Maxpedition - Knives and Tools
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 4

Default Re: Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 4

Hi Scott, any progress on my bezel's ? How many month (years...) has it been now ?
    As mention before at an early stage, the prime concern is the KL3-HA project....
    Take care,
    PA

Quote Originally Posted by Per Arne View Post

Hi Scott, any progress on my bezel's ? How many month (years...) has it been now ?
    As mention before at an early stage, the prime concern is the KL3-HA project....
    Take care,
    PA
    Per Arne, your KL3 has been done for a month. I sent you PM saying as much, and confirming your shipping info. Did you receive it?

Will re-send ASAP.

Edit: Finished since March 23rd. Look for my PM from around that date.

Here's a screenshot of the label, which I'll also send in the PM re-send...

Last edited by milkyspit; 05-24-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    --Scott

Hi Scott.

Would appreciate an update regarding the L1 project, when you get a chance. Thanks.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Hi Scott

You mentioned my builds are almost done - if you have sent me a PM regarding final payments and shipping info I haven't got it.

Thanks

Pauli

Pms sent, thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hi Scott Any M1 news??

Well here is a project. I had been after a Gotham for a while - I really like the 1x18650 format and thought the Gotham was a really nice light, but I wanted to take it down a notch. So mid-November 2009 I bought a Gotham and had it shipped directly to modamag's exotic coating run. I had it HAIII coated in "Audi A4 grey" - sometimes it looks like a hint of blue in it and sometimes it doesn't. I had asked for the bezel ring to be AlTiN coated, but that didn't happen. I don't think Jonathan will run another coating run - I hate to think of how many thousands of little peices he had coated. I ended up with someone else's very similar tailcap (HAII bright orange) and we swapped them back. Anyway - that was roughly a year before I saw the Gotham. When I got it back I think I had it for less than a week before I sent it off to Scott. I was looking for warmer & I had an L1 Arnor build with a warm MC-E in it, so we opted to go with that. there was alot of discussion back and forth and Scott ended up exceeding my expectations by using the reflector he chose (Ledil Boom?). I am a big fan of the multi-LED with optic heads (Moddoo/ElectronGuru, VanIsleDSM) where it's not a spot and it's not a flood, but somewhere in between. That is what Scott ended up with here.

Excuse the lousy pictures, I got the light about 2 weeks ago, but have done too much travel since then; Canada, El Salvador, Miami and now headed back up to Canada (Winnipeg) and was only able to remember where the bezel ring was (Scott put on a temporary one as I sent the light before I got the bezel ring back) yesterday, but it was raining outside. Tail of the tape - not a good enough photo of it.

Maybe Scott will kick in with comments on what he did inside.

Anyway - a project almost 2 years in the making (and I should have cleaned the light up before taking photos).....

And my standard "white door" shot from about 6 feet away.

Milky,
    PM sent

Bump...

Hi Scott.... Haiku and Gosling.... any updates or estimates on completion date? Where and when to send funds??? Thanks Karl
    Karl H. Riedel III. Realtor and a WHOLE lot more!

Buttrock Re: Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 4

Neale...SWEET! Best Gotham I've seen yet! Well done to all involved on that project!

Hi Scott,

Just seen the PM you sent me re my Gotham, XM-L sounds great

Please emty out your pm box so I can reply

Thanks

Mike
    You don't win friends with salad!

Hey Milky, sent you an email cause your pm box is full.

Good night, and happy modding!
    I love my HDS/Ra Clicky... My only wish would be a 5th(accessible thru a 2click press) mode, and a 2AA tube.

Sent you one as well, Scott.

You mentioned you'd be completing my L1 over the weekend. That was two weeks ago.

Please e-mail or PM me when you get a chance. Thank you.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

This thread needs a table of contents The first page is in 2009. Can anyone point me towards a more recent listing of projects?

Scott, can you do a triple xml with a 4500, 4250 & 4000 K LEDs? Can you make it continuously variable? What battery configuration would you need? Would 3 parallel 18650s work? 2S 26650 or 32650?

Do you do plain ol emitter swaps?

Hi Scott...sent you a Surefire LX2 to butcher for what we discussed in your email. I figured it had a big head with lots of room for you to work your magic. Please use Copper and dial in Flood SUPER BRIGHT XML Thanks my friend! Karl

Scott PM me your number. haven't heard anything from you in a long time. We should talk.

I have a milky triple room sweeper E1. triple cree xpg on one imr. 600 lumens in an E1 body.

Quote Originally Posted by efi5hd View Post
    I have a milky triple room sweeper E1. triple cree xpg on one imr. 600 lumens in an E1 body.
    Nice! Got any pics?

Bump....

Hi Folks,

I already dropped an e-mail to Scott, but given that he hasn't been active in a couple weeks I figure I might give a shot here.

I have a Triple XPG custom light using the Acorn NR "Elendil" Firmware that had a UI that was more or less identical to this:

However, I'm not sure what I did, but the light now operates in an entirely different mode that goes like:
    Click = High
    3 Clicks = High Strobe
    5 Clicks = Medium(which also goes into a medium strobe with 3 clicks)
    Another 5 clicks will move back to High mode.

I've tried 10, 20, 30, and 40 clicks but that doesn't seem to alter the mode settings. I'm trying to move it back into the Tactical UI.

Edit:
    Found a mode change at 80 clicks, which seems to go from UltraLow-->Low-->Medium-->High. Another 80 clicks switches back. The UI above seems to have evaporated, or I'm not clicking it enough.
    Last edited by Noctis; 07-16-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
    Hi Folks,

I already dropped an e-mail to Scott, but given that he hasn't been active in a couple weeks I figure I might give a shot here.

I have a Triple XPG custom light using the Acorn NR "Elendil" Firmware that had a UI that was more or less identical to this:

However, I'm not sure what I did, but the light now operates in an entirely different mode that goes like:
    Click = High
    3 Clicks = High Strobe
    5 Clicks = Medium(which also goes into a medium strobe with 3 clicks)
    Another 5 clicks will move back to High mode.

I've tried 10, 20, 30, and 40 clicks but that doesn't seem to alter the mode settings. I'm trying to move it back into the Tactical UI.

Edit:
    Found a mode change at 80 clicks, which seems to go from UltraLow-->Low-->Medium-->High. Another 80 clicks switches back. The UI above seems to have evaporated, or I'm not clicking it enough.
    @Noctis, you emailed me at 3am when I was asleep. I replied at 9am with text as follows, in case it might be helpful to others:

You have the 'Elendil' firmware, which has a little more than the diagram lists. It's designed to work with a dual stage tailswitch and to do that, has a UI which activates by doing 80 clicks in a row. Sounds like you did that by accident... and if so, the fix is simple: do 80 clicks (actually, I'd do more... maybe 90 or so to be safe) to get back to the behavior you want. Let me know how that works for you. Hope that helps.
    Edit: The above UI has not evaporated. You left it entirely when you accidentally did 80 clicks to go to the dual stage tail compatibility UI. When you did 80 clicks to get back, all the above was again present.
    Last edited by milkyspit; 07-16-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    --Scott

Scott, I'd really appreciate it if you'd send me an e-mail reply regarding the L1 project.

Last update I got from you was that you'd be finishing it up over the weekend. But that was a few weeks ago. Not sure what's happening now.

@Monocrom, email sent.

I'm sorry, gentlemen, some of the builds have been progressing more slowly than I would have liked. I've avoided posting much here in that it didn't seem right to spend the time to post (which can be considerable) when some of you have been waiting for so long. In hindsight, that was also a mistake: people like to have a "heartbeat" at least, to know that there is progress. I'm sorry to all for my lack of foresight in that.

@Paulinski, I will be in touch later this afternoon or evening... family is going to a cousin's picnic first. I'd call if you prefer, just PM or email me if you'd prefer that.

@KellyGlanzer, got your message and will contact you ASAP.

@SgtLed, think I've got yours licked. If you want a different LED at this point, though, we should talk.
    --Scott

@KarlHeinz, your LX2 is finished. I was able to fit it in while working on some similar lights. I'll email later with the details.
    --Scott

. . . .
    The best weapon in the world is a flashlight. . . . Why? . . . So you can look deep into the other guy's eyes.

Scott

Tried PM you but your box is full. Please e-mail me at pkrysztofiak@gmail.com

Thanks

Paul

E-mail received and reply sent. Thank you, Scott.

I must admit that you're right about the whole heartbeat thing. We do enjoy seeing your posts in this excellent topic.

Hey there Scott! I sent you an email

No
    No changes, nothing different from what I called and spoke to you about over the phone a year ago.
    Neutral to slightly warm XP-G

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast