**Are you going to buy Surefire & Arc in 2004?**

nonbox

Banned
Are you going to buy Surefire & Arc in 2004? I heard both companies will not sell on the net in 04. Prices will remain high or go higher.

Are you going to buy another brand instead?

MXDan

Newly Enlightened
I will if the prices are right. Meaning, for Surefire anyway, if they go up to retail, my Surefire collection will stop growing unless it is from the B/S/T section. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

kaseri

Enlightened
It depends on what products come out. As far as Surefire lights go I'm very unimpressed with most of them. The only lights that SF makes that I believe are worth the asking price are the L4 and the M6. So unless SF comes out with something REALLY great I won't be buying any SF products.

ARC on the other hand I will buy. I find the ARC lights to be of the highest quality and the customer service is top notch. The LS light is my favorite LED light and with the release of the LS4 I'll have dual beams with a color that the SF L1 can only dream about.

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
nonbox said:
I heard both companies will not sell on the net in 04.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I'm aware, there will still be internet sales for both brands in '04.

[ QUOTE ]
nonbox said:
Prices will remain high or go higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get this inside information?

Nobox, the nature of what you're trying to start here doesn't fit with the nature of our General Flashlight forum. I'm going to move it to the Cafe.

I also expect you to at least attempt to use as much skill in keeping it in order as you did initiating it. Remember, you started it. Now, control it.

SockMan

Newly Enlightened
Re: **Are you going to buy Surefire & Arc in 2004?

I might buy from either if I can afford it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

However, I would be more willing to buy from Arc unless Surefire comes out with something great. I don't know what Surefire is developing, so it's hard to tell if I'm going to buy anything from them next year.

paulr

Flashaholic

Who knows. Depends on my finances. I could see buying some Arc AAA's to give out as presents. I'd also like an Arc AA and might buy one, but it's low priority since I have several CMG Infinity series lights. I lust after a Surefire L4 and might buy one, but I also have some interest in the Arc LS5. I'm unlikely to buy BOTH an L4 and an LS5. I'm not very thrilled about the LS5's computerization features but physical form factor will matter a lot to me, and I haven't seen a pic or measurements of the LS5 yet. An integrated rechargeable battery system will also make the LS5 a lot more interesting if it has one. I'd say this is sort of a toss-up for me.

I've had the idea for a while of trying to graft an SF KL5 head onto a plastic-body 4AA light like a UKE 4AA and running it on rechargeables, but don't know how likely I am to actually attempt that.

I'm sort of interested in a KL1 with both the 1x123 and 3x123 Vitalgear twisty packs, the 1x for a small EDC light and the 3x for very long runtime. These combos are fairly inexpensive at www.tadgear.com.

I wanted an E2e for a while but I'm not terribly interested in Surefire incandescents any more. The lamps are too expensive and the lights don't hold spares. I like the Streamlight TL2/TL3 better and want to try a Dorcy Spyder as a cheaper alternative.

The no-internet-sales policy doesn't bother me except as it affects my ability to buy. That is, I don't have philosophical objections to it; I just see it may have not-so-hot practical consequences. I'll probably buy mostly from CPF BST just like I do now anyway, and I don't think that supply will be affected terribly much.

lionken07

Newly Enlightened

surefire for sure. I have the Z3 and L4. They both havn't fail me once yet! (and I have my Z3 for over 2 years now!). They are a bit expensive but you get what you pay for.

will arc come up with something new in 2004?

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu

Surefire: no - just too expensive.

Arc: maybe, if I could get them for reasonable shipping costs here in Canada *and* if I could get the 2AA battery pack *instead* of the 123 pack. 123s are just too expensive in Canada. I'm starting to lean toward a Bad Boy or Mad Max instead.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunately from both as my flashlight budget has seemingly outgrown my computer budget. A few more Arc AAA's as I have wiped out my supply. Most likely an LS4 and possibly an LSP if Peter knocks the price down a lot as he has doen to the LSL recently. Most likely at least an LS4 from Surefire as a gift. Possibly an L5 and who knows what goodies they'll release in 2004.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will for sure buy Arc in 2004... the LS4 and also probably the LS5.... Not sure about the surefire lineup. I like the small form factor and the functionality/craftsmanship you get with the Arc.

hamhanded

Enlightened

Honestly, I have no clue. There isn't *any* B&M shop nearby that sells any Surefire product-- at least not one that I know of. I get all of my 123A's from their website too. I think SF will be making a huge mistake by going retail-only.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Probably... at this point I'm not sure "it" will ever stop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

Btw, "it" refers to incoming flashlights.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
I will continuing buying ARCs. I remember in one thread a while back that Peter (from ARC) mentioned that he plans to keep prices as low as reasonably possible--and I believe him. The LS4 looks to be a great EDC. Love my LSL-S.

Getting my first Surefire product soon, so I'll have to reserve judgement until then.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
More than likely will probably be buying from both. Especially if any new products come out that I really like.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll probibly buy either the LS4 or LS5 from ARC, but not both.

For Surefire, it depends on what they have cooking in their LED line or dual LED/Incandescent versions. What if Surefire announces products almost the same as ARC's LS4/LS5 ????

But frankly it's got to be good. I already have from ARC several AAA's, an LSH-P, an LSHF-P. From Surefire I have the TW4, E2e, 9P, C3, M3, M6...frankly even this flashaholic is very close to saying enough is enough!

GregR