Jetbeams from hkequipment

Centropolis

Enlightened
I was going to bid on a JetBeam Jet I IBS from this seller and just before I click on the confirm bid button, I noticed the image of the JetBeam Jet-I IBS they posted up on the auction shows the imprint of the letters on the head is "Jet-I MK I.B.S." while all the other images on JetBeam's website and BOG's site...the imprint on the head says "MK II I.B.S.".

Are there two different versions of the JetBeam IBS that takes 14500? Or it is the same light just different production batch? Or worse....a knockoff?

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
Selfbuilt pointed out in his review that they dropped the "II" for the production run. The picture they are showing is most likely the production model, rather than the engineering samples used in the early reviews and used for the pictures on JetBeams' website.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
hkequipment is very reliable, and has a phenomenal rating at ebay. I have bought from them in the past, and will not hesitate to buy from them in the future.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought Jet-I from 'hkequipment', it has "Jet-I MK I.B.S." and works just great! Crazy bright on 14500:D

Centropolis

Enlightened
Do you guys find this light with the relatively short runtimes compared to a L1D or a NDI that this is more of a WOW! light than a useful EDC? I am wondering because I buy a lot of my lights based on the usefulness when I go camping. If I can only get an hours of med brightness and 22 mins of max brightness, that means I will need to bring a lot of extra batteries.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
I'll toss in :thumbsup: for hkequipment as well. I just received a Raidfire Spear from hkequipment last night. No complaints here.
Now I'm just waiting for KD to ship my batteries and charger.
Getting back on the topic; that Jetbeam looks pretty nice. I may need to make another eBay order.

ronemca

Newly Enlightened
^ ^ How was your timeframe with HKe? I wrote them and asked them to ensure my A( was coming with a smooth ref., and they replied promptly...and added that I would get a tracking number shortly. Several days later -- and after 2 follow-up requests from me -- still no tracking number. I'm not worried, but geez!

Otoh, I hear that the HK post tracking numbers are not really much use. Apparently they only ever say "left HK" or something equally vague.

How long did yours take between payment & receipt of item?

cheetokhan

Enlightened
I paid on the 9th. I got an email from hkequipment on the 12th saying they had shipped it, but did not get any tracking number.
The light arrived sometime between the 19th and 22nd. I was not here when it arrived so don't know the exact date.
I have tracking numbers for outstanding orders from DX and KD right now and you're right that the tracking info provided by HonKong Post is useless. It just says something like "package was shipped". Not like UPS where you can see every stop along the way.

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine on the 16th, received an email that it will ship within 24-48hrs on the 18th, then yesterday I received another email with a tracking number. Once it is in the Canada Post system I will be able to track it. I will report back once I receive mine.

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
Got my Jet-1 MK IBS yesterday from hkequipment and I can say it is the real deal (confirmed by JETBeam) :twothumbs Very nice light, works perfectly. Oh, and one more thing..........

:faint:

:devil:

:bow:
This thing really is an output monster on 14500's!

fineday

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know there is only one I.B.S. series 1AA light from JetBeam. So no problem.

fluke

Enlightened
I ordered my Jet I R2 onj 15th got an email on 24th saying it shipped on the 23rd, but this was only after I mailed them asking for a tracking number.

It's not here yet, but I wait in hope, funny thing was they stated they ship 2-3 days after funds have cleared, well, Paypal cash is instant, and 8 days to ship is a bit long, but we will see how long it takes.

fluke

Enlightened
Got it today, all fine but has an OP reflector not SMO as I expected.

Also it had 2 manuals quoting completely different output and an Ultrafire pouch :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Centropolis

Enlightened
Got it today, all fine but has an OP reflector not SMO as I expected.

Also it had 2 manuals quoting completely different output and an Ultrafire pouch :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

That is really weird. 2 different manuals and an Ultrafire holster! haha I was planning to order a Jet-II from them and now I am having second thoughts!

fluke

Enlightened
That's what I thought, no pouch was mentioned in the in the specs.

Still I love the light, on Lithium primaries it is as bright as my Q5 P3DCE SMO on high.

Centropolis

Enlightened
That's what I thought, no pouch was mentioned in the in the specs.

Still I love the light, on Lithium primaries it is as bright as my Q5 P3DCE SMO on high.

You got the Jet-I Pro (non-IBS) right? Do you think it has a usable spill? It's definitely a thrower but I want to know if it has good enough spill cuz mostly I am using my flashlights hiking and camping and even night canoing.

fluke

Enlightened
The version I have with the light Orange Peel has some decent spill on it, it is still a thrower, but I need throw over spill, I need to contact Jetbeam I think.