz

Enlightened
Can someone point me in the direction of a 1AA flashlight that has a PR type bulb so I can just drop in a nice everled?

Raven

Enlightened
Someone could probably mod one out of an Infinity, but I think the EverLED needs a good reflector, which no 1aa is going to have.

Raven

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the new 1AA lights seem to use a T1 bulb (same as Solitaire). Some use an odd mini bulb with a flange at the bottom, like the ones in some promo packages of Duracells I saw at Best Buy today and the cheapie 1 AAA lights radio shack sold a year or so ago (and may be still).

Only 1AA PR I have is a VERY cheaply mis-made chinese model. The bulb is mounted way too far back, the filament being just barely up into the reflector cavity. Neat to have a 1-cell PR bulb, though. An EverLED does work in it a lot better than the bulb it comes with but is still too far back. I have no idea where to get this flashlight, it was a prize in a christmas tree "firecracker".

The EverLED works fine in a 2AA Ray-O-Vac industrial light that has a small faceted reflector. But, alas, the new version of that uses a minimag type bi-pin bulb.