H51W help UI ??

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
Hello Zebralight experts! I just had a shiny new H51W delivered and I love the light! Neutral tint is increditable! I have a question about the UI. I can't seem to get the strobe function to work? If anyone can explain how to activate the Strobe in simple terms I'd greatly appreciate it. This there a flow chart for this light floating around anywhere?

nzbazza

Enlightened
From Off... single short click to enter high mode, then 6 double clicks (with the light changing between modes H1 and H2 with each double click) will enter you into the mode that rotates between the three H2 levels by additional double clicks: 140lm, 100lm and strobe. Once the right level is reached it can be memorised for the H2 mode by switching off the light with a single short click.

So for example I normally have H2 set on the 100lm mode: switching on the H51w in high gives me the H2 mode, then 6 double clicks gives me H1, H2, H1, H2, H1, H2, then another double click gives me H2 again (100lm) then another double click gives me 140lm mode, another double click gives me strobe.

Normally when selecting the high mode the light selects the last used used mode either H1 or H2, but if strobe mode is saved for H2 the light will start in H1 when high mode is chosen.

I think there may be a flowchart for the ZL UI floating around but it possibly have been for one of the handheld lights SC50/51??? Anyway the UI is the same as the H51.

saypat

Enlightened

Hi. GoingGear also said that you need a 'fresh battery' to program the strobe for whatever that's worth.

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
Thanks very much! Worked like a dream! I tried follow the directions in the box but they were vage at best. The light is just what I was looking for. I still have an H50 that is going strong too.
Cheers!
Heli

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi. GoingGear also said that you need a 'fresh battery' to program the strobe for whatever that's worth.

That's just because once the battery is near the end of its charge the light only works in med and low.