If you could only have one Vinh light...

Elkhunter

Newly Enlightened
Tk75vn KT. Great all around light. And its small for the brightness and throw it puts out. It can tailstand so great for indoors also.

ven

Flashaholic
Too tough of a question as i love them all(corny maybe but i am being honest),but it would be "probably"out of the tk75vn and mm15vn i guess:thinking: and i could not pick out of those being honest.The tk61vn i love pretty much the same though as its just an awesome thrower,but its not as much a general use light as the tk75vn for my uses..........this thread should be closed :laughing: my brain is hurting now:p

You need a minimum of 10 vinh lights with no max:D so working on that:D

I love my smallest vinh light the d25cvn,they are all special in their own way..............

Too much variety,not realistic to pick out of a thrower or flooder etc as thats down to personal preference,does not mean that light is better! just for the owner it is.......

But i have tried to answer the question my best,i almost just did not reply so i have tried;)

The light i have with the biggest novelty factor regarding WOW flood and in actual usefulness , right now for me is the mm15vn..........its just simply astonishing what it puts out for its size,the matte black,green N ............just love the package.

TK75vn is just a superb light anyway in standard form,4400lm ish...........its an amazing light,great UI and a lot more user friendly over the mm15vn imho(the mm15vn is good,just not as good as fenix UI imo).

Wont waffle on any more :laughing:

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess what I'm really asking is what's the best all rounder?
A good balance between flood, throw, & size.

Perhaps a better question is what's the best vinh light for EDC?

I too would love to own them all but simply don't have the cash.

ven

Flashaholic
For a good all rounder imho is the tk75vn and KT version on 4x 18650 cells,it is some peeps edc like robertos for walking capo so for all round,good throw,good flood(well pretty awesome at everything tbh) then tk75vn KT

For an edc that you dont know is there, like in pants or coat for example,then the d25cvn ti are good options on IMR16340 cells.........tiny and powerful,but only in short bursts on turbo.....

If it does not need to be quite that small there are other single 18650 vn lights.
There is the pd35vn
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?384781-WTS-PD35vn-RCB-2

Which imo would make an awesome edc
If there is a specific light you have in mind its worth a pm to vinh asking if he could mod one to suit your own personal needs/preference.If he can he will!!! simple as that,the guy is awesome.

I would have a look through here
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?371949-V54-Light-List

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto.
Check out the Vinh list and see what you want instead of what we want.
A lot of factor to consider and what are your priorities: cost, size, cells, etc..

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I've already ordered a TK35UEvn and a PD35vn :grin2:

Just asking out of interest really, plus thinking of a future purchase once I've saved some $$$

ven

Flashaholic
Well I've already ordered a TK35UEvn and a PD35vn :grin2:

Just asking out of interest really, plus thinking of a future purchase once I've saved some $$$

pd35vn really appeals to me,dont get me wrong the tk35 ue does too but i have a tn35vn and mm15vn for my mtg2 fix so no real nead for the tk35 for me(just personal that all but admit its more carry/edc friendly)

Trouble is i have lots of 18650 lights(not vn) so i am at a stage of now more careful purchases,lights like mm15vn are a no brainer to me as its a monster flooder.
But the pd35vn looks a really special light(well it is,lets be honest:D) so no doubt i will get one at a later date..........

Congrats by the way,enjoy:twothumbs

Are these the 1st 2 vn lights you have purchased?

If so.................you have had it,now you will have to set aside vinhfunds :laughing: as i find its an addiction in itself :D

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these the 1st 2 vn lights you have purchased?

If so.................you have had it,now you will have to set aside vinhfunds :laughing: as i find its an addiction in itself :D

Yes & yes (already checking the vn forum every 15 minutes for new lights/sales)

Been away from CPF for a few years and thought I'd look in to see how technology has advanced. Back in the early years the Arc AAA was the ultimate EDC and Luxeon star LEDs were just coming onto the mainstream market.

Well a couple of weeks back and about $400 spent already :ohgeez:

Back to flashlight rehab for me!

ven

Flashaholic
Yes & yes (already checking the vn forum every 15 minutes for new lights/sales)

Been away from CPF for a few years and thought I'd look in to see how technology has advanced. Back in the early years the Arc AAA was the ultimate EDC and Luxeon star LEDs were just coming onto the mainstream market.

Well a couple of weeks back and about $400 spent already :ohgeez:

Back to flashlight rehab for me!

:laughing: well i thought about going to the flashlight rehab and i have been told its the thought that counts!!! so i am sorted :laughing:

Its a nice welcome back then in style:D

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite is probably the K40vn. The MM15vn is awesome, and definitely my strongest flooder by a wide margin, but I can't say the TM26 is a slouch...I could get by. The K40vn throws like nothing else I have, though. The TK61vn or the K50vn would do even better, but I don't have either of those. If I lost only one light, the K40vn is probably the one that would have the largest impact on my collection.

For EDC, I really like my P25vn. Bigger than some people like for EDC, but belt carry is my preferred method, and for that it is great. I only notice it when I need it. It provides incredible throw for the size, pretty decent spill, everything from 2 to well over 1000 lumens, and can manage heat FAR better than something smaller like the PD35vn. And I find the extra size actually makes it easier for me to use. You can set it up as a tactical light, too, if that is your thing. Has memory for all modes, including blinky ones. :twothumbs UI is better than the Fenix, too, in my opinion. Can access turbo from off, or from any standard mode, without having to scroll through like you do on the Fenix.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Coin toss!! K40vn or TK75vn KT!!

K40vn is powerful, versatile and compact for what it does.

TK75vn KT ,,,,the stock TK75 had always been my favorite until I started getting mods,,,,,,,,,,now it is a favorite again in modded form! This light is very heat efficient and has awesome run times,only slightly less than when it was stock! :) :) :)

makapuu

Enlightened
It's between the Dedomed Noah and the TK75 KT. When I first switched on the Noah, I thought immediately this is my favorite. But maybe I thought that way because it was my newest light and it gave me that new light rush. Now that the excitement has settled down, I find myself reaching for my TK75 KT again. I was always a throw junkie and the TK75 KT has that but it also has awesome spill. I look upon the Noah as a light that has raised the bar. The size to output ratio is just so dam impressive, and it's not a problem to carry around. For the time being it's a tie. Vinh, you need to create something else to be the tie breaker. LOL

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I have TN31vn, Mvn and the SC6330vn and a few Edc size vn's.

Hands down the 6330vn is probably one of my favorite lights. The size to output ratio is amazing.

Would love to see beamshots 6330vn against the MM15vn.

I don't think that many 6330vn's exist due to the 50% fail rate performing the mod.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me an all rounder is a light you can easily carry with you. So then for me it's hands down the TX25C2VN for its compact size, lumen out put, throw, great spill, and three very nice levels. I would echo as well that the S6330vn dedomed is just a superb little light also. Won't go in a pants pocket, but would a coat pocket or cargo pocket. Such a wide amount of possibilities in lumens, size of a soda can but uses three 18650 giving it better run time and more power, not the best thrower but enough for an all rounder IMO. If you are OK with bigger I would suggest the X40vn. High lumen, good throw, lots of spill, variable control ring, and oh yeah, you don't need a changer as you can charge the batteries in the light itself ;-)

Last edited: