Hydrographic lights

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Often wondered why we hardly ever see the use of Hydrographics on Led lights.

Any member any to show?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
You can have some really crazy designs and graphics doing that but no it's not near as tough as good ol HA.
Unless something new has come along I'm unaware of.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean water transfer printing, right? I can't imagine it's as durable as anodizing.

Correct but many members are collectors rather than users.I visit an Air gun forum which is another hobby of mine and many members on there buy these guns and actually use them and with care they stand up to the rigors of a decent days shooting and as we spend in my case a small fortune and others spend a huge amount on led lights only lights on here I have seen has been some Kevlar look printing on a Maglite some time ago.

This UK company does a lot of air rifles for members on my other hobby forum.
Link given purely to showcase what Hydro graphic printing is to members who know nothing about it like me back in time as a newbie.

Must admit I would love to have a couple of mine done and I will look into the cost of it.

http://www.hydro-graphics.co.uk/index.php

mko1024

Newly Enlightened
Re: Anyone doing this for flashlights?

There are several shops in my area that do that for firearms; stock, barrel and all. Camo patterns and the like are popular. I'm sure they could do that on a flashlight body though not on the knurling.

kj2

Flashaholic
Re: Anyone doing this for flashlights?

That looks really cool :D
Could see this on a very limited run on a light. Something ultra limited, like only 10-25 made.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did you order one Ben ? Digital camo would be cool.
I think it would be hard to do a round item like a light all the video's that I have seen they are doing items with a spare vacant side. What would the part look like were the two sides meet ?

Does anybody know if this is how they did the Surefire Special addition Abel lights ? I have a few and the finish on them is really nice.

:wave:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you order one Ben ? Digital camo would be cool.
I think it would be hard to do a round item like a light all the video's that I have seen they are doing items with a spare vacant side. What would the part look like were the two sides meet ?

Does anybody know if this is how they did the Surefire Special addition Abel lights ? I have a few and the finish on them is really nice.

:wave:

Hi William.
I didn't order one just yet.
With lights, you can dip from the tail end down first and fully submerging it at the neck. I think it can be done.