Fill in the blank. "If you, you just might be a flashaholic!"

Poppy

Flashaholic
Don't you hate it when that happens?

I used a ham radio repeater with a phone patch to call in a jeep rollover once. While I was on the patch with 911/dispatch, another motorist with a cell phone stopped and called it in, too. Buzz kill.
Wow if there was no cell service, you would have been a hero!

It's great to know that you are prepared. I hope you are around me, if I ever need such assistance.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow if there was no cell service, you would have been a hero!

It's great to know that you are prepared. I hope you are around me, if I ever need such assistance.
Thanks Poppy. I doubt that I will, but there are thousands of other hams who any one of which, could be.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you "stalk" your family members' flashlights, so you can covertly "upgrade" them, to see the look on their faces when they turn on their new flamethrower, you just might be a very sick and twisted, flashaholic! 😈

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get in a fistfight with the airport TSA agent for not allowing you to take your 4D Maglite with a crenelated bezel and Bust-A-Cap tailcap on the plane in your carry-on bag, you just might be a flashaholic! :twak:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you visit the battery section at your local stores, if you don't know whether to bust out laughing or cry, you just might be a flashaholic!
If my options were the free HF light, Dorcy, Nebo, Coast, and the like I wouldn't even be a flashaholic. Sadly this is what your everyday 'joe' is and will be using. When I was in my 20s you could get a Surefire at Lowes or a Led Lenser at Radio Shack with Maglites being everywhere.

The future is looking dim.

There used to be American made lights of all sorts of price ranges to be had. Cheap Everready for under a fiver, Maglite at the $10-45 range, then specialty lights like Pelican/Peli, UK, Fulton, Tekna, with Surefire and Streamlight at the top.

Will things ever be good again? Good Chinese lights are nowhere to be found either. I don't feel internet only sales is good for the long term.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If my options were the free HF light, Dorcy, Nebo, Coast, and the like I wouldn't even be a flashaholic. Sadly this is what your everyday 'joe' is and will be using. When I was in my 20s you could get a Surefire at Lowes or a Led Lenser at Radio Shack with Maglites being everywhere.

The future is looking dim.

There used to be American made lights of all sorts of price ranges to be had. Cheap Everready for under a fiver, Maglite at the $10-45 range, then specialty lights like Pelican/Peli, UK, Fulton, Tekna, with Surefire and Streamlight at the top.

Will things ever be good again? Good Chinese lights are nowhere to be found either. I don't feel internet only sales is good for the long term.
This is supposed to be a humor thread.

"You're killing me, Smalls!"
1688933687366.png

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you visit the flashlight aisle at your local stores, if you don't know whether to bust out laughing or cry, you just might be a flashaholic!

I think using alkaline batteries is kind of like consuming alcohol--some use them responsibly, others don't . You use alkaline batteries responsibly, so they aren't a problem. Am I wrong?
There should be a statement for them like they make at the end each alcohol commercial.

Alkaline batteries: please employ responsibly.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
There should be a statement for them like they make at the end each alcohol commercial.

Alkaline batteries: please employ responsibly.
We need a Battery Control Agency to run PSA's on TV, radio, the internet and in print ads with that message, and make the alkaleak manufacturers put it on the packages of alkaleaks.