Surefire L1 clicky option?

chaoss

Enlightened
I recently did a search here for a momentary/clicky switch for the L1 and found out that nobody is making this as an aftermarket option. Is this something that anyone here would like to have installed on their L1?
Maybe a clicky won't work with the L1 or if it did perhaps it would only run on high.
Could a Surefire expert please chime in and explain this to me?
Thanks for your time.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned SF L1's since they came out, I currently have one of the very early ones (SN A00130) and one of the latest ones. I don't recall of anyone making a clicky switch for the L1, it likely wouldn't be easy because of the interface. Why not just get a new SF E1B or E1L? Both are single cell dual-stage SF lights with clickie switches and both are less expensive than an L1. Personally I'm perfectly happy with the switching method on my L1's and A2.

Zenster

Enlightened
For the life of me, I don't know why you'd want to change the L1 to be a clicky. :shakehead
It's UI is unique among Surefires, and many of us buy the L1 specifically for it's UI.

The simple answer to the OP question is yes, they do make a clicky for the L1. It's called a "Surefire E1L", and as I sit here at my desk and shine both the L1 and the E1L on the other side of the room, the beams on high are so close as to not make any practical difference, and the beams on low are noticeably different (L1 being brighter) but still not a "practical use" difference.

Don't be messin' with my L1. It's UI is perfect just the way it is. :tsk: :wave: