What are these? and Can I buy them?

jtice

Flashaholic
Are the second and third lights from the left for sale?

Where at? Are they any good?

site1024.JPG

jtice

Flashaholic
Hmmmm, ok seems like they are Larry's.

OK who is this Larry? Hell of a light maker it seems !

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
those are the larry lights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

the first in line is obviously an arc ls, next is larry's "small 123" third is larry's "small cr2" fourth is an arc aaa (as you know), and fifth is a larry-modified arc n /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

helluva light maker indeed! helluva nice guy too!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
Close! The second from the left is the FireFly light, formerly the small 123/LS light currently being planned for a limited run this summer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Larry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif (tvodrd) is the designer and engineer of that magnificant light. One of the prototypes just sold at auction here on CPF for over US$600! The limited run version should go for 1/5 to 1/6 of that price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The third one over is an even smaller light Larry has been working on that uses the CR2 rather than the CR123a battery. At this time there are no firm plans to produce it, BUT I suspect that it will also see at least a limited run once the FireFly run is completed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You obviously have an eye for fine lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Join the panting line of folks waiting for the FireFly, join in the discussion about it, have fun, and help us convince someone to do the MiniFly, too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

tomsig03.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
These lights are being discussed more fully in our Homemade and Modified Lights forum. I'll move the thread there for you.