• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

17mm AA battery sleeves in a G3 + AN14

benthiccracker

Enlightened
I am using a Oveready 17x100 AA battery sleeve in a G3 running a M31. Works great! I added a AN14 adapter and a 17x50 AA sleeve plus an extra cell and it is too short to make contact with the bottom of a M61 dropin. I added a magnetic spacer of two different lengths to get it to reach and nothing. Any ideas? I love that little Slim 1450 tube I got in the same order j/s...

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a bit unclear: is the sleeve the problem or is it the extra cell? I was actually planning on doing a G3 with that same sleeve on an M31-something

benthiccracker

Enlightened
I'm a bit unclear: is the sleeve the problem or is it the extra cell? I was actually planning on doing a G3 with that same sleeve on an M31-something
I have a G3 with the 17x100mm AA sleeve. With two AA cells it works fine with my M31W. When I put on a AN14 extension (50mm) and I put in a 17x50mm AA sleeve in that and add a 3rd AA cell it isn't long enough to make contact with the M61N that I am trying to run. I tried a couple different magnetic spacers and it still doesn't work even though it feels like it's making contact. I think i am going to try a Oveready 15mm spacer for 17mm bodies and see how that works.