Single cell SF with high output

KQL

Newly Enlightened
Please forgive my ignorance. I sort of skipped the whole high end incandescent flashlight era, went straight from maglites to LEDs.

I'm asking for help in identifying a single cell Surefire and an appropriate high-output 3rd party bulb. I can run any cell, RCRs, IMR, etc.

Is the e1e with lumens factory EO-E1R running on an IMR 16340 my best bet for a single-cell pocket rocket?

Is there a twisty tail cap compatible with the e1e?

Conte

Enlightened
Single cell could mean 18650. A very common config.

That E1E config sounds good to me. I'd see if it could get bored out to take an 18350.

Too bad it's so hard to find just an E-series head. Fivemega has some nice single 18350 E bodies.

KQL

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I meant a single Cr123 light. I like the look of the small lights. A bored body would be just fine, no need to keep this one stock, I'm not a collector. But I do see that they're rare. It's just money though, right? I once heard a funny saying: "My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell all my gear for what I told her I paid for it."

Illum

Flashaholic
That E1E config sounds good to me. I'd see if it could get bored out to take an 18350.

Nope.... There isn't enough material in an E series body to bore to 18mm, assuming you don't bore through, it will compromise the rigidity of the aluminium.

It would appear 18mm cells are wider than the E-series bodies are to begin with. The tail threads would be totally gone if it is as there is not enough material in the valley of the threads to bore to 18 mm. Most of my remaining surefires are of E bodies [E2L, L4, etc.] I see no way of fitting an 18650 in one. However, it would be very easy in a 3P/6P/9P body

EDIT: I guess its possible, though I don't know how
Precisionworks did it: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ring-service&p=3726769&viewfull=1#post3726769

Last edited:

Conte

Enlightened
Nope.... There isn't enough material in an E series body to bore to 18mm, assuming you don't bore through, it will compromise the rigidity of the aluminium.

Yeah, eh? I was wondering that actually, I never personally owned an E myself.

darkangel55555

Newly Enlightened
If you want something relatively turnkey, FiveMega made 18650 and 18350 E bodies with an integrated McClickie. They've been discontinued awhile, I believe, but they show up on the secondary market occasionally.

The twisty for the E series is the z52. Also fairly rare. You might find that the E head C tail compatible bodies from FM are a better solution. Slightly more bulky than a Surefire body and tail, but you can get C twisty tails a lot more easily.

For added fun, seek out a McE2s tail for two levels of twisty action.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Candlepowerforums mobile app

KQL

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I haven't updated, but I bought a couple of solarforce hosts, including the l2m which can run a single 18350. Also bought z41 tailcaps and a couple lumens factory bulbs to play around with. Not as nice as e1e, but for $10/host. I can't get them to work with my p60 bulbs though, see other thread.