• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Logan Optic Melted

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone else experienced this? The base of the plastic dome covering the LED in my cool XP-G Logan head has melted. There is now a pool of plastic at the bottom of the reflector. Purchased from Oveready and it has been replaced once because of similar issues. I only ran it on a AW 17500 battery and the head became too hot to handle.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The very reason I want a Mule Peak Logan in HiCri tint. Then I welcome those 1.4A~1.6A to the LED anyday.

Small lights with alot of watts tend to create alot of heat, but the good thing is at least you noticed the thermal transfer. Some lights, even big size ones miss this important architecture all together.

Glad Oveready came through!!

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it was replaced once, but I have yet to receive word from OR for this head. Crossing fingers.

Interesting you mentioned the bigger lights, the NP300A has the same XP-G LED and its fins and grooves dissipate heat very nicely.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old thread, but I missed the last comment back in December. I believe I ran it in 5~10 minute intervals on an AW 17500. I alternated between holding it in my hand and letting it free stand. I started to notice the beam shape warp. I thought it was just me, so for the sake of experiment I decided to run it a little longer. Eventually it got to the point where the beam became unrecognizable. I looked down the bezel and there was a pool of melted clear plastic. I no longer run my Logan on high for more than 10~20 seconds on a 17500.