FF4 super high at 3m: 49700 lux
FF4_3m_sh.jpg

FF4 super high at about 1.5m: 199600 lux
FF4_1.5m_sh_limit_broke.jpg

FF4 super high <1.5m: exploded
FF4_1m_sh_broke.jpg

yifu

Enlightened
Holy moly 500K lux from a HID that fits in your pocket, 6000+ lumens to boot and costing 250 dollars! A BarnBurner that was many times bigger and expensive is only what 700K lux? I need to save up money for this. Thanks for the figures.

jalal20

Enlightened
would the Lux amount measured be higher or lower at 8m? I just wanna compare the lux reading to OMG lights where he measures them at 8m distance

Fresh Light

Enlightened
I think he is showing the lux being pretty consistent right about 450K Lux at 1 meter. Which would give you just over 7K lux at 8 meters.

jalal20

Enlightened
I think he is showing the lux being pretty consistent right about 450K Lux at 1 meter. Which would give you just over 7K lux at 8 meters.
yeah but saabluster measures his lux at 8 meter and they are wayy higher, like the Deft X hits 900k Lux at 8 meters, so is the 450k lux FF4 gives out is way lower the 450K Lux that saabluster lights output?

Fresh Light

Enlightened
I should also add I don't know if a correction factor of maybe 20% may need added to those numbers. The 204K Lux he's showing on the FF3 is 9% lower than some of the established numbers here.

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Awesome!! I have already reordered mine and cant wait until it gets here!!

rufus001

Enlightened
yeah but saabluster measures his lux at 8 meter and they are wayy higher, like the Deft X hits 900k Lux at 8 meters, so is the 450k lux FF4 gives out is way lower the 450K Lux that saabluster lights output?

Saabluster measures his lux at 8 meter and then converts it back to 1m. So it isn't actually 900k at 8 metres.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
One concept to remember is that the lux at one meter, for the newer, more powerful throwers, can't BE measured AT one meter, as the beam focus has not converged yet. There is a point, some distance from the lens, where the beam has converged, and represents the beam that will be continuing down range to the distant target.

For example, if you shine a triple LED light on a wall, you might see a clover pattern made up of the three LED's and their respective reflectors. If you back up from the wall, the clover disappears, and you see a single, converged, beam.

Its the same for a single LED in a reflector as well, it takes some distance for the light sent from the reflector to form the final beam.

That all means that to get that hallowed lux at one meter value, you must take a measurement far enough away from the lens to have allowed beam convergence. That can be 3 meters, or 8 meters, or even 15 or 20 meters, depending on the light itself.

We then interpolate back to what it WOULD BE at one meter as a mathematical value, rather than as an actual measurement. The reason for that is because listing lux at one meter is useful for predicting the full throw range of the light, and for facilitating convenient comparisons with a standard measurement range....and, the lux at one meter = cd.

:D

So, we measure lux at whatever distance, and then calculate what it would be at one meter, and then publish the lux at one meter/the cd of the light.

A manufacturer can then take the cd, and publish an ANSI throw range based upon it. (No one actually MEASURES the throw at that max range...its always calculated)

yifu

Enlightened
that makes more sense thanks :)
All waves follow the inverse square law so the DEFT X would be 900,000/ 8^2 = 14K lux, compared to the 8K lux that the FF4 puts out. In other words the FF4 has 60% or more of the throw of the DEFT-X and around 10 times the output, while being smaller and doing it all with a orange peel reflector, lux would be quite a bit higher with a smooth reflector which i am sure some around here would experiment with. HIDs are still superior to LEDs if you are talking about output :devil:

Last edited:

yifu

Enlightened
My mistake, the FF3 had an OP reflector, but still, 500K lux and 6000+ lumen is amazing. In the LED world you need like 5 Olight SR90s to match the output and throw of 1 FF4... Finally, we've got PH50 level of output and throw in a pocket light, and an affordable one at that:thumbsup:

Last edited:

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
My mistake, the FF3 had an OP reflector, but still, 500K lux and 6000+ lumen is amazing. In the LED world you need like 5 Olight SR90s to match the output and throw of 1 FF4...

They should make that!!! I would buy it!! :devil:

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Ehmm the FF4 is already out for 210 plus shipping...Just go buy it! I'm still saving up for it.

No I was talking about 5 Olight SR90's together. And I dont think the FF4 is released yet right? Not until the middle of the month??? I have already ordered the FF4 just waiting on it to be shipped.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Some impressive initial reports here! I'm watching with much anticipation for beamshots and other comparative data. :)

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Patriot. Just order it so we can have a good YouTube video of beam shots and data!! Besides your desk of lights wouldn't be complete w/o it. :)

one2tim

Enlightened
Really looks like this will be the most throw and output crammed in a cola size light possible for long time ahead.