E to C adaptor with Surefire E1e....

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just enjoy the 1 cell cr123 setups.....
Surefire E1e with Malkoff M30 and soon Malkoff P7 drop-in with protected AW's. Here is a 6P and 3P for size comparisons. The last picture has a Pentagon 1 cell set-up with a DX Q5.
Anyone else lighting it up lately with 1 cell frankensteins????????

PC190175.jpg
PC190174.jpg

PC170165.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That E-C adaptor on your E1E with a C-series bezel is a sweet set-up. Probably the easiest way for someone to run Gene's M30 in a Surefire light. (Unless they have an actual SF 3P).

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell me about it - I've got a custom "3P" on order. I'm also going to pick up an E2C adapter once TNC restocks.

Until then, I've got an M30 burning a hole in my shelf. :crazy:

-Trevor

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell me about it - I've got a custom "3P" on order. I'm also going to pick up an E2C adapter once TNC restocks.

Until then, I've got an M30 burning a hole in my shelf. :crazy:

-Trevor

A Surefire 3P(clone) looks more balanced, but when you grip the thin E1e with the bigger 6P head it feels better. By better I mean it feels more like griping a screwdriver handle. I get a better sense that it will not go out of my hand. The E1e with the adaptor and 6P head will be a tad longer then a 3P Surefire.:confused:

A bad thing about it is that the E1e w/ the 6P and the M30 make it top heavy:whistle: You won't be able to clip it in your pocket anymore because it will just fall out. I took off the stock clip and was playing around with how to put a longer one, but still havent figured it out yet.

Also, I had what I thought was an odd encounter with a peace officer. He happen to pop out his 4 Cell stock maglight. I took out my little Frankeinsurefire and said "you need to look into one of these" The officer didn't say a word. Not even hello back. Apparently I must have hit a soft spot. The officer just stared me down. I felt bad as if I had done something wrong, but I just wanted to help. Oh, well can't help them all.

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of reasons for that kind of reaction - some good, some bad.

-Trevor

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Left to right:

E1L body with OpticsHQ/TLS E2 replacement head and old E2 tailcap
E1L body with KL4 head and Aleph flattop tailcap
FiveMega 1x16340 body with SureFire 6Z bezel and 6P tailcap
SureFire parts 3P (all SF parts)
SureFire L4 with E2C adapter, SureFire 6P anti-roll bezel, and Aleph flattop tailcap (but using a tall rubber boot)

SureFiresinglecelllightsandL4withE2.jpg

A comparison of a SureFire 3P with the SF parts 3P:
SureFirefactory3Pvsparts3Preduced.jpg

The SF parts 3P disassembled:
SureFireparts3Pdisassembledreduced.jpg

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Justin Case: you have some really great looking single cells. I hope to one day have the wear and tear indicative of EDC:thumbsup:
Mr. Justin Case what is the "SF parts 3P", I see its clearly shorter in lengh, but haven't concluded on what you mean. It looks like a 3P to me.

Also. Here is my Pentagon single cell with a Surefire twistie/reverse clickie mod from DX donor. The Pentagon light now is shorter then the E1e with adaptor.:twothumbs

Today I finally got the P7 drop-in from Malkoff. Now my Single series have a true 600-700 lumen w/flood to spare..............:eek::ohgeez::eek::sick2::twothumbs
I will post a review on the P7 drop-in later, all I can say is that it is incredible.
PC220188.jpg
PC220185.jpg

PC220182.jpg

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is everyone getting these Malkoff P7 drop-ins already? I emailed Gene last week and he stated they were still a ways out for production.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is everyone getting these Malkoff P7 drop-ins already? I emailed Gene last week and he stated they were still a ways out for production.

The previous person that posted a review about them had a slightly different looking type of P7 design then the one Gene made me. Without a doubt he is still working out the details to make the beam Malkoff quality. I think the beam is perfect, but I am not a professional like Gene. I will post pictures in a new thread with beamshoots or a video.
Merry Christmas to all,
bigchelis

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my Pentagon single cell with a Surefire twistie/reverse clickie mod from DX donor. The Pentagon light now is shorter then the E1e with adaptor.:twothumbs
PC220182.jpg
Is that pentagon light a 3P clone? Do the threads match 3P for the head and tail?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Mr. Justin Case what is the "SF parts 3P", I see its clearly shorter in lengh, but haven't concluded on what you mean. It looks like a 3P to me.

I could be wrong, but I think he means he got the needed spare parts to put together his own 3P. (I did the same thing with my SF E1E. I legoed it together from spare parts. Bezel off of an E2E, tailcap & body bought from another CPFer, and running an LF lamp in it).

Also. Here is my Pentagon single cell with a Surefire twistie/reverse clickie mod from DX donor. The Pentagon light now is shorter then the E1e with adaptor.:twothumbs

Be sure to hold onto that PentagonLights body & bezel, cause there isn't likely to be anymore coming soon or possibly ever.

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pentagon light will fit any "C" tail. The head however has to be the Pentagon head, but any P60 drop-in fits perfect. Even the DX Cree Q5's and R2's fit like a glove. :thumbsup:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
any P60 drop-in fits perfect. Even the DX Cree Q5's and R2's fit like a glove. :thumbsup:

It looks like the P60 pill design is going to become a de facto standard - it looks a lot like the Pelican LED modules as well.

-Trevor

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding the L4 on the end, can you still use the pocket clip with the C-series head?
Sure. I like to carry in the left rear pocket, where I clip the light vertically in the corner. What is your concern that the clip might not be useable?

Although not asked about, I don't use the clips on the E1L-based lights. For me, the bodies are too short and they don't stay in the pocket as securely as I prefer. They have a tendency to shift around sideways or sometimes "out of the plane" of my back pocket (and the light ends up still clipped but bezel down and tail hanging out).

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Justin Case: you have some really great looking single cells. I hope to one day have the wear and tear indicative of EDC:thumbsup:
The parts 3P is not a factory product. It is made up of individual SureFire parts that, when assembled, emulate a 3P. It looks like a 3P because that was the intent -- to build a single cell 6P. I put this together almost 15 years ago before SureFire ever had an actual 3P on the market. SureFire had R30 lap assemblies for 3V weaponlights, but they didn't have a handheld host at the time.

The trick was that there was no single cell body tube part available at the time. That needed component is composed of two separate parts, which you can see in the disassembled parts photo.

The parts 3P might be shorter because I think I had a LOTC on the 3P. I'll have to dig out the genuine 3P and take a new photo with the factory 3P tailcap on it.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sure. I like to carry in the left rear pocket, where I clip the light vertically in the corner. What is your concern that the clip might not be useable?

The OP mentioned not being able to use the clip on his modded E1E. I was hoping that the added extra length of a 2xCR123 E-series body would make all the difference. Thanks for letting me know that it does. :thumbsup:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
For humor value, I'm going to try my T-62 TurboHead on a 3P host (or even maybe an E1L body with an E2C). I have one of AW's tower kits with a Seoul P4 U2 bin, so it may produce decent output with one Li-ion cell.