fenix HL55 lockout?

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
Can the fenix HL55 be mechanically deactivated by a twist of the cap like some lights to prevent parasitic drain and inadvertent activation?

Thanks

;)

Crotulus

Newly Enlightened
Can the fenix HL55 be mechanically deactivated by a twist of the cap like some lights to prevent parasitic drain and inadvertent activation?

Thanks

;)

Turning the battery cap a quarter turn open appears to work as a lockout. I just tried it and the light will not turn on after a slight twist. That should be enough to keep it from accidentally turning on.

Hope that helps.

magicstone12

Banned
Turning the battery cap a quarter turn open appears to work as a lockout. I just tried it and the light will not turn on after a slight twist. That should be enough to keep it from accidentally turning on.

Hope that helps.

The light can be activated by pressing the powered button for 0.5 second,,aybe it is not easy to be inadvertent activated.

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
Thanks folks

i picked up a HL55

the problem is that there is a very noticeable flickering on low ... Almost like a candle or slow strobe

does anyoe else have this issue?

;)

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks folks

i picked up a HL55

the problem is that there is a very noticeable flickering on low ... Almost like a candle or slow strobe

does anyoe else have this issue?

;)

Yes. I have a review sample which has this issue. I've reported it to Fenix, and they have asked me for the serial number. No further feedback so far.

To the OP, you can lock out the HL55.

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
Yes. I have a review sample which has this issue. I've reported it to Fenix, and they have asked me for the serial number. No further feedback so far.

To the OP, you can lock out the HL55.

thanks for the update

its very dissapointing as the flickering makes reading in low mode very annoying and honestly gives me a headache

I have contacted the dealer and distributer for my region ... We will see if they honor fenixes 15 day exchange warranty

;)

Crotulus

Newly Enlightened
Posted in your other thread too...

I have not spent much time in eco mode but I checked it out after seeing you mention this. Yes, my unit has a slight flicker to it in this ultra low mode. The other modes... low, med, high and turbo are all rock solid. For my use I spend most of my time in low and high so it's not much of an issue for me.

I could see how that could get annoying while trying to read.