S30R Baton Tailcap Issues and Upcoming Fix

Olightworld

Enlightened
Some of you may have experienced problems with the S30R baton flashlight. We have tested the S30R extensively and have found out that some tailcaps have an electrical resistance that is too high and is causing issues with charging and general operation. We hope to begin shipping out the upgraded model at the beginning of May and will also have tailcaps to replace those with issues at that time. If your S30R has any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for help. We are happy to repair the lights that have been sold. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

- Olight Support

Last edited:

Terry M

Newly Enlightened
While I appreciate this, you may want to inform your telephone/e-mail staff of this. I was dismissed with the quickness when I called to question the problems I was having. I belong to a Facebook group that had many members with the same bad experience. I own 4 Olights and due to this I won't be buying anymore. I sent my S30R back to Amazon and bought a Fenix. Proven quality control and great customer service.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight thank you for this. My dad is on his third one as the first two had the issues but between you all and going gear the problem has always been taken care of. Glad to hear the problem has been found and so far so good with the third light.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Terry,

I apologize about the issue that you had with your S30R. We have been going through a transition with our warranty and customer service department. We have completely moved into our new location and are operating at full capacity. If you have any issues in the future, please call (678) 424-1116 or email [email protected].

tinkerhell

Newly Enlightened
If we are experiencing this problem can we just send in the tailcap for a replacement? I'm having the same issues that others have mentioned (red light on with fresh batteries, high beam mod will flicker or the light just won't come on at all). I've disassembled and cleaned all the contact points in the tailcap and for now that seems to have solved the problem but if it comes up again I'd like to send the cap in and for a replacement. I'd rather not send the whole light back in.

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
My S30R, It flick few time, Now doesn't work, call up going gear for RMA. It said may take 3 month to get a back for repair from China.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do we need to do to get a new tail cap? My dad's light has quite completely now. This is the the third one he has had trouble with (first one we bought and next two have been warranty replacements). He really likes the light but this is getting annoying. Everyone has been good to work with and has repeatedly taken care of it but I'm to the point of just cutting my losses and buying him a Fenix.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hi Tac Gunner,

I am sorry to hear this about your light. Please send a tail cap request to [email protected]. We will put you on a list to get the new tail cap when we receive them soon. Thank you.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to derail your thread, but I have sent a message via your website in regards to a Warrior M20, the driver has quit working. It is the 26mm driver. No where can I find a replacement. I got no response from Olight's Customer service.

I know its the driver because I swapped it out with another Warrior. Also, I tested the led and it works fine. The voltage output is too low for some reason.

It is a older model M20 Warrior "Special Operations" Cree S2 LED Serial number B005782. It has been a good light up until this failure. Just amazed I can't get a replacement driver anywhere and no response from Customer Service.

In all fairness, I only sent one message.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hi Str8stroke,

I am sorry to hear about your light failure. Have you tried to contact support again? The M20 special operations model has been discontinued and we have a very limited supply of parts for it. I can see if we have any drivers for it at our manufacturing facility. Thank you.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
No I have not tried contact them again yet. I will send a message tonight or tomorrow. If you could find a old one hanging around, that would be super slick!
Thank you!

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of you may have experienced problems with the S30R baton flashlight. We have tested the S30R extensively and have found out that some tailcaps have an electrical resistance that is too high and is causing issues with charging and general operation. We hope to begin shipping out the upgraded model at the beginning of May and will also have tailcaps to replace those with issues at that time. If your S30R has any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for help. We are happy to repair the lights that have been sold. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

- Olight Support

Is this issue only on the S30R ? What about the other similar lights S10R and S15R ? Do they share common parts?

Olightworld

Enlightened
We have only confirmed the issue with the S30R. The S30R has a different size and internal design than any of the others. If you have an issue with the other models please reach out to [email protected]. Thank you.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have only confirmed the issue with the S30R. The S30R has a different size and internal design than any of the others. If you have an issue with the other models please reach out to [email protected]. Thank you.

No issues, looking to buy soon, wanted to make sure all was good before buying. I have a SR52 already, great search light, now need something small to go with it.

Many thanks

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Dad received his new tail cap about three weeks ago and the light worked for two weeks and is now acting up again. When you turn it on you can cycle through all modes once and then it's stuck in low. Unscrew the tail cap and put it back on and you can cycle through the modes once and it's stuck in low again. The problem just repeats. Really wish I had gotten him a Fenix. 3 lights and the new tail cap and it is still not working right. Going to call Olight again and see what happens. Everyone has been helpful but it's getting old real quick not having a functioning light.

Olightworld

Enlightened
There are several that have this issue. We also have many customers with the S30R and it works perfectly. We have postponed all S30R distribution to our dealers just in case until we release the light again with the new tail cap.

Olightworld

Enlightened
We rarely get the non-rechargeable S30's sent to us for repair. You are good to go if you are looking at purchasing one.